• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2014 Offseason

Godstree

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know who I miss? Ian Kinsler. I know he shot his mouth off when he left, but that guy was a great Ranger. Yes, he had his moments, but he always brought it on the field. And even when his range and base stealing abilities dropped off a bit he still seemed to find moments of magic. His influence was a good thing on this team.

Tiger fans sure like Ian.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probably most of ya didn't get a chance to hear Norm's show today, but he started with the Rangers, then had a nice visit with Bannister, and his last segment was with Jon Daniels.

It was a fun show for me, and I continue to be impressed with how JD handles questions head-on without hesitation.

Windingmywatch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
You know who I miss? Ian Kinsler. I know he shot his mouth off when he left, but that guy was a great Ranger. Yes, he had his moments, but he always brought it on the field. And even when his range and base stealing abilities dropped off a bit he still seemed to find moments of magic. His influence was a good thing on this team.

Yea ... I miss those towering drives to deep SS and those times when he fell asleep in the midst of a lead off 1b.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tiger fans sure like Ian.

You sure about this? I watched a game after the AS break and Ian popped up - yes I know it's hard to believe Kins could do such - and the crowd booed loudly.

I know a guy from Detroit - not well really - but he was telling me the relationship is already a love/hate one.

Ya know, when you get traded or go somewhere as a FA there is no "mutual respect" built in like he had with us.

He was one of own, took a cheap shot as us heading outta town too! A-Hole

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea ... I miss those towering drives to deep SS and those times when he fell asleep in the midst of a lead off 1b.

The pop ups were over stated, but I wasn't saying I want him back. Just reminiscing about him as a Ranger.

saddles

Bring up Blaine Crim #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Emerging prospect De Leon, 18, absorbing camp lessons | texasrangers.com

"One thing that he does really well is catch the ball at shortstop," said Mike Daly, senior director of Minor League operations. "He has a very good internal clock and a very high baseball IQ. He gives managers confidence in knowing that if a ground ball is hit to Michael, he will catch it and throw the guy out. He's a contact bat and he's a legitimate switch-hitter."

Windingmywatch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
The pop ups were over stated, but I wasn't saying I want him back. Just reminiscing about him as a Ranger.

I was reminiscing too. :D

More positive than those negatives of course. Teamed up well with Elvis at 2b. Will always remember some plays he made deep to his left. Having Elvis covering the middle he learned he could cheat a half a step to his left. Came up all the way through the TEX organization. First star Frisco got to see play en route to TEX. When MY was traded expected him to take on more of a leadership role that didn't seem to materialize. I think he took MY's departure more personally than MY did. Voicing his thoughts as he left for DET shows he hadn't matured as much as we thought he had. Enjoyed him while he was here but know TEX is a better team on the field than it was. Some of that is Fielder TBD ... more of that is Odor and even more so because it was unanticipated.

saddles

Bring up Blaine Crim #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was reminiscing too. :D

More positive than those negatives of course. Teamed up well with Elvis at 2b. Will always remember some plays he made deep to his left. Having Elvis covering the middle he learned he could cheat a half a step to his left. Came up all the way through the TEX organization. First star Frisco got to see play en route to TEX. When MY was traded expected him to take on more of a leadership role that didn't seem to materialize. I think he took MY's departure more personally than MY did. Voicing his thoughts as he left for DET shows he hadn't matured as much as we thought he had. Enjoyed him while he was here but know TEX is a better team on the field than it was. Some of that is Fielder TBD ... more of that is Odor and even more so because it was unanticipated.
Had Kinsler accepted a leadership role, especially in regards to younger players, and had he accepted moving to the OF I would have been all for keeping him and him still being here now. This would have been a different team had those things happened. Keeping Kinsler and having him in the OF would have changed the previous offseason a great deal. We would not have Prince and we very well might not even have Choo due to us having Kinsler both leading off and in the OF. The money that was spent on those guys could have been spent elsewhere.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's coming out for the 3rd.
He came out working on his off-speed in the 3rd and walked Sam Fuld. He missed with every slider and curve.

I don't expect them to be throwing strikes with that stuff right now.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Regardless if we have Darvish or not I am going to try and be optimistic and hope we have some guys step up as starters that we were not counting on. I think Detwiler could be a good addition and I know some on this board have thought so before. Ohlendorf and Nick Martinez may come up big. I remember when Cliff Lee left many thought the Rangers were doomed. Keys of course will be if many of our injured from last year can return to form. I am still excited for the first official game.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's coming out for the 3rd.
He came out working on his off-speed in the 3rd and walked Sam Fuld. He missed with every slider and curve.

Made it through 3 innings giving up 2 hits and 3 walks and struck out 3. Not sure if I know one single position player that is playing for Oakland today though.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Regardless if we have Darvish or not I am going to try and be optimistic and hope we have some guys step up as starters that we were not counting on. I think Detwiler could be a good addition and I know some on this board have thought so before. Ohlendorf and Nick Martinez may come up big. I remember when Cliff Lee left many thought the Rangers were doomed. Keys of course will be if many of our injured from last year can return to form. I am still excited for the first official game.
Bannister was talking about this on the local DFW news Saturday.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Me too