• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2014 Offseason

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If others were agreeing with him I would tend to believe him, but Evan is very suspect in guessing when prospects will arrive. I believe I have recently shared my story of asking him about Moreland and how wrong he was about that. I have read a lot more reports like the following one.

Rangers' Alfaro is an elite catching prospect | MLB.com

Good article, and one I hope is 100% right on. But few things are 100% in life except death and taxes.

Seriously, I hope this young man is every bit the stud/leader we think he can be and soon for our Texas Rangers. It's just an article giving the other side of the coin, so-to-speak. Like the old saying, "hope for the best, plan for the worst" IMO.

saddles

Bring up Blaine Crim #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good article, and one I hope is 100% right on. But few things are 100% in life except death and taxes.

Seriously, I hope this young man is every bit the stud/leader we think he can be and soon for our Texas Rangers. It's just an article giving the other side of the coin, so-to-speak. Like the old saying, "hope for the best, plan for the worst" IMO.

Does that mean we have to plan for the return of Berkman, Kirkman and Wash? Maybe Oswalt as well. lol

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Detwiler ready to compete for fifth-starter spot | texasrangers.com

For some reason this article appears to be about almost everyone but Detwiler.

Many should be happy to hear that Mitch Moreland feels better than he has in a few years.

I did not like the fact that they were talking about Nick Martinez becoming a Scott Baker utility pitcher. I liked what I saw of him at the end of the year as the last month he had a 2.40 ERA. Sorry but I threw in some stats. Let him pitch at AAA to start the season if we have no place for him as a starter.

saddles

Bring up Blaine Crim #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I did not like the fact that they were talking about Nick Martinez becoming a Scott Baker utility pitcher. I liked what I saw of him at the end of the year as the last month he had a 2.40 ERA. Sorry but I threw in some stats. Let him pitch at AAA to start the season if we have no place for him as a starter.

Yes, that bothered me as well. Let's hope they have learned their lesson. He has a year less experience than Tepesch and appears to have more upside judging by how he progressed. If they wanta Scott Baker type then they should get Scott Baker.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does that mean we have to plan for the return of Berkman, Kirkman and Wash? Maybe Oswalt as well. lol

Com'on now Bennie.

HOWEVER.....you do know Michael Kirkman is still available don't ya? :pound:

One guy outta your list which was very disappointing for me, personally, was Oswalt. Until he got here and conducted himself the way he did, I really held him in pretty high steed.

Duane1952

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My apologies if my posts make less sense today than normal or if my grammar could be worse. Im a little loopy from the drugs from this morning. Had another back procedure today for my torn disc. Currently laid up trying to get my senses back, what little I got left. Wont keep me from rambling and spewing nonsense about baseball however. Bear with me gents, thanks.

Hang in there Murph. Had back issues in the past. Not fun to deal with.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

:10:......this young man showed as much fortitude as any young pitcher I've seen in a long time.

He knew he was over matched in every game he pitched here. But it honestly never seemed to get in his head. He seemed determined to get the most outta each and every opportunity, regardless of outcome. Absolutely loved his attitude.

Now, if his talent matches his attitude in future seasons, I don't know. I tend to go completely overboard with young guys with grit/determination/positive attitude, so I try to temper my enthusiasm. Mostly unsuccessfully I might add.

Xx srs bsns xX

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,409.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Darvish isnt going to be signing at FanFest... Bastard.

Anthony Andro ‏@aandro
(1) Rangers signing at Fan Fest...Alfaro, Andrus, Banister, Beltre, Chirinos, Choice, Choo, Detwiler, Edwards, Fielder, Gallardo, Gallo
(2) Gonzalez, Harrison, Holland, Klein, Lewis, Martinez, Moreland,Odor, Patton, Perez, Profar, Rodriguez, Ross, Jr., Scheppers, Smolinski
(3) Nick Tepesch, Jake Thompson, Shawn Tolleson, Tomas Telis.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:10:......this young man showed as much fortitude as any young pitcher I've seen in a long time.

He knew he was over matched in every game he pitched here. But it honestly never seemed to get in his head. He seemed determined to get the most outta each and every opportunity, regardless of outcome. Absolutely loved his attitude.

Now, if his talent matches his attitude in future seasons, I don't know. I tend to go completely overboard with young guys with grit/determination/positive attitude, so I try to temper my enthusiasm. Mostly unsuccessfully I might add.

Good points on his attitude. Never seemed to be overwhelmed. I sure hope we do not mess this guy up before he really gets more time to develop. The guy pitched only 41.2 innings of AA ball with 32 of that in 2013 before he was called up in 2014 after just 9 innings.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Anthony Andro ‏@aandro
(1) Rangers signing at Fan Fest...Alfaro, Andrus, Banister, Beltre, Chirinos, Choice, Choo, Detwiler, Edwards, Fielder, Gallardo, Gallo
(2) Gonzalez, Harrison, Holland, Klein, Lewis, Martinez, Moreland,Odor, Patton, Perez, Profar, Rodriguez, Ross, Jr., Scheppers, Smolinski
Any significant reason?

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry Murph. I also have severe back pain with no hope of getting help. Get better quick. Best wishes.

Sorry to hear of yours, Thanks DT

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have not been able to get that to work as well for a few days now.

I am also having issues after I post I am not being returned to the current page but all the way back to the beginning of the thread. Then I have to navigate back to the current page to see what I've just posted? I was looking for a way to adjust the settings, not sure how it happened or if I accidentally set it this way?

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good points on his attitude. Never seemed to be overwhelmed. I sure hope we do not mess this guy up before he really gets more time to develop. The guy pitched only 41.2 innings of AA ball with 32 of that in 2013 before he was called up in 2014 after just 9 innings.

Part of the reason I think it was such a huge signing of Gallardo.

We need to buy time for some of our young pitchers in the minors.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

On top of the fact he was a converted 2nd baseman

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Anthony Andro ‏@aandro

Was this a tweet from Andro? I cant find the listing anywhere else

That really sucks, and feels kinda shitty as a fan that this guy hasn't showed up for the Fans at this event. Thought there was a good chance he would show as they raised the price back to $500 this year. Glad most of the rest of the team is coming

Last edited by a moderator:

Windingmywatch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

The same thinking that has Nick Martinez becoming a UP is the thinking that had Profar as a 'super' UIF.