• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2014 Offseason

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's Buster Olney's "predispositions" for the fall classic. He did readily admit, "it's a dart game in mid-Mar.

National League -- the Nationals, Pirates and Dodgers as winners of their respective divisions, with the Cardinals and the Marlins as wild-card teams.

American League -- the Orioles, Indians and Mariners as winners of their respective divisions, with the Tigers and Yankees as wild-card teams.

World Series: Pirates over the Mariners.

Windingmywatch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Here's Buster Olney's "predispositions" for the fall classic. He did readily admit, "it's a dart game in mid-Mar.

National League -- the Nationals, Pirates and Dodgers as winners of their respective divisions, with the Cardinals and the Marlins as wild-card teams.

American League -- the Orioles, Indians and Mariners as winners of their respective divisions, with the Tigers and Yankees as wild-card teams.

He's right. "It's a dart game in mid-Mar".

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree. I just hope he can k

I just have this feeling he will be playing with nagging injuries the remainder of his career. For one thing he seems to foul those inside breaking pitches off of his ankle often. Would really like to see him healthy because he would be a difference maker at the plate.

I, like you, hope you're wrong. hahaha But the observation you made about Choo banging the ball off his ankle is an accurate one.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's right. "It's a dart game in mid-Mar".

Well, if we can bat around "what's gonna happen in 2017" then old Buster outta be able to throw his darts at the World Series for 2015. :suds:

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

My AL would be: Red Sox, Mariners, and White Sox. Tigers and Angels as the WC

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He gets paid for his thoughts ... but we often put more thought into some of our thinking than the 'pros' do.

The national writers, in general, spend so much time on the major markets - regardless if the respective teams in those markets are worth squat or not - it annoys all the rest of us and our teams immensely.

My St Lou buddies are constantly complaining about same. And it's one of the best teams/towns in all of baseball. Maybe the best overall, actually.

Yet, NY (2), LA (2), Boston, Philly, Chi (2) and now DC get the bulk of the attention, and it's pretty obvious from what we hear/see these national guys just flat don't keep up with the rest of the nation like they should.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He gets paid for his thoughts ... but we often put more thought into some of our thinking than the 'pros' do.
I was thinking something along those lines. When things are slow and not much going on like now, the boss still wants to see something coming across his desk even if it's bs. Thus you get Calvin and the such.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My AL would be: Red Sox, Mariners, and White Sox. Tigers and Angels as the WC

Two years ago if you'd said Seattle is gonna win our division in 2015 you'd been labeled a crazy person; maybe worse. Today, not a bad prediction IMO.

But I sure hope you're wrong on the Angels. If for no other reason, I honestly and deeply despise CJ Wilson.

Windingmywatch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
The national writers, in general, spend so much time on the major markets - regardless if the respective teams in those markets are worth squat or not - it annoys all the rest of us and our teams immensely.

My St Lou buddies are constantly complaining about same. And it's one of the best teams/towns in all of baseball. Maybe the best overall, actually.

Yet, NY (2), LA (2), Boston, Philly, Chi (2) and now DC get the bulk of the attention, and it's pretty obvious from what we hear/see these national guys just flat don't keep up with the rest of the nation like they should.

He did pick PIT over SEA. Certainly neither big market teams. But know what you mean.

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Two years ago if you'd said Seattle is gonna win our division in 2015 you'd been labeled a crazy person; maybe worse. Today, not a bad prediction IMO.

But I sure hope you're wrong on the Angels. If for no other reason, I honestly and deeply despise CJ Wilson.

Seattle has one of the best rotations in baseball. When they signed Nelly I took a good look at their roster and that's when I started thinking they would win this division. I don't feel as strongly about the Angels. They've been known to underperform in the past. I think losing Kendrick will hurt them. He's a solid ballplayer.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The Angels are still a better team the the Mariners. Maybe not 98 win better, but the Mariners chance is likely as a WC.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seattle has one of the best rotations in baseball. When they signed Nelly I took a good look at their roster and that's when I started thinking they would win this division. I don't feel as strongly about the Angels. They've been known to underperform in the past. I think losing Kendrick will hurt them. He's a solid ballplayer.

If Pujols is healthy I would not want to see the Angels in the playoffs.

Their starting rotation is also pretty good if Shoemaker is back. It sucks, but damn all that wasted money isn't really hurting them. They will likely be better with Hamilton out.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He did pick PIT over SEA. Certainly neither big market teams. But know what you mean.

My thinking is, if you went into Buster's office right now and asked him all he knew about the Pirates, Seattle, Yankees, Red Sox he'd be better prepared for the latter two.

Maybe I'm selling em all short. But swear, this is how I feel most of the time.