• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2014 Offseason

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Nationals have agreed to sign top starting pitcher Max Scherzer to a seven-year deal, CBS Sports’ Jon Heyman tweets. The amount of the deal is not yet known, but the contract will carry through 2020, which will be Scherzer’s age-36 season. Scherzer is represented by Scott Boras. On Sunday, Heyman reported that the Nationals and another team were talking with Boras about seven-year deals for Scherzer, with the Washington Post’s Adam Kilgore later reporting that the two sides were close to a deal

Scherzer, Strasburg, Zimmerman, Gio Gonzalez and Fister is a pretty formidable starting 5

More than just formidable. Lol nationals gm is a great gm

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rangers deal for Yovani Gallardo is going to happen. This is great news, right?

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rangers deal for Yovani Gallardo is going to happen. This is great news, right?

Definitely needed an arm to slot in the 3rd starting spot, this should fit well and depending on what was given up, should be looked at as a nice move by JD.

There was no need to go out and try to get a torp guy with so many question marks still unanswered this season

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now about that hole at 2B, and injury/holes issues at 1B and RF

I'm sure trading a pitcher will go a long way to helping

Maybe JD can help?

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Definitely needed an arm to slot in the 3rd starting spot, this should fit well and depending on what was given up, should be looked at as a nice move by JD.

There was no need to go out and try to get a torp guy with so many question marks still unanswered this season

Yeah, I saw some of the concern about losing Odor, if that's the case, but you have to give up quality to receive it IMO. I think Odor is a little stud, but wouldn't this free up a spot for Profar while getting a quality 3rd starter? I'd think it's fair value, and anything less than Odor would be sweet

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Darvish, Holland, Gallrdo, Detweiler, Lewis with Tepesch/Martinez/LuJax/Gonzalez/Bonilla ready to step up in case of injury (assuming none of those are traded), not to mention Perez coming back probably sometime in the 2nd half

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I saw some of the concern about losing Odor, if that's the case, but you have to give up quality to receive it IMO. I think Odor is a little stud, but wouldn't this free up a spot for Profar while getting a quality 3rd starter? I'd think it's fair value, and anything less than Odor would be sweet

Odor makes it a bad trade IMO, we have other quality players to give up without giving up Odor

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Darvish, Holland, Gallrdo, Detweiler, Lewis with Tepesch/Martinez/LuJax/Gonzalez/Bonilla ready to step up in case of injury (assuming none of those are traded), not to mention Perez coming back probably sometime in the 2nd half

The pitching situation is looking better, but what are they gonna do about the lineup? Run a bunch of youngsters out there? What are we looking at right now?

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't see Odor being moved in this one, but it's always a possibility. I want to keep Rua as well, but your right someone or someone's will have to go to get the return

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Zimmerman for Odor I would do, but not Odor for Gallardo

Probably would make that move, but would sure want to extend Zimmerman if at all possible if I did

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The pitching situation is looking better, but what are they gonna do about the lineup? Run a bunch of youngsters out there? What are we looking at right now?

C- Chirinos
1B- Fielder
2B- Odor
3B- Beltre
SS- Andrus
OF- Martin, Choo, with Choice, Smolinski, Rua fighting for ABs in LF
DH- Rotational, best non position regular getting the ABs, with Moreland, at this point, getting some ABs as well, just depends on who emerges out of ST

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see Odor being moved in this one, but it's always a possibility. I want to keep Rua as well, but your right someone or someone's will have to go to get the return

I think you are right, from everything I've heard, if the Rangers were willing to deal Odor they could probably land an even bigger name pitcher than Gallardo

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you are right, from everything I've heard, if the Rangers were willing to deal Odor they could probably land an even bigger name pitcher than Gallardo

Exactly Odor for Gallardo is a bad trade, Zimmerman is a different story

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probably would make that move, but would sure want to extend Zimmerman if at all possible if I did

I'd think JD still has a sour taste about not being able to resign Cliff Lee. I'm betting when they made that deal, they felt good about their chances to resign him. Zimmerman extended would be incredible beside Yu