• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2014 Offseason

saddles

Bring up Blaine Crim #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If what you say is true than Moreland has been living off of the Johnathan Sanchez 3 run homer in game 3 World Series of 2010. Keep in mind most Rangers played well in that game ( the only win for the Rangers). I don't recall Moreland doing anything against Tim Linceum in his prime ( 2 games), Matt Cain in his prime (1 game), and an up and coming Madison Bumgarner ( that game was his coming out party). Notice that Sanchez is no longer with the team and was not better than the aforementioned 3 pitchers. In fairness, none of the Rangers did anything against those guys, but we are talking about Moreland right now.

Mitch was 2 for 3 in game 1 and of course that meant Wash had to pinch hit for him late in the game. Lincecum started that game and Mitch got both hits including a double off of Lincecum..

Mitch was 1 for 2 with a walk in Game 2 against Matt Cain.

Mitch was 1 for 3 with a HR in Game 3 against Sanchez. By the way today is the 4 year anniversary of that game.

Mitch was 1 for 3 against Bumgarner in Game 4.

Mitch was 1 for 2 with a walk in Game 5 against Cain.

Again, this is ancient history now, but I just wanted to set the record straight that Mitch did great in that WS and his numbers weren't just against Sanchez.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I heard JD on the radio a few minutes ago. He hinted that even if something didn't get done with Colby now that talks could resurface later in the winter. That sounds like they may not want to pay him what he wants.

He also said the top priority in the offseason was first rotation and then back up catcher with Telis going back to the minors. He said they may also try to pick up a bat for either LF or DH, but he didn't sound like that was a priority.

He said the improvement in offense would have to come from Fielder, Choo, Elvis and Leonys and possibly from younger guys like Rua and Odor and others.

He also said he always had an open mind about the manager position and that he tried to tell folks that, but most didn't believe him. He said he knew he was going to interview several folks so he could get the very best available.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mitch was 2 for 3 in game 1 and of course that meant Wash had to pinch hit for him late in the game. Lincecum started that game and Mitch got both hits including a double off of Lincecum..

Mitch was 1 for 2 with a walk in Game 2 against Matt Cain.

Mitch was 1 for 3 with a HR in Game 3 against Sanchez. By the way today is the 4 year anniversary of that game.

Mitch was 1 for 3 against Bumgarner in Game 4.

Mitch was 1 for 2 with a walk in Game 5 against Cain.

Again, this is ancient history now, but I just wanted to set the record straight that Mitch did great in that WS and his numbers weren't just against Sanchez.

Don't you go interjecting facts into a conversation about Moreland like that.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I heard JD on the radio a few minutes ago. He hinted that even if something didn't get done with Colby now that talks could resurface later in the winter. That sounds like they may not want to pay him what he wants.

He also said the top priority in the offseason was first rotation and then back up catcher with Telis going back to the minors. He said they may also try to pick up a bat for either LF or DH, but he didn't sound like that was a priority.

He said the improvement in offense would have to come from Fielder, Choo, Elvis and Leonys and possibly from younger guys like Rua and Odor and others.

He also said he always had an open mind about the manager position and that he tried to tell folks that, but most didn't believe him. He said he knew he was going to interview several folks so he could get the very best available.

Lol at thinking JD would blab his real plans for acquisitions on the radio.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WHAT THE HELL DOES ONE DO when their is no baseball?

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Basketball becomes my everyday sports go to, I mostly just watch and follow the Mavs though

Thankfully college and pro football exist for me. If I was stuck with only the NBA to get me until baseball season...Well I don't know. Hard to enjoy the NBA for me. The flopping and refs are just not appealing. The NFL is headed in the same direction with way too many penalties being called.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol at thinking JD would blab his real plans for acquisitions on the radio.

Which part of what he said do you think has the biggest chance of not being his real plans? Or do you not believe any of it equally?

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Which part of what he said do you think has the biggest chance of not being his real plans? Or do you not believe any of it equally?

When it comes to him voicing his plans before they actually happen, I take all of it with a grain of salt.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When it comes to him voicing his plans before they actually happen, I take all of it with a grain of salt.

I was just curious as to which part of it stood out to you as probably being the most unlikely to unfold the way he has stated?

Is it the rotation being the top priority? Is it the back up catcher being the second priority? Or is it that another bat in LF or DH is a distant third priority? Or maybe you see something completely different as a bigger priority?

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was just curious as to which part of it stood out to you as probably being the most unlikely to unfold the way he has stated?

Is it the rotation being the top priority? Is it the back up catcher being the second priority? Or is it that another bat in LF or DH is a distant third priority? Or maybe you see something completely different as a bigger priority?

It's all just noise.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What do you think his priorities will be?

If I know anything, I know it's that I cannot predict Jon Daniels.

Now if you're asking me what my priorities would be, #1 is most definitely a starting pitcher. Now, considering how ridiculous free agency has gotten, especially for pitchers, im most likely looking to trade My first target is the Reds. They'll need to open some payroll to give to Cueto and Chapman. They've got a couple pitchers that would slot nicely as our #3. Since they pitch in a hitter's park I know I can trust their numbers.

Second would probably be a catcher. I'd be happy to have Soto back, but Walked is an interesting option too.

I'd be having Fielder as the primary DH, and moving Rua to first at least half of the time. This means I need at least a part time left fielder. That might take some work, but it's doable.

Lastly, I'm looking for bullpen pieces that won't cost me an arm and a leg. JD is great at this, so I'm not too worried about it.

Last edited by a moderator:

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does anyone know where to find the details about the new local TV contract the Rangers have with Fox that kicks in next year? I read one place that it was 1.6 billion over 20 years and in 2 other places I read it was 3 billion over 20 years. Also, if I remember correctly the Rangers got a small amount of it upfront when the deal was signed. Does anyone know the specifics including how much the previous deal gave them annually.