• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2014 Offseason

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He might end up breaking the ballpark record for longest HR. I wonder if it's possible to put one on the rook in RF. :scratch:

This guy has Stanton potential. I like the way the organization is handling him. You do not want to screw up this kid's development.

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This guy has Stanton potential. I like the way the organization is handling him. You do not want to screw up this kid's development.

I've loved his potential since I saw him hit a moon shot in a ST game a few years ago. It might have been 3 years ago now. They've all run together in my mind. He makes it look so easy. His swing is similar to Hamilton's. He has a much better eye and approach than Josh.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They were talking about it on the radio. The success stories are few and far between. Tanaka is trying to do it now I think.[/QUOTE]

I think Tanaka ultimately ends up hurt again and has to bite the bullet and have the surgery as well. I had him on one of my fantasy teams last year but I am not sure I take him unless its mid to late this year

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys keep screwing up the quote box.

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He might end up breaking the ballpark record for longest HR. I wonder if it's possible to put one on the rook in RF. :scratch:

I look forward to seeing him try someday. Maybe this September.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I look forward to seeing him try someday. Maybe this September.

I could see Gallo getting a call up in September depending on his performance this year.

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Crawler won't take this lightly lol

MM always performs really well in spring training. I expect this spring to be no different. I wouldnt start evaluating the guy until the regular season, when teams are actually trying to win games. For all we know, the guy he homered off of will be bagging groceries in mid-April.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Me too. That's why I said earlier that the end of the season should be exciting no matter what. Chi Chi too if he doesn't start the year in the rotation.

Chi chi won't be in the rotation, and he shouldn't be.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cowlishaw: What's next for Rangers after losing their most indispensable player | Dallas Morning News

This is a good article with a good graphic showing the structure of the elbow area and what this injury is and how it is treated. Cowlishaw also does a good job explaining why eh Rangers aren't going after Lee or Hamels.

It's unlikely -- more like preposterous -- to think that the Rangers response to devastating news will be to go invest $25 million for one year of Cliff Lee or nearly $100 million for four seasons of Cole Hamels.

You have to keep in mind that for the Rangers to contend this season -- and this is with Darvish -- they were counting on significant comebacks from Prince Fielder and Shin-Soo Choo, on 30 starts from Derek Holland who gave them six last year, on help from the rotation's 4-5 spots that seem suspect (Colby Lewis, Ross Detwiler), on returns to form from Neftali Feliz as a closer and Elvis Andrus as a shortstop who cares.

When you're dealt a blow of this magnitude, climbing into the top five in payroll with so many unanswered prayers on hand already is not the answer.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chi chi won't be in the rotation, and he shouldn't be.
I am not expecting him to be, but I wouldn't be shocked if he is. Surprised yes, but not shocked.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cowlishaw: What's next for Rangers after losing their most indispensable player | Dallas Morning News

This is a good article with a good graphic showing the structure of the elbow area and what this injury is and how it is treated. Cowlishaw also does a good job explaining why eh Rangers aren't going after Lee or Hamels.

It's unlikely -- more like preposterous -- to think that the Rangers response to devastating news will be to go invest $25 million for one year of Cliff Lee or nearly $100 million for four seasons of Cole Hamels.

You have to keep in mind that for the Rangers to contend this season -- and this is with Darvish -- they were counting on significant comebacks from Prince Fielder and Shin-Soo Choo, on 30 starts from Derek Holland who gave them six last year, on help from the rotation's 4-5 spots that seem suspect (Colby Lewis, Ross Detwiler), on returns to form from Neftali Feliz as a closer and Elvis Andrus as a shortstop who cares.

When you're dealt a blow of this magnitude, climbing into the top five in payroll with so many unanswered prayers on hand already is not the answer.

Call me crazy, but while Darvish's loss is incredibly devastating I would say Beltre is our most indispensable player.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MM always performs really well in spring training. I expect this spring to be no different. I wouldnt start evaluating the guy until the regular season, when teams are actually trying to win games. For all we know, the guy he homered off of will be bagging groceries in mid-April.

Jake Arrieta will not be bagging anyone's groceries anytime in the future.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Call me crazy, but while Darvish's loss is incredibly devastating I would say Beltre is our most indispensable player.
That would be a good debate.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's important to note that the call is ultimately Darvish's to make.

Very true. So I guess I'll be very disappointed in Darvish if he elects to take the rest approach. Thing is, it's a ligament, not a muscle. They don't heal the same way. I badly sprained the two major ligaments on the outside of my ankle as a kid, and to this day my ankles are still extremely unstable. With the stress Darvish puts on his arm, I just don't see any question what road he needs to take.

Windingmywatch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I think that points out Evan's limitations as a baseball writer. He is a lot better than Watkins, but sometimes his ideas just don't make much sense.

EG and Sherington have their heads in some fantasy league rather than the realities of MLB ownership and management thought process. Am sure you can debate it back and forth but I prefer FWST commentary over DMN.