• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2014 Offseason

saddles

Bring up Blaine Crim #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very good, I had never heard this story or of Lyman Bostock

I remember being so excited to be able to go after Hisle or Bostock and then my hopes were crushed by Mr. Kuhn.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How do you miss a block in the back like that?

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We cannot finish plays on the QB...thankfully McCoy missed his wide open man.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
(1) Question: Who do you see as the top 3 trade options at SP for Texas? Also, what do you think it would take to get each of them?
Gerry Fraley: I'd focus on Cincinnati. They have to re-sign Chapman and Cueto. That means no money for some of the other pitchers: Leake, Latos, Simon. I'd focus on Leake.

(2) Question: With Martin in CF and Choo potentially moving to RF, who do you predict as the Rangers opening day LF (Or RF if Choo stays in LF)? I would really like to see Rua given the chance to play the opposite corner OF spot every day.
Gerry Fraley: Rua earned a shot with his play in the last 4 weeks. Same with Smolinski. Rangers could use a left-handed bat in the mix, but do not see it as Adduci.

Question: biggest free agents and which one might Rangers go after?
Gerry Fraley: I'd put Russell Martin at the top of the list. Don't see them in on Scherzer, Shields or Lester.

(3) Question: biggest surprise for 2015 roster?
Gerry Fraley: It'll be a good spring for the club if there are no surprises on the 2015 opening day roster. The prospects, such as Alex Gonzalez and Luke Jackson, need more developmental time.

(4) Question: Also, what do you think we could get for Profar if we traded him this offseason? Can't get Tavares from St. Louis anymore.
Gerry Fraley: Profar has minimal trade value now because of his lack of playing time the last two years. he has to re-establish himself as a player. most teams believe it takes two years to recover from one lost year.

I hate it when a person only answers half the question like (1).....In (4) I didn't know the two year thought process for recovery.

Last edited by a moderator:

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
(1) Question: Who do you see as the top 3 trade options at SP for Texas? Also, what do you think it would take to get each of them?
Gerry Fraley: I'd focus on Cincinnati. They have to re-sign Chapman and Cueto. That means no money for some of the other pitchers: Leake, Latos, Simon. I'd focus on Leake.

(2) Question: With Martin in CF and Choo potentially moving to RF, who do you predict as the Rangers opening day LF (Or RF if Choo stays in LF)? I would really like to see Rua given the chance to play the opposite corner OF spot every day.
Gerry Fraley: Rua earned a shot with his play in the last 4 weeks. Same with Smolinski. Rangers could use a left-handed bat in the mix, but do not see it as Adduci.

Question: biggest free agents and which one might Rangers go after?
Gerry Fraley: I'd put Russell Martin at the top of the list. Don't see them in on Scherzer, Shields or Lester.

(3) Question: biggest surprise for 2015 roster?
Gerry Fraley: It'll be a good spring for the club if there are no surprises on the 2015 opening day roster. The prospects, such as Alex Gonzalez and Luke Jackson, need more developmental time.

(4) Question: Also, what do you think we could get for Profar if we traded him this offseason? Can't get Tavares from St. Louis anymore.
Gerry Fraley: Profar has minimal trade value now because of his lack of playing time the last two years. he has to re-establish himself as a player. most teams believe it takes two years to recover from one lost year.

I hate it when a person only answers half the question like (1).....In (4) I didn't know the two year thought process for recovery.

I think Profar has minimal trade value due to the fact that it isn't a certainty that his shoulder will ever be healthy enough to play again.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Profar has minimal trade value due to the fact that it isn't a certainty that his shoulder will ever be healthy enough to play again.

It's one of those he's not healthy till he is situations. I'm not so sure trading Profar is a good move anyways.

ESPN Refugee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've still got many high hopes for Profar. Still a young buck too.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd prefer to see Rua in the mix at 1B not LF, put Fielder at DH, he doesn't have the pull or right to say he prefers to be on the field anymore with his mobility and injury concerns

At this point he's a sunk cost no matter where he plays, might as well as keep him as healthy as possible and enjoy better defense at 1B

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd prefer to see Rua in the mix at 1B not LF, put Fielder at DH, he doesn't have the pull or right to say he prefers to be on the field anymore with his mobility and injury concerns

At this point he's a sunk cost no matter where he plays, might as well as keep him as healthy as possible and enjoy better defense at 1B

His cervical condition might just give us a good excuse to do that.

ESPN Refugee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's Profars contract status like? How many more years do we have control over him and when will he be due for potential arbitration?

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's Profars contract status like? How many more years do we have control over him and when will he be due for potential arbitration?

He's arbitration eligible in 2016 and a FA in 2020.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

:agree:........I understood why we didn't want to force this issue last season had he been healthy.

But you've made two definitive and correct assessments IMO.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One good thing about having Fielder at DH with an alternative plan for 1B is that if Fielder is unable to perform due to his health it is a lot easier to replace a DH mid-season than it is a 1B.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One good thing about having Fielder at DH with an alternative plan for 1B is that if Fielder is unable to perform due to his health it is a lot easier to replace a DH mid-season than it is a 1B.

Plus you can give Fielder a couple days a week at 1B and Choo a couple days a week at DH, and you can also cycle Beltre into that discussion as well, but Beltre isn't near the defensive liability the other 2 are

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Plus you can give Fielder a couple days a week at 1B and Choo a couple days a week at DH, and you can also cycle Beltre into that discussion as well, but Beltre isn't near the defensive liability the other 2 are

But, do you still do that if the everyday 1B is hitting better than Prince and/or Choo? Wash would if the everyday 1B was Rua or another young player, but will Banister? I would hope not.