• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2014 Offseason

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was just posting what the Boston Globe had to say. One problem is he is in the final year of his deal which is 10.2 mill so that could be an issue in just having him 1 year. But the guy is definitely an athlete. Speed, arm, and power.

I would have a few concerns about acquiring this guy.

First, is he a mental case? Second, I don't want to give up much for him - provided we determine # 1 is not a concern - for a one year year rental. I wouldn't give up next to nothing for 2015 only.

But, if JD & Co think he is not a mental risk, can get him to sign beyond 2015, then you're right, he's got a bunch of physical tools.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Instead of a younger Tomas? Still holding a little hope we sign him but budget probably won't allow it. Cespadas may be cheaper.

I completely forgot about Tomas. Have not heard much about him lately.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would have a few concerns about acquiring this guy.

First, is he a mental case? Second, I don't want to give up much for him - provided we determine # 1 is not a concern - for a one year year rental. I wouldn't give up next to nothing for 2015 only.

But, if JD & Co think he is not a mental risk, can get him to sign beyond 2015, then you're right, he's got a bunch of physical tools.

Right, the 1 year is my main concern.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. He should have been at least in the top 2. Come on, Derek Jeter was in the top 5! What a bunch of nonsense.

And the retirement blowjob continues.

This for the guy who the Yankees were seriously considering benching late in the season. Really? :L

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Donaldson-Everytime I see Clemente in your avatar I cannot help but think of that WS when the Pirates beat the Orioles. He was one of my favorite players of all time. I think McCutchen might be the closest thing in a Pirates uniform that could remind me of Clemente. Of course he is not Clemente but he is pretty good and plays hard.

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Calvin Watkins..
IF Outlook: Beltre (.324/.388/.492) was the MVP of the team but he can’t be expected to carry the team offensively again in 2015. He needs Fielder (42 games) to return from neck surgery and Andrus (career-low .314 OBP, major league leading 15 CS) to have a much better season. Odor is the favorite to take over the starting job at second, don’t count out Profar (shoulder) who is trying to recover from his injuries. Rua needs to find a home and will compete with Rosales as a utility man in 2015. It seems Rua (.740 OPS in 28 games) is a better hitter and that might give him an edge with new manager Jeff Banister wanting more power in the lineup. Moreland is in a similar situation as Fielder, a good power hitter, coming back from injury. If Moreland can produce, he becomes nice piece in the bottom of the lineup as a DH or first baseman.

This is where NightCrawler joins the conversation.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Donaldson-Everytime I see Clemente in your avatar I cannot help but think of that WS when the Pirates beat the Orioles. He was one of my favorite players of all time. I think McCutchen might be the closest thing in a Pirates uniform that could remind me of Clemente. Of course he is not Clemente but he is pretty good and plays hard.

Glad you have such wonderful memories of the great man, like I do. Seriously......:suds:

And I agree with ya on the McCutchen comparison. He's quite a player in his own right. It's high flattery to be compared or thought of with one of the games greatest ever.

I loved/respected Clemente; truly like/respect Mc.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Calvin Watkins..
IF Outlook: Beltre (.324/.388/.492) was the MVP of the team but he can’t be expected to carry the team offensively again in 2015. He needs Fielder (42 games) to return from neck surgery and Andrus (career-low .314 OBP, major league leading 15 CS) to have a much better season. Odor is the favorite to take over the starting job at second, don’t count out Profar (shoulder) who is trying to recover from his injuries. Rua needs to find a home and will compete with Rosales as a utility man in 2015. It seems Rua (.740 OPS in 28 games) is a better hitter and that might give him an edge with new manager Jeff Banister wanting more power in the lineup. Moreland is in a similar situation as Fielder, a good power hitter, coming back from injury. If Moreland can produce, he becomes nice piece in the bottom of the lineup as a DH or first baseman.

Touche sir!

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Calvin Watkins..

No more MM for the sake of Crawler and sanity.

Xx srs bsns xX

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,409.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bogar wont be back.....

Last edited by a moderator:

darrylgann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only natural for Tim to want to move on. Feeling as the no.2 guy would not bode well. Good luck Tim.
Shame. Truly. It would have been awkward. He would have been a good manager as well.

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Moreland is in a similar situation as Fielder, a good power hitter, coming back from injury. If Moreland can produce, he becomes nice piece in the bottom of the lineup as a DH or first baseman.[/B]

I'll admit..... I laughed. :suds:

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shame. Truly. It would have been awkward. He would have been a good manager as well.

Well said.

Wish him well in whatever endeavor he is presented with or chooses next.