• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2014 Offseason

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
good question. i'm thinking spot starter with him mostly going as long relief

I don't know why you would use that spot with a LHP. They have a lot more use than being an emergency arm.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I always thought he was underutilized in Washington, I think he'll be able to lock up one of those BOTR spots

Darvish
Holland
????
Lewis
Detweiler

Still need a #3.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would rather test the waters and see what Rua and Ski can do as cof's than invest millions on a rental that may or may not have a good year. Can always pick up someone at the trade dead line if they don't work out and in the mean while stay after pitching. Bottom line............. agree with ya.

other than thru trade and there isn't anyone out there in FA that grabs me so it looks like it will be Rua or Ski unless Choice finally grows a pair and wins the LF role.

as far as starting pitchers there's not much left trade wise and no one here wants Shields so i guess we go with Yu, Holland, Lewis and hope that Tepesch and someone has grown into major league pitchers this off-season. maybe Thompson or Chi Chi will make t jump

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
other than thru trade and there isn't anyone out there in FA that grabs me so it looks like it will be Rua or Ski unless Choice finally grows a pair and wins the LF role.

as far as starting pitchers there's not much left trade wise and no one here wants Shields so i guess we go with Yu, Holland, Lewis and hope that Tepesch and someone has grown into major league pitchers this off-season. maybe Thompson or Chi Chi will make t jump

Doubtful on Thompson or Chi Chi IMO. We don't really have any idea what's out there either. All kinds of time to trade for a #3.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I always thought he was underutilized in Washington, I think he'll be able to lock up one of those BOTR spots

He has Neal Cotts range velocity and features his fastball and sinker. I like those ground ball producing lefty starters.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know why you would use that spot with a LHP. They have a lot more use than being an emergency arm.

because i think he will open the season in the pen and that unless something drastic happens between now and opening day that our 4th and 5th starters will be Tepesch and one from Jackson, Thompson or Chi Chi and that Detwiler will step into a spot start occasionally to give them a rest

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man Alive....listening to the opening segment of Cowlishaw's show and you'd think the Rangers have fallen over dead, and already buried.

As Aaron Rodgers said, R-E-L-A-X guys.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not a bad deal then. We got Bostick for trading Gentry last year.

Last edited by a moderator:

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man Alive....listening to the opening segment of Cowlishaw's show and you'd think the Rangers have fallen over dead, and already buried.

Cowlishaw is almost as bad as Watkins.

ESPN Refugee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our "budget" is a joke. We are the 4th largest market in the US and until last year our fans had been attending games in record numbers. Yet we spend like a mid-market team.

Let me be clear. I am not in favor of spending like drunken fools like the Dodgers, Yankees, and Angels do. Spending big doesn't guarantee wins. In fact, it often does the exact opposite. But this notion that we don't chase certain signings or trades that would definitely make the team better because we are "limited by budget" is ridiculous. Our ownership, combined with the recent fan support and huge tv deal, could certainly afford a higher payroll.

The budget if flexible and I think it should be that way. This isn't to say they won't spend money but it has to be the right deal and just make sense. You can make moves for 2015 that might make your marginally better but if it then hinders 2016 and beyond then it's just not worth it. Especially for this team that had so many injuries that I think the organization is more than content on waiting to see what happens without making blockbuster trades unless the right move comes along where the Rangers can benefit from the fruits of it for several years.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't plan on Perez contributing this year.

He will be ready to roll late summer. Has more to do with getting him ready for 2016 than it does him contributing in 2015. He needs the kind of work Derek got last year.

ESPN Refugee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If this the team they are going to roll out then it should be easy to get good seats all season

I just don't see all the doom and gloom that you always seem to see. I get it you're a passionate fan and don't want the 'old Rangers' to ever come back but this organization is just fine. In JD and clan I trust until proven otherwise.

ESPN Refugee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This from MLB Trade Rumors:

Starting pitching is still the Rangers’ top priority, Daniels said, and while they likely won’t make a splash for someone like Shields, the club is keeping its payroll options open for future moves. “One of the reasons we haven’t acted on other stuff is that we want to make sure we have resources to act on pitching. We’ve elected to not spend dollars elsewhere,” Daniels said.

Right on JD.

Pretty much what I've thought all along. Making moves for the sake of it will cripple this organization for years to come. This organization is fine and doing things the right way.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

People take that guy seriously? I only ever read him to laugh at how out of touch he is with DFW sports.