• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2014 Offseason

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, Evan Grant stopped by LSB this morning and had a wonderful post that might address some of the things floating around as him being a mouth piece for the organization.

Does not sound like an organizational mouth piece or JD cheerleader.

Good. I like objective reporting. There was a time that even Team TV and Radio announcers could tell it like it is but that is becoming less and less. Nadel does not mind letting off some steam at times.

saddles

Bring up Blaine Crim #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, Evan Grant stopped by LSB this morning and had a wonderful post that might address some of the things floating around as him being a mouth piece for the organization.

Does not sound like an organizational mouth piece or JD cheerleader.

No, not in that quote he doesn't. I have heard him sound like that many times though in the past. Maybe he has seen something to make him change.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Grant re: Rangers potential off season moves:

On Wednesday, a day after going over his own overcrowded yet understaffed roster, he was at it again.

“It’s a priority,” Daniels said. (regarding pitching)

How could it not be?

Due to injuries, a lack of depth and overall poor performance, the Rangers used 15 starters in 2014 and ranked 14th in the AL in rotation ERA. The last time they met both those thresholds: 2007.
And you know how Daniels’ solved the problem that year? He traded arguably his top pitching prospect … for an outfielder.

You know, he might be on to something there.

In the previous instance, the Rangers found themselves unable to play on the big-dollar free-agent pitchers on the market and instead decided to take a chance on improving the club by swapping top prospect Edinson Volquez for Josh Hamilton, who at the time was a one-year wonder after battling back from substance-abuse issues. If memory serves, the deal worked out OK in the end for the Rangers.

A similar scenario presents itself this winter in the form of Colorado outfielder Carlos Gonzalez.

TxHeat

Hard Member!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know they won't compete in the top tier teams in terms of dollars, like NY, Boston, LA and the Angels, but they should be in the next tier and we shouldn't have to settle on seeing guys at the bottom of the rotation or at the end of the bench being signed every year. One good thing to come out of last season was a lot of young guys got playing time in Arlington that they most likely wouldn't have gotten, so hopefully the experience starts paying off next season.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Grant re: Rangers potential off season moves:

On Wednesday, a day after going over his own overcrowded yet understaffed roster, he was at it again.

“It’s a priority,” Daniels said. (regarding pitching)

How could it not be?

Due to injuries, a lack of depth and overall poor performance, the Rangers used 15 starters in 2014 and ranked 14th in the AL in rotation ERA. The last time they met both those thresholds: 2007.
And you know how Daniels’ solved the problem that year? He traded arguably his top pitching prospect … for an outfielder.

You know, he might be on to something there.

In the previous instance, the Rangers found themselves unable to play on the big-dollar free-agent pitchers on the market and instead decided to take a chance on improving the club by swapping top prospect Edinson Volquez for Josh Hamilton, who at the time was a one-year wonder after battling back from substance-abuse issues. If memory serves, the deal worked out OK in the end for the Rangers.

A similar scenario presents itself this winter in the form of Colorado outfielder Carlos Gonzalez.

Problem with CarGo is he cannot stay healthy. He played in just 70 games last year and 110 the year before and his contract is 16, 17 and 20 mill the next 3 seasons. If healthy he is a heck of an offensive player. But not sure i want anymore of these type issues after last year.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Problem with CarGo is he cannot stay healthy. He played in just 70 games last year and 110 the year before and his contract is 16, 17 and 20 mill the next 3 seasons. If healthy he is a heck of an offensive player. But not sure i want anymore of these type issues after last year.
Certainly not a deal we need. Health is first priority in player selection IMO.

ESPN Refugee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is Stanton still doable? I know Miami is probably wanting our left nut for him but the idea of him hitting at the ballpark 81 dates a year is arousing.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is Stanton still doable? I know Miami is probably wanting our left nut for him but the idea of him hitting at the ballpark 81 dates a year is arousing.

They are not going to let him go anywhere else and can you blame them.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They want to pay him like a billion dollars to stay a Marlin. I just hope he stays in the NL so I can love him from afar...I don't want to hate Stanton ever. Stay in the NL!!!!

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They want to pay him like a billion dollars to stay a Marlin. I just hope he stays in the NL so I can love him from afar...I don't want to hate Stanton ever. Stay in the NL!!!!

I have a feeling he's not going to sign an extension. I read that the Red Sox could be obtaining ML pieces to make a run at him. I wanted him 3 years ago when almost everyone said "he can't stay healthy, and no way to trading Profar+ for him". Over time more and more rumors came out and people seemed to change their minds. Profar not doing much in 2013 made it easier for some I'm sure.

Now it's too late. He would cost us almost every prospect that we all have on our do not trade list.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have a feeling he's not going to sign an extension. I read that the Red Sox could be obtaining ML pieces to make a run at him. I wanted him 3 years ago when almost everyone said "he can't stay healthy, and no way to trading Profar+ for him". Over time more and more rumors came out and people seemed to change their minds. Profar not doing much in 2013 made it easier for some I'm sure.

Now it's too late. He would cost us almost every prospect that we all have on our do not trade list.

I haven't, I still think he's going to continue have injury concerns throughout his career... 2 healthy seasons out of 4 doesn't change my mind about him in that regard

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He's their big connection to the Latin community in Miami. They better not let him go after the stunt they pulled with Jose Reyes or that community will get mutinous.

darrylgann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@susanslusser: Cross Dave Magadan off the #Athletics' hitting coach list, he says he is sticking with #Rangers.

For what it's worth.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@susanslusser: Cross Dave Magadan off the #Athletics' hitting coach list, he says he is sticking with #Rangers.

For what it's worth.
Not worth much.:L

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Banister's first bad decision IMO

How much of what we saw was Magadan, and how much was the players tuning Wash, and the entire coaching staff out? I'll give magadan a short leash.

saddles

Bring up Blaine Crim #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

For what it's worth.

That is unfortunate.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

For what it's worth.

LOL! Of course he is sticking with the Rangers. No one else wanted him that bad.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SURPRISE, Ariz. – Steve Buechele did not land the Rangers managerial job, but it is looking more and more like he will wind up in the dugout nonetheless.

Buechele, who spent last season as the manager of Triple-A Round Rock, has emerged as a leading contender to be the bench coach for new Rangers manager Jeff Banister.