• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2014 Offseason

Windingmywatch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I don't see Beltre going any where in 2015 unless he's hurt. Why would he need to be rushed into making a sudden change. He still remains a top rated 3 bagger with an rbi bat. Just my observation

Don't think he is moving off 3b this season either ... and since management says Gallo's not going to be an outfielder when they didn't have to say anything ... tells me that unless AB blows up a hamstring the next time we see Gallo will be in September.

Wash is gone along with the strategy of bringing a guy up to play in a role and position he is totally unfamiliar with. So if we see Gallo at 3b for Frisco or 3b for Round Rock ... that pretty much tells you where he will play in Arlington. If he gets work at 1b ... well that might changes the options. But it is clear ... Bannister (according to T.R.) sees Gallo at 3b. Think another quote earlier in the week Bannister said exactly that.

And we don't know that AB, Bannister and the FO haven't already talked about all this already. AB is going to have a key role in the lineup this season and next. His career extends by moving across the diamond at the right time ... and when he is 97 I still would prefer BA at 1b over Prince. Prince may have the pull to be on the field over Mitch ... but he doesn't get to be on the field and relegate AB to DH.

Miggy's FPCT jumped 40 points when he moved from 3b to 1b. If Miggy can make that transition ... at the right time Adrian will too. And TEX determination that Gallo will be its next 3bman means it doesn't warrant Gallo spending any money on a 1bman or OF glove.

Windingmywatch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I have no doubt in my mind that if AB wanted to play 1b tonight all he needs is 15 minutes of infield drills. It's not like it was with Blalock when he had to spend 6 weeks in Arizona to make the transition.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Selling a first base move to Adrian Beltre may be exactly what keeps him with the Rangers long term. Once again, Choo looks like the odd man out 3-4 years from now.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2-3 years max.

Edit: Nah change my mind 2 max. I think Choo may have only one ST left for TEX after this one.

I still think Choo will be a productive player for the next 5 years or so. I just don't see where he fits in our lineup.

saddles

Bring up Blaine Crim #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't think he is moving off 3b this season either ... and since management says Gallo's not going to be an outfielder when they didn't have to say anything ... tells me that unless AB blows up a hamstring the next time we see Gallo will be in September.

Wash is gone along with the strategy of bringing a guy up to play in a role and position he is totally unfamiliar with. So if we see Gallo at 3b for Frisco or 3b for Round Rock ... that pretty much tells you where he will play in Arlington. If he gets work at 1b ... well that might changes the options. But it is clear ... Bannister (according to T.R.) sees Gallo at 3b. Think another quote earlier in the week Bannister said exactly that.

And we don't know that AB, Bannister and the FO haven't already talked about all this already. AB is going to have a key role in the lineup this season and next. His career extends by moving across the diamond at the right time ... and when he is 97 I still would prefer BA at 1b over Prince. Prince may have the pull to be on the field over Mitch ... but he doesn't get to be on the field and relegate AB to DH.

Miggy's FPCT jumped 40 points when he moved from 3b to 1b. If Miggy can make that transition ... at the right time Adrian will too. And TEX determination that Gallo will be its next 3bman means it doesn't warrant Gallo spending any money on a 1bman or OF glove.

I have heard Thad Levine say that he could see Gallo playing OF, 1B or 3B. I think you are taking what Bannister said as long term when he meant for the foreseeable future. In other words there are no plans currently to put Gallo in the OF. That doesn't mean there won't be in plans to do so in July. Also, if he is only going to play 3B then why would they even bring him up in September to play 3 or 4 games while Beltre is rested. In that line of thinking Gallo may not make it here before 2017 when Beltre is no longer under contract.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still think Choo will be a productive player for the next 5 years or so. I just don't see where he fits in our lineup.

If Choo isn't going to be here long term then he should be traded as soon as he proves healthy. Waiting too long only decreases both our chances of dealing him and the return we can get.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Beltre will be with us thru the 2016 season at minimum and believe that Choo will be with the team at least thru the 2017 season and Fielder is going no where. i know some are hoping and praying that the Rangers get rid of 1 or more of them as quickly as possible but smart money says that isn't going to happen unless the return is the maximum and again that isn't going to happen

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Beltre will be with us thru the 2016 season at minimum and believe that Choo will be with the team at least thru the 2017 season and Fielder is going no where. i know some are hoping and praying that the Rangers get rid of 1 or more of them as quickly as possible but smart money says that isn't going to happen unless the return is the maximum and again that isn't going to happen

If the Rangers prove to be competitive for this season without being a contender, IMO the Rangers will field trade offers for AB.

No one wants AB to go anywhere. But if he's healthy and productive, we're out of the running, then he'll be sought after. And it is prudent for the team to listen.

Besides, I think if the FO approaches AB and points out he's got a chance to play for a WS title, plus he'll always have a home here, he'll be receptive to the idea.

Xx srs bsns xX

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,409.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Rangers prove to be competitive for this season without being a contender, IMO the Rangers will field trade offers for AB.

No one wants AB to go anywhere. But if he's healthy and productive, we're out of the running, then he'll be sought after. And it is prudent for the team to listen.

Besides, I think if the FO approaches AB and points out he's got a chance to play for a WS title, plus he'll always have a home here, he'll be receptive to the idea.

AB & the team have both said this spring that they want Beltre to retire a Ranger. HOWEVER, they also both acknowledged that Beltre wants to win a WS title....so if the Rangers arent winning - or dont think next year is the year either... I believe both sides will explore trading him to the best spot for him to win a WS.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AB & the team have both said this spring that they want Beltre to retire a Ranger. HOWEVER, they also both acknowledged that Beltre wants to win a WS title....so if the Rangers arent winning - or dont think next year is the year either... I believe both sides will explore trading him to the best spot for him to win a WS.

Do keep in mind that Beltre can and probably will retire a Ranger. He's had some of his best years/experiences here and it appears he thinks of us as family. Justifiably so for both sides.

It really doesn't matter what "we think" might happen in 2016. If next season he/us sees an opportunity for a trade which would bring us some good/younger players while allowing AB to pursue a crown, it's an ideal win-win situation. Also consider how much wear his body has taken. He needs to win it now, if he can.

It's the classic, one in the hand/two in the bush scenario IMO.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who do you see in our lineup, rotation and closer for 2017? If you think a spot will be plugged by a free agent then just fill in that spot with FA. I am curious to see how you think this thing unfolds.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do keep in mind that Beltre can and probably will retire a Ranger. He's had some of his best years/experiences here and it appears he thinks of us as family. Justifiably so for both sides.

It really doesn't matter what "we think" might happen in 2016. If next season he/us sees an opportunity for a trade which would bring us some good/younger players while allowing AB to pursue a crown, it's an ideal win-win situation. Also consider how much wear his body has taken. He needs to win it now, if he can.

It's the classic, one in the hand/two in the bush scenario IMO.

Yes, we could trade him and then bring him back in 2017 to DH.

Windingmywatch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
If Choo isn't going to be here long term then he should be traded as soon as he proves healthy. Waiting too long only decreases both our chances of dealing him and the return we can get.

"but smart money says that isn't going to happen ... "

Can I get in on some of that smart money Scotty?

Windingmywatch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Yes, we could trade him and then bring him back in 2017 to DH.

If he goes he's gone I am afraid. Whoever snags him will bring him back to do the same for them he would do for TEX ... 1b, DH or 3b.

Now if TEX could package Beltre and Choo ... for a bushel of prospects then resign Adrian that would be cool but I bet once he's gone he's gone.