• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2014 Offseason

Xx srs bsns xX

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,409.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All this kid does is have clean innings. I don't know how they'll be able to keep him off the roster.

I'm not basing this on his ST. His numbers have been great every year in the minors. He moved up to AA last year and his ERA was 1.86 with 12.8 SO/9. His walks went up when he was promoted but it didn't affect his ERA.

Best part: He's 21.

Easy -- Baseball is a business. So calling him up later in the year potentially grants the Rangers another year of control.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know some of ya find EG to be full on malarkey, but he had some good observations and info for us on Norm's show today.

He seems to think Hoying has really put himself into the conversation of backup OF.

But the most encouraging thing he had to say was regarding our overall team SHAPE, physically. Choo/Prince look well and EA is in the best shape ever.

True Rangers Fan

2023 World Series Champions
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But the most encouraging thing he had to say was regarding our overall team SHAPE, physically. Choo/Prince look well and EA is in the best shape ever.

Some of the pictures I've seen of Prince this Spring Training, he's looked leaner than I've ever seen him. What that will mean for his overall season, I have no clue. But he does seem to have put in some work getting lighter.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some of the pictures I've seen of Prince this Spring Training, he's looked leaner than I've ever seen him. What that will mean for his overall season, I have no clue. But he does seem to have put in some work getting lighter.

I'm not sure I'd use "lean" and Prince Fielder in the same sentence. But I do know where you're coming from. Just messing with ya a little. :nod:

But seriously, did you hear the interview with EA? I thought a key point he made was, "some players think I've gained weight, but I've actually lost 15 lbs." That's a double positive as far as I'm concerned.

True Rangers Fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure I'd use "lean" and Prince Fielder in the same sentence. But I do know where you're coming from. Just messing with ya a little. :nod:

But seriously, did you hear the interview with EA? I thought a key point he made was, "some players think I've gained weight, but I've actually lost 15 lbs." That's a double positive as far as I'm concerned.

Didn't hear the interview (don't live in the Metroplex) but 15 lbs sounds about right. He's always going to be a big guy, but if being not-as-big-as-before can benefit him, then I'm all for it.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't hear the interview (don't live in the Metroplex) but 15 lbs sounds about right. He's always going to be a big guy, but if being not-as-big-as-before can benefit him, then I'm all for it.

Sorry....the interview was with Elvis, not Prince.

But staying on your point, lost weight and being in "game shape" can't be anything other than good can it? Regardless of what player we're speaking about. And seriously, I sense/see some dramatic changes in how both Elvis and Prince are approaching this season. It's like the light went on for both of em, to an extent anyway.

For me, I'm not sure I have any expectations for this club right now. As far as what they can/can't accomplish I mean.

I want them to play hard - which under Bannister I feel is a given - stay positive, support each other and let's play the game - today's game ONLY - and see what we get.

True Rangers Fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry....the interview was with Elvis, not Prince.

But staying on your point, lost weight and being in "game shape" can't be anything other than good can it? Regardless of what player we're speaking about. And seriously, I sense/see some dramatic changes in how both Elvis and Prince are approaching this season. It's like the light went on for both of em, to an extent anyway.

For me, I'm not sure I have any expectations for this club right now. As far as what they can/can't accomplish I mean.

I want them to play hard - which under Bannister I feel is a given - stay positive, support each other and let's play the game - today's game ONLY - and see what we get.

Whoops... I misread the earlier post. Thought it was referring to Evan Grant talking about Fielder losing 15 lbs on the radio.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think the main thing to take away from these guys getting into shape is that they are motivated. May not equate to results but I personally think it will.

saddles

Bring up Blaine Crim #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know some of ya find EG to be full on malarkey, but he had some good observations and info for us on Norm's show today.

He seems to think Hoying has really put himself into the conversation of backup OF.

That's funny. I asked Evan about Hoying two weeks ago and he didn't have much good to say about his chances. That is Evan for you. Reminds me of when I asked him about the possibility of Mitch coming up the year he came up. He acted like Mitch would not be coming up anytime in the near future, but he was here less than a week later. Evan always sounds confident and that is okay, but he is rarely right it seems.

saddles

Bring up Blaine Crim #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Easy -- Baseball is a business. So calling him up later in the year potentially grants the Rangers another year of control.
I have never seen any evidence that things like that affect the Rangers decision making process.

TexasPower

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like the game today is going to be shown on mlb.tv I'm stoked that there finally showing a Rangers ST game! only 30 mins till the game is on... anyone else plan on watching?

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like the game today is going to be shown on mlb.tv I'm stoked that there finally showing a Rangers ST game! only 30 mins till the game is on... anyone else plan on watching?

Yep, I'll have it on

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes sir
Don't let the boss catch ya.

Thats for sure, I "hear" he's a grade A a-hole.......Oh heck wait a minute that would be me. Yup an a-hole for sure!

Windingmywatch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
That's funny. I asked Evan about Hoying two weeks ago and he didn't have much good to say about his chances. That is Evan for you. Reminds me of when I asked him about the possibility of Mitch coming up the year he came up. He acted like Mitch would not be coming up anytime in the near future, but he was here less than a week later. Evan always sounds confident and that is okay, but he is rarely right it seems.

EG POV is as stable as a beach ball.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Odor just keeps getting on base, a little flare over the SS and 2nd base bag