• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2014 Offseason

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kind of like that dipshit Stephen A. Smith.

Stephen A Smith learned from his predecessors. Jim Rome was and is one of the best at that when he started. He loved being hated and he made lots of money off of it. Reminds me a lot of professional wrestling. Every wrestling troupe needs a few good villains.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was overseas for the most part from 2005-2011 and was surprised how much his demeanor had changed once I got back.

That's when his popularity grew as ESPN radio begin to take off in Dallas. He had a more national audience listening to him then, so he began to ham it up and get more outlandish. It's really crazy how much ESPN Radio grew during that time.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kind of like that dipshit Stephen A. Smith.

Smith chaps my ass for sure.

But he can't put on the socks of dipshitville compared to his counterpart, Skip Bayless.

I'd love to slap that sissy bitch in the face with a beer mug.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

But he can't put on the socks of dipshitville compared to his counterpart, Skip Bayless.

Slap him into next month and keep him there.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Skip doesn't bother me as much as he used to, but then again, I don't watch his show as much as I used to either. I ignore it these days, because they are both annoying.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Slap him into next month and keep him there.

I refuse to read anything he writes and never EVER watch their show on ESPN.

Do you remember when DFW had 3 newspapers? I know you do. But do you remember he was on board with the one which went out of business, and then got fired from the other two?

He also got canned from his morning radio gig - believe that was with a almost start-up KTCK - and started a rumor on this radio show that Troy Aikman was gay?

This guy is the definition of pond scum IMO.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bennie, I am afraid our old friend Larry from ESPN has gone the way of Randy Galloway and become illogical and emotional in everything he posts. From what you told me about him, I totally get it. I hope he gets to see the Rangers win one before his time is up. I hope we all have that joy.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I refuse to read anything he writes and never EVER watch their show on ESPN.

Do you remember when DFW had 3 newspapers? I know you do. But do you remember he was on board with the one which went out of business, and then got fired from the other two?

He also got canned from his morning radio gig - believe that was with a almost start-up KTCK - and started a rumor on this radio show that Troy Aikman was gay?

This guy is the definition of pond scum IMO.

I know rumors are lame, but I always heard Skip was run out of town for being gay himself. Not that I care either way that's his life, but it would explain a lot about how he just vanished from the DFW media-sphere.

saddles

Bring up Blaine Crim #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Randy is purposely forgetting that JD loved Wash nearly unconditionally and supported him fully. Wash was going to get an extension more than likely. JD didn't want him to leave anymore than Wash wanted to leave. So for Randy to act like he was brought in to be the Yes Man to a then 31 year old GM is revisionist history at best.

I agree completely. Randy turned against JD early on and never gave him a chance after that.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not enough face palms and head shaking....

another-triple-facepalm.jpg

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bennie, I am afraid our old friend Larry from ESPN has gone the way of Randy Galloway and become illogical and emotional in everything he posts. From what you told me about him, I totally get it. I hope he gets to see the Rangers win one before his time is up. I hope we all have that joy.

I like Larry, but I think he is off base with the Banister hire. He is guilty of believing what a member of the media is spouting. I have seen it go the other way as well. I have seen folks believe everything Evan Grant tells them and Evan's commentary is very homerish at times.

It seems like everyone on the local radio sports shows around here were Wash apologists. The vast majority of folks were still Wash fans just a few months ago simply because the guys in the media told them they should be. That is one area where Larry didn't listen to those in the media though. I will give him credit for that.

Yes, I would love to see them win next year for Larry.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Larry, but I think he is off base with the Banister hire. He is guilty of believing what a member of the media is spouting. I have seen it go the other way as well. I have seen folks believe everything Evan Grant tells them and Evan's commentary is very homerish at times.

It seems like everyone on the local radio sports shows around here were Wash apologists. The vast majority of folks were still Wash fans just a few months ago simply because the guys in the media told them they should be. That is one area where Larry didn't listen to those in the media though. I will give him credit for that.

Yes, I would love to see them win next year for Larry.

