• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2014 Offseason

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know the team has a lot of questions to answer, but for the last few years the offense has sucked and Moreland was given a starting role in the offense. He seemed to get the role because he's cheap ( not based on merit or actually earning it). The team used to have an exciting offense that made the Rest of MLB jealous. Am I a bad fan for wanting that? I personally think we have seen too much turn over in the lineup and we have been keeping the wrong guys ( Moreland, Soto " beginning of last year") in favor of letting the wrong guys go ( Napoli and Cruz in particular). The offense hasn't looked good since we were playing in St. Louis during the month of October. Moreland has been a constant the last few years since that time, he has never produced, carried his weight, satisfied the team's inflated expectations of him, and he's always been hurt. The only consistent thing he has done the last 3 years is send JD scrambling for a backup plan to cover his everyday spot in the lineup. I'm baffled that a Baseball executive of JDs caliber has allowed this scenario to play out year, after year, after year. If Mitch Moreland is on the team next year and has an everyday role, I will be baffled and start to rethink my high opinion of JD.
Moving on. You don't see the trees for the forest. We know about MM and don't need to be reminded . Much bigger issues of interest.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Found some DET fans on a website wanting to trade Ian. It seems his pop-ups piss them off too.

I posted an article a few weeks ago where a writer actually nicknamed him Mr Pop-up. His stats were pretty bad the last 2 months of the year.

saddles

Bring up Blaine Crim #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see nothing wrong with Mitch as a backup. He just doesn't need to be starting either at 1B or at DH. He does have a place on the bench of a contending team though.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I heard or read it a few times that the Rangers could always work out a deal to bring Rios back for a cheaper amount.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see nothing wrong with Mitch as a backup. He just doesn't need to be starting either at 1B or at DH. He does have a place on the bench of a contending team though.
Exactly how do you justify that. :L

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly how do you justify that. :L

His stats justify that. How many back up 1B in the league put up better numbers? He is also a good defensive 1B to put in late in the game. Do you want Prince playing 1B in the 9th in the postseason when we are up by 1 run? Not only that, but he can play RF when you need him to in a pinch.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you guys think we get a manager announced by Friday? Who will it be? I will go with Bogar announced this Friday.

darrylgann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you guys think we get a manager announced by Friday? Who will it be? I will go with Bogar announced this Friday.
Maybe sooner. This Pit bench coach has an outside chance.

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His stats justify that. How many back up 1B in the league put up better numbers? He is also a good defensive 1B to put in late in the game. Do you want Prince playing 1B in the 9th in the postseason when we are up by 1 run? Not only that, but he can play RF when you need him to in a pinch.

I'd rather that person be Rua. Rua played well at 1B too.

WilltheThrill

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd rather that person be Rua. Rua played well at 1B too.

Rua's definitely earned that spot in my eyes, small sample size and all.

I'd rather the Rangers wash away the stink of the first 90% of last season by cleaning house as much as possible. I break down the main players into 3 categories (not counting lesser guys like Mendez, Adduci, etc.):

I want gone: Moreland, Rios, Arencibia, Kirkman

Deserve at least one more season: Fielder, Choo, Andrus, Ross, Harrison (if possible), Ogando, Feliz, Lewis, Tepesch, Martinez, Choice

Roster locks: Beltre, Darvish, Holland, Perez, Odor, Profar, Chirinos, Rua, Smolinski, Scheppers, Martin

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Better numbers? You mean when he's not on the DL? Mitch has had every opportunity with the club and his time is up. Do not want Prince in a tight but rather have Rua and he can play RF as well as LF.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It would be interesting to see what effect Chili Davis could have on a team that isn't all loaded up on Bay Area vitamins.

Maybe he could take a bat and smack Magadan with it, because he sucks.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Better numbers? You mean when he's not on the DL? Mitch has had every opportunity with the club and his time is up. Do not want Prince in a tight but rather have Rua and he can play RF as well as LF.

I don't have a problem with Rua starting at 1B and Moreland being a backup. Rua needs to start somewhere.

Mitch has had enough opportunities to show that he can't be depended on to start. There would be nothing wrong with having him on the bench.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't have a problem with Rua starting at 1B and Moreland being a backup. Rua needs to start somewhere.

Mitch has had enough opportunities to show that he can't be depended on to start. There would be nothing wrong with having him on the bench.
What good is he on the bench? 247 ba 297 obp and being hurt all the time is not reliable. If Rua and Fielder can't manage then what good is MM? IMO and out.