• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2014 Offseason

True Rangers Fan

2023 World Series Champions
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Darvish isnt going to be signing at FanFest... Bastard.

Anthony Andro ‏@aandro
(1) Rangers signing at Fan Fest...Alfaro, Andrus, Banister, Beltre, Chirinos, Choice, Choo, Detwiler, Edwards, Fielder, Gallardo, Gallo
(2) Gonzalez, Harrison, Holland, Klein, Lewis, Martinez, Moreland,Odor, Patton, Perez, Profar, Rodriguez, Ross, Jr., Scheppers, Smolinski
(3) Nick Tepesch, Jake Thompson, Shawn Tolleson, Tomas Telis.

31 guys?!? That right there is one impressive list. Extremely glad I got the fast pass. Very glad to see Gallardo there.

As for Darvish, I really can't slight the guy. I went to ST for a couple of days last year and he signed like a champ both days. Only player I saw that did that (most barely did 1).

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
31 guys?!? That right there is one impressive list. Extremely glad I got the fast pass. Very glad to see Gallardo there.

As for Darvish, I really can't slight the guy. I went to ST for a couple of days last year and he signed like a champ both days. Only player I saw that did that (most barely did 1).

Guess Ill have to go to ST to get Darvish, kinda stinks he hasn't signed at FF one year since he was signed here

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The same thinking that has Nick Martinez becoming a UP is the thinking that had Profar as a 'super' UIF.

That train of thought needs to have a train wreck, before it causes more train wrecks.

Ok exaggeration maybe but it seems to at least derail progress

Last edited by a moderator:

Xx srs bsns xX

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,409.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was this a tweet from Andro? I cant find the listing anywhere else

That really sucks, and feels kinda shitty as a fan that this guy hasn't showed up for the Fans at this event. Thought there was a good chance he would show as they raised the price back to $500 this year. Glad most of the rest of the team is coming

Yeah it was from andro...TR Sullivan has it up too.

Disappointed w/ Darvish... he's supposed to be at the awards banquet the night prior....so there's really no reason NOT to be there. Its only an hour for the fans.... geez.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah it was from andro...TR Sullivan has it up too.

Disappointed w/ Darvish... he's supposed to be at the awards banquet the night prior....so there's really no reason NOT to be there. Its only an hour for the fans.... geez.

Thanks Xx

I guess I will reserve judgment on Darvish as Andro posted he couldn't make it, and if we hear why he couldnt be there?

saddles

Bring up Blaine Crim #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Rangers have Yu Darvish, Derek Holland, Colby Lewis, newly acquired Yovani Gallardo and we thought Ross Detwiler, whom the Rangers acquired in a trade last month, ready to start.

Maddux said not so fast.

“I would have to say there’s definitely a spot open and the more guys you have competing for that, I think that improves the depth in the organization,” he said. “But who’s to say that one of those guys might not make the ball club in a different role. Then, as the season rolls on, you're gonna need a spot start here and there, that’s inevitable. Sometimes those guys get an opportunity like that, ‘Hey we got to see that again.’ Next thing you know, you got six pretty good starters on your hands and you don’t have enough room for them, but that’s a good problem to have.”

http://espn.go.com/blog/dallas/texa...rs-with-a-spot-open-in-starting-rotation#more

Windingmywatch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I am also having issues after I post I am not being returned to the current page but all the way back to the beginning of the thread. Then I have to navigate back to the current page to see what I've just posted? I was looking for a way to adjust the settings, not sure how it happened or if I accidentally set it this way?

After your post appears ... just click on the blue arrow icon following the name of whose post you are replying to and it will take you back to his post where you left off.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After your post appears ... just click on the blue arrow icon following the name of whose post you are replying to and it will take you back to his post where you left off.

Thanks Winding

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just trying to make sure guys remain competitive and no one gets complacent at the same time

While that is true and as much as I love Colby I wish that was also true in his case. We really do not know what we are going to get as far as results go with Colby. We know the competitive fire will be there but that does not always equate in good results. I mean ERA was 5.18 and we say he pitched well at the end but even at the end it was 3.81 and some complain about Teps with that ERA for the entire season.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:10:......this young man showed as much fortitude as any young pitcher I've seen in a long time.

He knew he was over matched in every game he pitched here. But it honestly never seemed to get in his head. He seemed determined to get the most outta each and every opportunity, regardless of outcome. Absolutely loved his attitude.

Now, if his talent matches his attitude in future seasons, I don't know. I tend to go completely overboard with young guys with grit/determination/positive attitude, so I try to temper my enthusiasm. Mostly unsuccessfully I might add.

and that's the way i look at both Martinez and Tepesch. last season they were over matched in every game they went into. they need to be at AAA working on pitches and location and then bring it to the Majors

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and that's the way i look at both Martinez and Tepesch. last season they were over matched in every game they went into. they need to be at AAA working on pitches and location and then bring it to the Majors

Here's an article about our move with Houston. But at the end of it they talk about Tepesch too. See what you think?

Frankly, as far as the catching move is concerned, I'm not wild about it. For me, I'd much rather keep a young arm, and invest in a more proven - although not glamorous - FA like Soto.

If we really feel like Alfaro is our long term solution at catcher, and Chirinos would be a terrific tandem with him, then why invest in a unproven catcher now?

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's an article about our move with Houston. But at the end of it they talk about Tepesch too. See what you think?

Frankly, as far as the catching move is concerned, I'm not wild about it. For me, I'd much rather keep a young arm, and invest in a more proven - although not glamorous - FA like Soto.

If we really feel like Alfaro is our long term solution at catcher, and Chirinos would be a terrific tandem with him, then why invest in a young but unproven catcher now?

I think you forgot the article but I can definitely agree with the logic in going after a FA like Soto rather than trading for a catcher that you may keep for a short time. On the article if it is the one I think it is they were talking about how much better Teps was looking as he had changed his delivery and his changeup was looking good.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you forgot the article but I can definitely agree with the logic in going after a FA like Soto rather than trading for a catcher that you may keep for a short time. On the article if it is the one I think it is they were talking about how much better Teps was looking as he had changed his delivery and his changeup was looking good.

Oops.....sorry and thanks.

Rangers gave up promising talent in deal for backup catcher Carlos Corporan | Dallas Morning News

And to make matters worse on that catching trade, the guy from Houston is 31 years old.

Yes this is what it's about. I hope this isn't redundant information.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know what's going on with this site now.

I went back and edited my post, and it updated. But then both post - the original & updated one - both are posted. Defeats the purpose of editing.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I went back and edited my post, and it updated. But then both post - the original & updated one - both are posted. Defeats the purpose of editing.

I am only seeing the original one. But the site has been acting weird as I lost the ability to multi quote for some reason a few days ago.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am only seeing the original one. But the site has been acting weird as I lost the ability to multi quote for some reason a few days ago.

That's funny you should mention the multi quote problem b/c I'd given up on even trying.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Testing. Plz ignore. Didn't work