I like when Evan just presents us with good facts and no narrative. I like that about all writers. When Evan does that he is at his best. His piece after Banister about how Jeff will convey the use of certain alanytics to players was a good read for me.

If the Rangers didn't win 90 games or more 4 seasons in a row Wash would have faced a lot more criticism than he did. All that winning covered a lot of issues.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like when Evan just presents us with good facts and no narrative. I like that about all writers. When Evan does that he is at his best. His piece after Banister about how Jeff will convey the use of certain alanytics to players was a good read for me.

If the Rangers didn't win 90 games or more 4 seasons in a row Wash would have faced a lot more criticism than he did. All that winning covered a lot of issues.

There wasn't too much written negative about Wash before those seasons. Back then he was excused for what players he had around him. Once those players got to be great players he was given credit for them being great. The media around here has almost always overlooked Wash's faults and almost always praised him. They would briefly mention that maybe he wasn't the best game manager and then proceeded to tell us that that wasn't important though. I guess it does help them to do their job in the locker room.

I have been involved in a lot of question and answer sessions with Evan and he almost always tries to avoid answering the question if the straight up answer to the question being asked will put the Rangers in a bad light. He will switch and answer a question that I didn't ask. He almost never criticizes a move made by the Rangers. I do give Evan a lot of credit for having those sessions with the fans though.

I guess in baseball if you want to be able to get anything from the guys in the locker room you have to put a positive spin on everything. I know there is a big difference in the way this town's media handles the Cowboys and how they handle the Rangers.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SURPRISE, Ariz. – The fate of Rangers pitching coach Mike Maddux, whose contract expires within the next 10 days, and hitting instructor Dave Magadan should be determined within the week.

Magadan, who has a year remaining on his contract, will fly to Arizona on Wednesday to meet with new manager Jeff Banister. Maddux, who had a brief meeting with Banister last Friday in Texas, is expected to meet with him later this week as well.

“I just want him to be able to get with the guys and be able to make some decisions,” general manager Jon Daniels said Tuesday.

After determining that Tim Bogar would not return as bench coach, the Rangers are starting to put together a list for Banister’s chief bench confidante. Though the Rangers were very impressed with Cleveland bullpen coach Kevin Cash, who was a finalist for the managerial job, he will not be on the list. Cash agreed to a new contract to remain in Cleveland.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jamey Newberg mentioned the possibility this morning of the Rangers bringing in Russell Martin to catch.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jamey Newberg mentioned the possibility this morning of the Rangers bringing in Russell Martin to catch.

He's been mentioned with interest from half a dozen teams. Not surprisingly so.

Everyone should know, the Pirates are going to make him a qualifying offer so not only is he going to cost money and length of contract, but a draft pick too.

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Martin had a great year but I wouldn't say he's worth what he's about to get paid. He was decent in NY, but I imagine with all the interest he'll have he will probably get 18+ a year. We have Alfaro progressing. I'm not sure this is where I'd want us to allocate our funds.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's been mentioned with interest from half a dozen teams. Not surprisingly so.

Everyone should know, the Pirates are going to make him a qualifying offer so not only is he going to cost money and length of contract, but a draft pick too.
And we need to spend for pitching first.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And we need to spend for pitching first.

I agree.

Not that Russell Martin wouldn't make a terrific addition to our team. But I saw enough outta Chirinos last season to think I'd like to see 110 games or so worth of him next season.

My thinking last year was, 110+ with Soto and 50ish outta Chirinos. Next season IMO, we're looking for the guy who's gonna get the 50ish in 2015.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, Evan Grant stopped by LSB this morning and had a wonderful post that might address some of the things floating around as him being a mouth piece for the organization.

As for organizational collapse, I cited 2014 because of the overall record, nothing more. Yes, there were a number of injuries, but to blame the season entirely on injuries would be misguided. There were mistakes from the GM’s office down. And when you are broken down to the point the Rangers were at the major league level, it’s easy to once again start focusing on making the entire organizational "whole" again.

Does not sound like an organizational mouth piece or JD cheerleader.