• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2014 Offseason

True Rangers Fan

2023 World Series Champions
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TR Sullivan has tweeted "Rangers manager Jeff Banister said there are no plans to use Joey Gallo in the outfield"

True Rangers Fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the dreaded rainout. the area averages 330 days of sunshine a year... what a pisser to have a ST game called for rain.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the dreaded rainout. the area averages 330 days of sunshine a year... what a pisser to have a ST game called for rain.

Just saw the game was cancelled, bummer after no game yesterday. What to do?

ESPN Refugee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Bet the players love it tho especially when it's approaching the last stretch of ST.

saddles

Bring up Blaine Crim #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TR Sullivan has tweeted "Rangers manager Jeff Banister said there are no plans to use Joey Gallo in the outfield"
"Manager Jeff Banister said there are no plans to use infielder Joey Gallo in the outfield. Gallo, who is on the travel roster to San Antonio, has played in 12 Cactus League games and is 7-for-25 with two home runs and six RBI. The Rangers are going to keep him at third base."

Within this context it seems Sullivan means Banister was saying there are no plans to play him at 3B in ST.

True Rangers Fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Manager Jeff Banister said there are no plans to use infielder Joey Gallo in the outfield. Gallo, who is on the travel roster to San Antonio, has played in 12 Cactus League games and is 7-for-25 with two home runs and six RBI. The Rangers are going to keep him at third base."

Within this context it seems Sullivan means Banister was saying there are no plans to play him at 3B in ST.

Texas Rangers manager Jeff Banister: No plans to use Joey Gallo in outfield | Dallas Morning News

In that context it sounds like Gallo is at 3B going forward, beyond ST.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not surprising, been stated as such for a while now

I caught grief all last season for even "suggesting" Gallo's future may be at 3rd. Not was.....just perhaps.

So this makes two of us.

I know he may move tomorrow. But all this "he's too big, and he'd be better at a COF spot, and with his power, blah-blah-blah has been WAY overstated.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Texas Rangers manager Jeff Banister: No plans to use Joey Gallo in outfield | Dallas Morning News

Despite Gallo’s big spring and the club’s outfield hole, the top prospect will remain a third baseman, manager Jeff Banister said Thursday.

“It’s an interesting question,” Banister said of looking at Gallo in the outfield. “But this is the position he’s played since he got into pro baseball. He is a third baseman and he’s going to be a good big league third baseman. We’re going to let him focus on that.”

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I caught grief all last season for even "suggesting" Gallo's future may be at 3rd. Not was.....just perhaps.

So this makes two of us.

I know he may move tomorrow. But all this "he's too big, and he'd be better at a COF spot, and with his power, blah-blah-blah has been WAY overstated.

I would have no problem with him playing third base when he is ready, but Beltre might.

There are a lot of things to unfold before anything is known. How he progresses this year and how fast are two big ones. What the Rangers do at the trade deadline is another big one. If they trade Choo then I think Gallo comes up as a RF until Beltre leaves 3B. If they trade Beltre then Gallo comes up and plays 3B. Or if Bletre suffers a long term injury then Gallo probably comes up and plays 3B depending on the timing of the injury. There is a lot of unraveling to do before we know how everything works out. It will be fun to watch.

Windingmywatch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

Despite Gallo’s big spring and the club’s outfield hole, the top prospect will remain a third baseman, manager Jeff Banister said Thursday.

“It’s an interesting question,” Banister said of looking at Gallo in the outfield. “But this is the position he’s played since he got into pro baseball. He is a third baseman and he’s going to be a good big league third baseman. We’re going to let him focus on that.”

That statement allows Gallo to focus on a single thing and give him confidence he's the understudy at 3b. Less stress and can focus on that whether back at AA or AAA. Frisco is closer to Arlington. Also sends a message to Beltre ... and indirectly to Prince ... and even more indirectly to Choo.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So this makes two of us.

I don't think his future is at 3B, but I also don't see him moving anytime soon either, at least until he gets his swing sorted out

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Admin had me locked out all day Kept saying my email was not valid and it is bc been receiving mail from others. Have any you guys had trouble. If so give em' a new address and that will fix it.:hellno: