• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2014 Offseason

saddles

Bring up Blaine Crim #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No offense, but I will be glad when you're wrong on this one. I think Prince will hit through his contract, now he won't be at 1B.
No offense taken. I will be glad to be wrong as well.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fielder isn't as nearly as worthless, Fielder's contract is bad but pales in comparison to that Howard boondoggle
I wasn't necessarily comparing contracts. I was only trying to say that in the last 2 to 3 years of his contract that we would have to pay nearly all of his salary if we traded him and that we would not be interested in keeping him on the club.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No offense taken. I will be glad to be wrong as well.

I figured you would Bennie, let's both hope we are wrong on Choo as well. His is the one I am more concerned with, though I think he's nowhere close to being on a downturn. He will just have to get back on track offensively, to be moved, cause I think we have too many DH not everyday defensive guys in the coming years.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will really be glad when you guys get home. My "ALERT" button isn't lighting up red. Get with the program and support the elderly.
Your friend,
DT:nod:

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wasn't necessarily comparing contracts. I was only trying to say that in the last 2 to 3 years of his contract that we would have to pay nearly all of his salary if we traded him and that we would not be interested in keeping him on the club.

I was speaking as to their worth as a hitter, Howard is useless and overpaid, Fielder as of now still is just overpaid, Fielder doesn't project to be as useless as Howard even with his decline

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was speaking as to their worth as a hitter, Howard is useless and overpaid, Fielder as of now still is just overpaid, Fielder doesn't project to be as useless as Howard even with his decline

He wouldn't have to be as useless as Howard to have no place in our lineup though. His dad's stats fell like a rock when he was 33. If he hits .260 with 13 HRs at 33 the way his dad did then I sure hope we have better hitters that would keep him on the bench.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He wouldn't have to be as useless as Howard to have no place in our lineup though. His dad's stats fell like a rock when he was 33. If he hits .260 with 13 HRs at 33 the way his dad did then I sure hope we have better hitters that would keep him on the bench.

Transitioning him to DH could extend his career.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well in three seasons we will cross that bridge when we come to it? Then again, I don't see why his father's numbers are relevant to his.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well in three seasons we will cross that bridge when we come to it? Then again, I don't see why his father's numbers are relevant to his.
We all might have to help carry Prince across the bridge by then. Be ready.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bannister: Carlos Peguero 'a force' for Rangers

Carlos Peguero is in camp with the Rangers as a non-roster invitee, after spending all but four games in the minor leagues with the Royals last season.

Peguero is making a case to break camp in the Majors this spring. He went two for two with a home run and two RBI on Tuesday, lifting his spring average to .438.

The left-handed hitting Peguero is five for 10 against right-handed pitchers, with three extra-base hits, and he may end up sharing the left field job in a platoon.

“He’s a force,” manager Jeff Banister said, according to Gerry Fraley of the Dallas Morning News. “He’s intriguing.”

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rangers' Banister: Rougned Odor controlling strike zone better

Rangers manager Jeff Bainster spoke Tuesday about the improvements second baseman Rougned Odor has made at the plate, MLB.com reports.

"He looks like he is doing a better job of controlling the strike zone," Banister said. "He looks like he can swing the bat and he's got some raw power. He hangs in there against left-handers. I think eventually if he is not one of the top of the order guys, he could be in an RBI slot as an offensive second baseman. His power sneaks up on you."

Odor is 7 for 20 with two doubles and one home run in nine games this spring.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alex Gonzalez still in the running for spot in Rangers' rotation

Rangers starting pitcher prospect Alex Gonzalezsurvived another round of cuts Tuesday, leaving him in the running for a spot in the team's rotation, per MLB.com.

"We are in a situation where are looking at two slots," manager Jeff Banister said. "We are not taking anybody out of the mix who is in the mix."

Gonzalez, however, is left to compete against a long list of candidates. They include Ross Detwiler, Nick Tepesch, Nick Martinez, Ross Ohlendorf, Anthony Ranaudo, Lisalverto Bonilla and Anthony Bass.

Gonzalez, who hasn't pitched above Double-A, is 1-0 with a 4.15 ERA through three spring outings (one start). He has allowed four runs on seven hits and four walks, while striking out nine in 8 2/3 innings.

"He has pitched effectively," Banister said. "He is calm and composed and has been able to get all his pitches in play. This is going to be a nice effective pitcher at the major-league level."

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3