• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2014 Offseason

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Odd I remember a 5 year stretch between them winning divisions...

Yeah they hit a rough patch for a while. I may be wrong but I believe they are headed for another one.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah they hit a rough patch for a while. I may be wrong but I believe they are headed for another one.

Next will likely be the Shark or Kazmir trade. Reddick and Crisp could be part of the fire sale as well. Which leads me to wonder why they signed Butler in the first place. I don't see how 10M for what Butler offers is a better deal than 7M for what Moss offers. Especially considering Moss is left handed and there are more RHPs in the league. Really is confusing.

Xx srs bsns xX

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,409.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Last edited by a moderator:

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Next will likely be the Shark or Kazmir trade. Reddick and Crisp could be part of the fire sale as well. Which leads me to wonder why they signed Butler in the first place. I don't see how 10M for what Butler offers is a better deal than 7M for what Moss offers. Especially considering Moss is left handed and there are more RHPs in the league. Really is confusing.

Agree with you 100 % on that. Its like they were getting ready to improve their team for the next season then changed their mind.

saddles

Bring up Blaine Crim #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They are probably gambling on Butler to rebound so they can flip him at some point.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This might be a part of the reason Beane parted with Moss.

He is an accomplished power bat, with a 135 OPS+ and 76 home runs over the last three years.
But those figures have trended downward in each successive campaign. Then there is the fact that Moss’s value is limited by his poor defense in the outfield. Most worryingly of all, he has dealt with a significant hip issue that required offseason surgery.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This might be a part of the reason Beane parted with Moss.

He traded Brandon Moss for a guy who figures to be Donnie Murphy.

A minor league player who debuted at 24 in AA. Joey Wendle is nothing special. Moss still has value vs RHP. Beane is being a tight ass on one of his best value players. Makes no sense. If Wendle is the best you can get for Moss, then you keep Moss.

darrylgann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Joelsherman1: #Padres would like Jurickson Profar -new GM Preller signed for Tex- but as much as #Rangers want SP Kennedy/Ross/Cashner doesn't get done

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Rangers are fielding strong interest in their middle infield group, tweets T.R. Sullivan of MLB.com. Jurickson Profar is among the names that has been asked about, and Texas has received particularly strong interest in Rougned Odor.The Rangers are not shopping Odor, who is still only 20 years of age and had a solid MLB debut last year. That pair of youngsters is joined in the Texas infield by incumbent shortstop Elvis Andrus and 21-year-old Luis Sardinas. The potential logjam up the middle has yet to materialize with Profar’s recent injury troubles, though the team could feel free to deal from depth depending upon his progress.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like I said before, I view the "lack of resources" as a smoke screen. Until the off - season is over i think anything is possible

He was pretty clear about reources to pull both off in a way that makes any sense, yeah we could trade Gallo and Alfaro to acquire both but that wouldn't make ANY sense

WITHOUT gutting the system is the key, he wasn't talking about money resources

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Zim is signed through 2015 and the Nats are far apart on what he wants long term. It would be steep. Lets say Zim were willing to sign long term with Texas if the deal were made....would you be willing to give up Gallo and Alfaro to get him? On the flip, if the Rangers get their injured players back, I think it would instantly make them the best team in the West

No not a chance, maybe one but certainly not both

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was pretty clear about reources to pull both off in a way that makes any sense, yeah we could trade Gallo and Alfaro to acquire both but that wouldn't make ANY sense

WITHOUT gutting the system is the key, he wasn't talking about money resources

sorry i read it as a money reference still seems like it is.

darrylgann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Rangers are fielding strong interest in their middle infield group, tweets T.R. Sullivan of MLB.com. Jurickson Profar is among the names that has been asked about, and Texas has received particularly strong interest in Rougned Odor.The Rangers are not shopping Odor, who is still only 20 years of age and had a solid MLB debut last year. That pair of youngsters is joined in the Texas infield by incumbent shortstop Elvis Andrus and 21-year-old Luis Sardinas. The potential logjam up the middle has yet to materialize with Profar’s recent injury troubles, though the team could feel free to deal from depth depending upon his progress.
Afraid it's going to take a Profar or Odor to get Ross or Cashner. Not sure there's going to be a way around it. AJ knows our infielders.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does Jackson, Asher, Eickhoff, Sardinas and Brinson land us Ross?

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Atlanta is fielding interest on Upton from the Orioles, Rangers, and Padres, Bowman reports (Twitter links).

When the Royals asked about Gattis several weeks back, the Braves asked for young righty Yordano Ventura in return. Needless to say, that seems to have been a non-starter.

Yeah Braves asked for Ventura in return for Gattis, now that seems a little of a stretch now doesn't it Atlanta?

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
These notes from Newberg this afternoon.

"According to multiple local reports, Texas is interested in bringing righthander Scott Baker back on a non-roster deal but recognize that he’s first surveying the market in search of a guaranteed big league deal.
Calvin Watkins (ESPN Dallas) notes that the Rangers are also waiting to see whether lefthander Neal Cotts comes back to them after testing the open market."