• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2014 Offseason

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saw Vogt after I posted but missed Fuld. Do not know much about Semien. Thanks.

He's a top infield prospect they got from the White Sox, gonna be a good one it appears

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kela with a clean inning, looks like he was pumping in strikes

All this kid does is have clean innings. I don't know how they'll be able to keep him off the roster.

I'm not basing this on his ST. His numbers have been great every year in the minors. He moved up to AA last year and his ERA was 1.86 with 12.8 SO/9. His walks went up when he was promoted but it didn't affect his ERA.

Best part: He's 21.

saddles

Bring up Blaine Crim #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Regardless if we have Darvish or not I am going to try and be optimistic and hope we have some guys step up as starters that we were not counting on. I think Detwiler could be a good addition and I know some on this board have thought so before. Ohlendorf and Nick Martinez may come up big. I remember when Cliff Lee left many thought the Rangers were doomed. Keys of course will be if many of our injured from last year can return to form. I am still excited for the first official game.

The difference is that when Lee left Beltre came aboard. We don't have a Plan 1(B) to fall back on this time. It will still be an exciting team to watch though.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rangers win 4-1.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DVR that thing, man!
Nah. I just wanna see a couple of innings to tide me over until the reg season. Then again Darvish's situation makes me a lot less excited about the season. I was hoping he and Derek could win about 35-40 games combined.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's a top infield prospect they got from the White Sox, gonna be a good one it appears

Okay, now I do remember him. He was part of the Samardzija trade. Got some playing time last year with the Sox.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The difference is that when Lee left Beltre came aboard. We don't have a Plan 1(B) to fall back on this time. It will still be an exciting team to watch though.

I can agree with what you are saying but the funny thing is that most fans at the time were complaining about picking up Beltre saying he was a contract year player. And Napoli was under the radar to most fans. What we got out of him was ridiculous. So that is what I am hoping we see this year. Some guys come up big.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can agree with what you are saying but the funny thing is that most fans at the time were complaining about picking up Beltre saying he was a contract year player. And Napoli was under the radar to most fans. What we got out of him was ridiculous. So that is what I am hoping we see this year. Some guys come up big.

Yes, I remember that lame anti-Beltre argument very well. I think most of that was done before we actually got him by those who thought we weren't going to get him and therefore thought they had to provide JD some cover for not landing him. As I recall all of that talk stopped once we landed him.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How bad would it be to have Amaro as your GM.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Besides the obvious like Holland, Choo, Fielder and Beltre having good years what else do you guys think has to happen for this team to not only play meaningful games in September, but be good enough to win a playoff series. What are your 5 keys besides the obvious ones.

1)Either Perez or Harrison one has to not only come back, but pitch like a #3 starter in the second half of the season.

2)One of the young starters has to have a good season. I mean have an ERA close to 4.00 or slightly below and give us 180-200 innings.

3)Odor has to progress even further and have a very good season offensively with decent to good defense. One that garners him some All Star considerations.

4)Rua has to come in and play very well. Something like .280 and 25 HRs.

5)No other major injuries. None at all. Not even more than 2-3 15 day DL stints.

I think the first thing I mentioned and the last one will probably be the toughest of the five.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Besides the obvious like Holland, Choo, Fielder and Beltre having good years what else do you guys think has to happen for this team to not only play meaningful games in September, but be good enough to win a playoff series. What are your 5 keys besides the obvious ones.

1)Either Perez or Harrison one has to not only come back, but pitch like a #3 starter in the second half of the season.

2)One of the young starters has to have a good season. I mean have an ERA close to 4.00 or slightly below and give us 180-200 innings.

3)Odor has to progress even further and have a very good season offensively with decent to good defense. One that garners him some All Star considerations.

4)Rua has to come in and play very well. Something like .280 and 25 HRs.

5)No other major injuries. None at all. Not even more than 2-3 15 day DL stints.

I think the first thing I mentioned and the last one will probably be the toughest of the five.

1) Do not even hope for either.

2) I was about to say that.

3) I don't know about all-star, but I'd say you're not far off.

4) Rua is very important IMO, but that is a damn near certain all star lock. I'M thinking something like an .800 OPS and 20 HR's is good enough.

5) For sure.

6) Cobra has to return to his usual stud self.

7) Feliz, Scheppers, and a few others need to be studs in the pen.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bannister was talking about this on the local DFW news Saturday.

He was on Norm's show today and when it was over Norm made the comment of, "Bannister is just a hard guy not to like."

Bannister, IMO, isn't Polly-Anna or anything. But he does believe in keeping things positive and viewing the glass as half full.