• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2014 Offseason

ESPN Refugee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder what Bogar is thinking. I know it's a business and all but still I really think he was hired last year as to be the next guy that was going to replace Wash. I know it's just a 22 game sample but the team look so damn good and rejuvenated when he was managing.

ESPN Refugee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Evan Grant on with Norm right now on The Ticket.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder what Bogar is thinking. I know it's a business and all but still I really think he was hired last year as to be the next guy that was going to replace Wash. I know it's just a 22 game sample but the team look so damn good and rejuvenated when he was managing.

Your right about how well the team looked in the small sample size.

But remember that JD said when he named Bogar as RW's replacement, that the W's would not be the determining factor in looking at the permanent position.

And I suspect the team had kind of tuned out Wash and everyone was responding better to a new voice.

If indeed Bannister is named, I will feel disappointed for Tim Bogar. He'll get his opportunity elsewhere and maybe next year. It just won't be with us.

Xx srs bsns xX

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,409.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pettis is gone.

Last edited by a moderator:

saddles

Bring up Blaine Crim #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was funny listening to Ian Fitzsimmons on ESPN radio say that it was "shocking!!!" that the Rangers didn't decide on Bogar. It wasn't shocking at all. Sometimes the media thinks they are a little more important than they are. Just because many in the media thought Bogar was a slam dunk they think it is shocking that he didn't get hired.

I hope Banister is the real deal. We could use a good manager. I hope he knows a good hitting coach and a good pitching coach if he doesn't keep Maddux.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only one way to find out. See how he does in ST. Give him a chance to earn the spot.

no argument if he blows us away in ST then maybe he deserves a roster spot but 28 games to me is too short a time frame to guarantee him a spot

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no argument if he blows us away in ST then maybe he deserves a roster spot but 28 games to me is too short a time frame to guarantee him a spot

He's been proving himself all through the minors, he looked great in the bigs. His power was starting to show up. And there's not really many better options out there for the money. At some point you have to give him a shot. Thank god Wash isn't here to fuck with his head. He'd have him hitting below the Mendoza line in no time.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Guarantee" means little. If he wins a spot, he has to keep it. If not, back to AAA and go from there. I think he will succeed.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's been proving himself all through the minors, he looked great in the bigs. His power was starting to show up. And there's not really many better options out there for the money. At some point you have to give him a shot. Thank god Wash isn't here to fuck with his head. He'd have him hitting below the Mendoza line in no time.

I agree. He has come up through the system having success and then when given a chance in the bigs last year he had success as well. I don't see what else he can do at AAA to prove he is ready.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Guarantee" means little. If he wins a spot, he has to keep it. If not, back to AAA and go from there. I think he will succeed.

Nobody is "guaranteeing" him anything. But allowing him the opportunity to continue to do what he did to end the season only makes sense. Keeping him off the roster makes no sense unless they acquire someone else. Either way, he needs to be playing every day.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nobody is "guaranteeing" him anything. But allowing him the opportunity to continue to do what he did to end the season only makes sense. Keeping him off the roster makes no sense unless they acquire someone else. Either way, he needs to be playing every day.
Responding to Scottie's term " guarantee". Means nada.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From the News re: the staff of Bannister's:

“It’s not a situation of Tim or anybody else losing it,’’ general manager Jon Daniels said. “It’s a situation where Jeff won the job.’’

Bogar was unavailable for comment. He can take solace in the knowledge this happened to Maddon in 1999.

The then-Anaheim Angels went 51-82 under manager Terry Collins and 19-10 with Maddon as the interim manager. The Angels selected Mike Scioscia as their next manager, and he kept Maddon as the bench coach for a six-year run that included a World Series championship in 2002.

Banister’s first order of business is to “get the major-league staff locked up,’’ Daniels said. Banister will meet with all members of the current staff to determine if they fit with what he wants on a staff. Daniels is open to Bogar returning.

There could be a spot for Cash, too. The Rangers want to surround the first-time manager with as many young and vibrant coaches as possible.

The open-door policy also applies to pitching coach Mike Maddux and Triple-A manager Steve Buechele, both of whom interviewed for the job.

Maddux, whose contract expires at the end of this month, wants to remain with the club. Daniels said the club sees Buechele as a valuable piece in the player-development operation or as “a potentially bigger asset.’’

Buechele and Bannister were teammates with Pittsburgh in 1991. Double-A pitching coach Jeff Andrews and Banister worked together in the Pirates minor-league system from 2003-07.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
texasrangers.com will carry the Jeff Banister news conference live at 11:00AM.

He is our 18th full time manager. How many of you can remember all 18 of them?

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
texasrangers.com will carry the Jeff Banister news conference live at 11:00AM.

He is our 18th full time manager. How many of you can remember all 18 of them?
Before we look them up or after? LOL

ESPN Refugee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Press conference will be on The Ticket as well.