• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2014 Offseason

saddles

Bring up Blaine Crim #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Admin had me locked out all day Kept saying my email was not valid and it is bc been receiving mail from others. Have any you guys had trouble. If so give em' a new address and that will fix it.:hellno:
None lately.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think his future is at 3B, but I also don't see him moving anytime soon either, at least until he gets his swing sorted out

I am not disagreeing with you or anyone else about his future may be at another position.

All I'm "suggesting is" it's not beyond the realm of possibilities for him to remain at 3rd base; short and/or long term.

With his bat, attitude and overall athletic ability, if he continues to show growth with cutting down on K's, getting more walks, making more consistent contact, etc., he'll force his way onto the field "somewhere" soon and if the most logical spot is 3rd, it'll be 3rd then.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I caught grief all last season for even "suggesting" Gallo's future may be at 3rd. Not was.....just perhaps.

So this makes two of us.

I know he may move tomorrow. But all this "he's too big, and he'd be better at a COF spot, and with his power, blah-blah-blah has been WAY overstated.

Some of what I saw about him not playing 3rd at the MLB level was that he was an average 3rd baseman. Now since he has been playing A and AA ball so I do not get to see him in the field I am not sure if that is true or not. Let's face it, if he has good hands and leather he will play 3rd base regardless of his size.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Admin had me locked out all day Kept saying my email was not valid and it is bc been receiving mail from others. Have any you guys had trouble. If so give em' a new address and that will fix it.:hellno:

I couldn't log on at all earlier, and it kept saying the site was unavailable. But as far as me directly, none at all once I tried to log on after letting a few hours go by.

In any case, glad your back.

You sure have had a fair share of ghosts in the machine over the past year haven't ya?

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I couldn't log on at all earlier, and it kept saying the site was unavailable. But as far as me directly, none at all once I tried to log on after letting a few hours go by.

In any case, glad your back.

You sure have had a fair share of ghosts in the machine over the past year haven't ya?
Glad we're both back. I was pretty upset for a while. This SportsHoopla stuff is fun and contagious. Ghost in the machine?

Windingmywatch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

Could not access this morning. But sounds like a tech gliche. I have not experienced problems except perspective, content and grammar errors ... but don't think that is a management problem.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Glad we're both back. I was pretty upset for a while. This SportsHoopla stuff is fun and contagious. Ghost in the machine?

We're you having some technical problems late last season which most of us weren't?

Windingmywatch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I am not disagreeing with you or anyone else about his future may be at another position.

All I'm "suggesting is" it's not beyond the realm of possibilities for him to remain at 3rd base; short and/or long term.

With his bat, attitude and overall athletic ability, if he continues to show growth with cutting down on K's, getting more walks, making more consistent contact, etc., he'll force his way onto the field "somewhere" soon and if the most logical spot is 3rd, it'll be 3rd then.

Then there is always the possibility of Beltre moving across to 1b and Prince going to permanent DH ... spelling potential bad news for Mitch and Choo. Whole lot easier for Beltre to adjust to a new position by a guy wanting to extend his career than for Gallo to adjust to a new position and daily MLB pitching.

Gallo may be the next 3Bman ... but he still needs work on his defense to crack the 'Troy Glaus glove' level based on his minor league stats.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then there is always the possibility of Beltre moving across to 1b and Prince going to permanent DH ... spelling potential bad news for Mitch and Choo. Whole lot easier for Beltre to adjust to a new position by a guy wanting to extend his career than for Gallo to adjust to a new position and daily MLB pitching.

Gallo may be the next 3Bman ... but he still needs work on his defense to crack the 'Troy Glaus glove' level based on his minor league stats.
He will have to move AB off 3rd and he won't be easily jar'd loose.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If he comes up in the middle of this season Beltre would most likely not be moving anywhere. That is something they would have to address with Beltre in an offseason.

Windingmywatch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
If he comes up in the middle of this season Beltre would most likely not be moving anywhere. That is something they would have to address with Beltre in an offseason.

Bennie . Per T.R. ... Bannister said "... there are no plans to use infielder Joey Gallo in the outfield". Also per T.R. "The Rangers are going to keep him at third base".

Sounds like to me there would be no plan to bring him up midseason if AB's move to 1b and Prince's move to DH a an offseason topic.

If he's a midseason callup ... and Bannister says he's not playing the OF ... then someone is going to move because I don't see Bannister making young guys sit on the end of the bench like Wash did until they were ice cold.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bennie . Per T.R. ... Bannister said "... there are no plans to use infielder Joey Gallo in the outfield". Also per T.R. "The Rangers are going to keep him at third base".

Sounds like to me there would be no plan to bring him up midseason if AB's move to 1b and Prince's move to DH a an offseason topic.

If he's a midseason callup ... and Bannister says he's not playing the OF ... then someone is going to move because I don't see Bannister making young guys sit on the end of the bench like Wash did until they were ice cold.

Or they're going to keep him playing 3b in the minors waiting for Beltre's paper hamstrings to tear is my guess.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

No one asked Bannister if Gallo was ever going to play in the outfield at any time in the future. Banister replied to the question as if there were no plans currently to shift him to the OF and I believe that. Nonetheless, if the only opening in late July is in the OF and Gallo is tearing it up then I don't have any doubts that they would allow him to play in the OF temporarily. Teixeira did that some at the beginning of his career.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or they're going to keep him playing 3b in the minors waiting for Beltre's paper hamstrings to tear is my guess.
I don't see Beltre going any where in 2015 unless he's hurt. Why would he need to be rushed into making a sudden change. He still remains a top rated 3 bagger with an rbi bat. Just my observation

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see Beltre going any where in 2015 unless he's hurt. Why would he need to be rushed into making a sudden change. He still remains a top rated 3 bagger with an rbi bat. Just my observation

Nor I. Thus the reason for my post.