• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2014 Offseason

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know, I actually said I was done, and one of you had to come at me insulting my intelligence. Then I leave and let the conversation go on, and another of you had to bring me back into it and tell me to "breathe" (hours later, mind you). You don't agree with my stance on Profar? Fine. No real way to bear any argument out until we see what happens in his career, so your bullshit opinions are no better or worse than my own bullshit opinions at this point.
The problem is, what is your stance on Profar? You said he was done. Is there anything else? Some simply don't agree.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know, I actually said I was done, and one of you had to come at me insulting my intelligence. Then I leave and let the conversation go on, and another of you had to bring me back into it and tell me to "breathe" (hours later, mind you). You don't agree with my stance on Profar? Fine. No real way to bear any argument out until we see what happens in his career, so your bullshit opinions are no better or worse than my own bullshit opinions at this point.

Might as well rekindle the argument, because the facts point to Profar missing most of 2015 either way. The muscle wasn't going to magically heal without surgery despite his wishes that it would. He's getting the surgery now that he already needed. Saying he's ipso facto done because of this goes well beyond knee jerk. It's foolish. 31 other teams would hope Texas just throws him on the trash pile to be claimed.

He might never pan out to be as good as his hype, but it won't be because he missed two seasons. Guys have come back from much worse circumstances and done pretty damn well for themselves. He's 22 tomorrow so I like his odds of being able to make a go of this before his service time runs out with the Rangers.

Happy Birthday Jurickson. You learned a valuable lesson. Have surgery when your doctors suggest it.

BULLPEN FAILURE

2023 World Series Champions
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The problem is, what is your stance on Profar? You said he was done. Is there anything else? Some simply don't agree.

No, that's it.

But name-calling and insulting my intelligence? Yeah, not real big on letting those go by.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, that's it.

But name-calling and insulting my intelligence? Yeah, not real big on letting those go by.

I called your baseball knowledge and your knowledge on anatomy and orthopedic conditions into question, which was clearly justified. I called you ignorant, not stupid. If you can't handle being called out when you make ignorant statements this probably isn't the place for you.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, that's it.

487b9f4004b9553d83bbd04dc9a0b4f1697aae12b15575c9b33a048bc2820ff6.jpg

BULLPEN FAILURE

2023 World Series Champions
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I called your baseball knowledge and your knowledge on anatomy and orthopedic conditions into question, which was clearly justified. I called you ignorant, not stupid. If you can't handle being called out when you make ignorant statements this probably isn't the place for you.

If you can't handle people letting you spout your bullshit without responding, I really don't care either way.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you can't handle people letting you spout your bullshit without responding, I really don't care either way.

This is so weak. You've yet actually respond to a single post of mine in this argument with any logical argument. Instead you keep coming with this childish shit. Log off and chill the fuck out. You're being petty, and dumbing down the board. Either start contributing something of value to this board again, or you won't be contributing anything much longer.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nobody questioned his intelligence, just his knowledge. There's a difference. He's trying to play the victim card.
He answered my question on Pro far. He said he was DONE. I'm out

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At this point he's playing the "I really don't care" card.

Really, you want me to quote how many times you've played that card in the last few pages?

I've not said anything of that nature. But keep posting your childish bull shit. See where that gets you.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hope I did neither.

Hell DT.....I told him to "breath" and it pissed him off. It was actually more of a suggestion than anything.

He's wearing his feelings awfully close to the surface today/tonight, it seems to me anyway.

I'm as hardheaded as anyone. But once I've stepped in my own, I normally attempt to back track, rather rapidly. Dependent on how many scotches I've served myself of course. haha

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hell DT.....I told him to "breath" and it pissed him off. It was actually more of a suggestion than anything.

He's wearing his feelings awfully close to the surface today/tonight, it seems to me anyway.

I'm as hardheaded as anyone. But once I've stepped in my own, I normally attempt to back track, rather rapidly. Dependent on how many scotches I've served myself of course. haha

I'm sure everyone's looking forward to some of my bourbon fueled posts towards the latter third of games again this season. :drink:

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I got ya. Remember, don't shit to close to the house less you track it in.

ESPN Refugee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm all for a little knee jerk and hell most die hard fans will do that from time to time but there's level of knee jerk and absurdity and saying Profar was done for good and that the Rangers should take their chances and he's left the organization in a holding pattern just had to be called out and he just backtracked.

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Holy shit! I can't believe how much drama went down today. Ephland every post about this particular topic is just going to add fuel to the fire and make it worse. I'd strongly advise you to cut your losses here.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you guys hear that the Rangers have signed Odor's brother and that both brothers have the same name ala George Foreman's sons.

I actually just saw this and was about to post something about it.