• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2014 Offseason

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe, but Round Rock and Frisco will be rocking. ;)

Enjoy Round Rock while you can Texans. I have a feeling they will revert back to Houston when the agreement is up and Texas will be in need of a new AAA locale.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Enjoy Round Rock while you can Texans. I have a feeling they will revert back to Houston when the agreement is up and Texas will be in need of a new AAA locale.

Wish they'd come back to okc.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stop pouting. It's getting annoying.

Wasn't there are some games I want to go to and just pointing out it should be easier to get seats. Yes I don't care one bit for the inactivity but it doesn't mean I'll stop going. I've been going to a certain number of games every year since the very 1st game played here why should I stop?

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This from MLB Trade Rumors:

Starting pitching is still the Rangers’ top priority, Daniels said, and while they likely won’t make a splash for someone like Shields, the club is keeping its payroll options open for future moves. “One of the reasons we haven’t acted on other stuff is that we want to make sure we have resources to act on pitching. We’ve elected to not spend dollars elsewhere,” Daniels said.

Right on JD.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This from MLB Trade Rumors:

Starting pitching is still the Rangers’ top priority, Daniels said, and while they likely won’t make a splash for someone like Shields, the club is keeping its payroll options open for future moves. “One of the reasons we haven’t acted on other stuff is that we want to make sure we have resources to act on pitching. We’ve elected to not spend dollars elsewhere,” Daniels said.

Right on JD.

I'm pretty sure we only get shields if we have a trade to clear salary, no?

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm pretty sure we only get shields if we have a trade to clear salary, no?

Personally, I'd be shocked and somewhat disappointed if we went all in to get Shields.

He's a good pitcher. But I wouldn't commit what I think he's going to get, in order to obtain him.

I've said this before, let's play our cards very close-to-the-vest and see what shakes out.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Personally, I'd be shocked and somewhat disappointed if we went all in to get Shields.

He's a good pitcher. But I wouldn't commit what I think he's going to get, in order to obtain him.

I've said this before, let's play our cards very close-to-the-vest and see what shakes out.

Agree. I like shields, but not for what it will take to get him as a FA.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is what I found.

The Rangers have agreed to acquire lefty Ross Detwiler from the Nationals, Jeff Passan of Yahoo Sports reports on Twitter. Two minor league players — one infielder and one reliever — are headed back to Washington in the deal.
Detwiler, a former first-round pick, enters his age-29 season after a somewhat disappointing 2014 campaign. Working from the pen, Detwiler threw 63 innings of 4.00 ERA ball with 5.6 K/9 against 3.0 BB/9.
Previously, Detwiler had established himself as a fairly solid starter: he carried a 3.46 ERA over 301 2/3 frames from 2011-13, most of it working from the rotation. But the Nats shifted him to the pen given the team’s stacked rotation and the possibility that his stuff would play up in that role.
The southpaw comes with just one year of control — at a projected $3.3MM price tag — but will provide Texas with a rotation option or possible swingman piece. While it would probably be a stretch to say he has much upside at this stage of his career, Detwiler could still deliver plenty of value for the Rangers.

Last edited by a moderator:

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I would rather test the waters and see what Rua and Ski can do as cof's than invest millions on a rental that may or may not have a good year. Can always pick up someone at the trade dead line if they don't work out and in the mean while stay after pitching. Bottom line............. agree with ya.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Question is, are the Rangers thinking starter or reliever for him?

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sound like he will be a BP arm or maybe they got him to trade to another team for a better piece.