• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2014 Offseason

saddles

Bring up Blaine Crim #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't waste your time.

I have plenty of time. I would like to see the reasoning behind such an empty statement or make it obvious that there isn't any reasoning there.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Dodgers are said to be sticking with Mattingly for 2015. That is being reported by multiply outlets. Sometimes the "obvious" isn't really as obvious as some think. Everyone thought Bogar was a cinch to manage here next year and then this morning everyone thought Maddon had to be heading to the Dodgers. Things usually aren't as clear cut as they seem.

Not sure everyone was but I stated that they could use a manager because Mattingly is garbage. I already knew the Dodgers Brainless trust had endorsed him for next year. I cannot imagine why.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have plenty of time. I would like to see the reasoning behind such an empty statement or make it obvious that there isn't any reasoning there.

Several of us have been down this rabbit hole. The guy is a total ass whip. Not worth the time. But by all means.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure everyone was but I stated that they could use a manager because Mattingly is garbage. I already knew the Dodgers Brainless trust had endorsed him for next year. I cannot imagine why.

I thought so myself and I saw a lot of folks who thought so in various places earlier. I didn't mean "everyone" literally though. lol

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Several of us have been down this rabbit hole. The guy is a total ass whip. Not worth the time. But by all means.

Most of the time guys who make statements like that that are empty and devoid of reasoning cannot answer anything in return so the conversation usually doesn't get very far.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most of the time guys who make statements like that that are empty and devoid of reasoning cannot answer anything in return so the conversation usually doesn't get very far.

He won't even bother with attempting. He'll just pop in for some drive by stupidity.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From watching Around-the-Horn and PTI today - generically speaking - the prevailing thought there was Joe will take this year off, then swoop down on the best available.

Again, they seem to think the Cubbies is a natural landing spot.

But some of this landscape may change if the FO in LA change course before the AS break.

jaar01

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't have a mancrush on JD like some here do. He is a mixed bag of successes and failures like most GMs. I'll grant him that. Talk to those who know him. Not very well liked inside his own front office, and mostly because of his autonomous style of decision making. Maddon left the Rays because Friedman left the Rays. Maddon also had significant input on personnel decisions and only stayed in Tampa so long because Friedman permitted this. That wasn't and isn't going to happen under JD's watch.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wouldn't it be crazy if the Rangers somehow got Maddon to come in as Bannister's bench coach?

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wouldn't it be crazy if the Rangers somehow got Maddon to come in as Bannister's bench coach?

And if pigs suddenly flew put of my ass, I'd have free bacon for the rest of my life!! :dance:

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't have a mancrush on JD like some here do. He is a mixed bag of successes and failures like most GMs. I'll grant him that. Talk to those who know him. Not very well liked inside his own front office, and mostly because of his autonomous style of decision making. Maddon left the Rays because Friedman left the Rays. Maddon also had significant input on personnel decisions and only stayed in Tampa so long because Friedman permitted this. That wasn't and isn't going to happen under JD's watch.

LOL Where did you get your inside info there bud?

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Deepthroat:L

What I find hilarious is that people who would talk this way about JD and probably call him a backstabber conveniently forget how Nolan pushed out Greenberg as soon as they owned the team.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Please tell us the names of the people that you know that also know JD.

ESPN Refugee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What I find hilarious is that people who would talk this way about JD and probably call him a backstabber conveniently forget how Nolan pushed out Greenberg as soon as they owned the team.

That is what gets me the most in how people forget that. Nolan was not the Rangers and the Rangers were not Nolan. Yes he gave this organization some credibility by signing here in 89 but when I think of the Texas Rangers it honestly takes me a while before I bring Nolan up. Maybe it's just me tho.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Also, Greenberg pulled a bunch of crap at the winter meetings which embarrassed the organization.

The he flew, unaccompanied and without anyone else's knowledge, to Ark to chat with Lee about resigning with us.

Greenberg's ego was outta control.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From Cowlishaw on Maddon and the Rangers:

Maddon has taken the cash-strapped Rays to the playoffs four times in the past seven years. His teams have won 90 games five times in that span. He has been named A.L. Manager of the Year twice since 2008.

That's why everyone wants him. So what in the world would make Maddon say, "You know, I really want to go where half the roster was on the disabled list in 2014"?

That just would not happen.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Two from Fraley:

Question: Do you think the Rangers will try to keep Scott Baker? I thought he did a good job when he was asked to start on short notice a couple of times. A team can always find a place for guys like that it seems to me.

Gerry Fraley: You are on the mark. The case can be made that Scott was the club's most valuable pitcher this season. He handled a variety of roles, many of which were no-win situations, and always carried himself as a true professional. Now that teams know Baker is healthy again, there will be a demand for him on the market.

Question: After he puts together a staff, what is job one for Jeff Banister?

Gerry Fraley: Build relationships with his players. That was Ron Washington's strength, getting his players to believe in him and play hard for him. I maintain that is a manager's most important job. Handling the bullpen is next.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From Cowlishaw on Maddon and the Rangers:

Maddon has taken the cash-strapped Rays to the playoffs four times in the past seven years. His teams have won 90 games five times in that span. He has been named A.L. Manager of the Year twice since 2008.

That's why everyone wants him. So what in the world would make Maddon say, "You know, I really want to go where half the roster was on the disabled list in 2014"?

That just would not happen.

And it is true that once Friedman left that helped Maddon make his decision to opt out. He will have the cat by the tail when the time comes based on what you posted Donaldson which I did read somewhere yesterday.