• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2014 Offseason

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't like that dickhead either, and I did the same towards the end. I just ignored him.

I just laughed when others argued with him, because I knew I wasn't the only one that couldn't stand his ass.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds about right. He never did understand the saying about when you find yourself constantly running into assholes all all the time you should look in the mirror, because you're probably the asshole.

I remember a few of the posters on the Cowboys board complaining about how slow it had gotten over there after he and another poster were banned. I think Hammer was the one that ousted him after a bunch of bickering on that board all the time. He just always found a way to argue with someone for the sake of arguing, just to be a condescending jerk. I have received 6 thumbs down in almost 5k posts and I am pretty sure 5 were from that guy.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember a few of the posters on the Cowboys board complaining about how slow it had gotten over there after he and another poster were banned. I think Hammer was the one that ousted him after a bunch of bickering on that board all the time. He just always found a way to argue with someone for the sake of arguing, just to be a condescending jerk. I have received 6 thumbs down in almost 5k posts and I am pretty sure 5 were from that guy.

Guy had a major inferiority complex about post counts. He used to always make some comment about the fact that I had 25k+ posts doesn't make my opinion more valid than his. Thing is, I've never once brought up my post count to anybody.

saddles

Bring up Blaine Crim #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not sure how I would rank these, but I believe the best offseasons that I can remember being the most excited about were the following. The year we acquired Julio Franco and Raffy. The year we signed ARod. The year we signed Nolan. The year we got Raffy the second time. The year we traded for Al Oliver and Jon Matlack in a 4 team trade. Other exciting acquisitions of note were Bell, Beltre, Darvish, Rogers and Zisk.

I wonder how long it will be before this team can make a splash as big as those were. I really, really miss those days.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not sure how I would rank these, but I believe the best offseasons that I can remember being the most excited about were the following. The year we acquired Julio Franco and Raffy. The year we signed ARod. The year we signed Nolan. The year we got Raffy the second time. The year we traded for Al Oliver and Jon Matlack in a 4 team trade. Other exciting acquisitions of note were Bell, Beltre, Darvish, Rogers and Zisk.

I wonder how long it will be before this team can make a splash as big as those were. I really, really miss those days.

I want more moves that don't look so shiny and awesome, but actually end up being quite valuable.

The Napoli trade is one of my all time favorite. I hope we see some more of those trades that turn out to be awesome in retrospect.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want more moves that don't look so shiny and awesome, but actually end up being quite valuable.

The Napoli trade is one of my all time favorite. I hope we see some more of those trades that turn out to be awesome in retrospect.

The Napoli trade, and the Vlad signing are two that jump out at me.

saddles

Bring up Blaine Crim #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That was definitely a great trade. A few of the ones I mentioned were in that category. I don't think many actually realized just how great Julio and Raffy were going to work out. The Buddy Bell acquisition gave us back more than some thought. The Hamilton trade worked out pretty good also.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was definitely a great trade. A few of the ones I mentioned were in that category. I don't think many actually realized just how great Julio and Raffy were going to work out. The Buddy Bell acquisition gave us back more than some thought. The Hamilton trade worked out pretty good also.

Trading Eric Gagne for anything was awesome, but who knew David Murphy would ever play well?

darrylgann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@JonHeymanCBS: sources: jason hammel is close to a deal to return to the chicago cubs

Xx srs bsns xX

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,409.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
think we might see both

I dont think the Rangers have the resources to pull off both. At least w/o gutting the system.

As for Cashner - I like him.... but his home/away splits have me worried.

ESPN Refugee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Last edited by a moderator:

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont think the Rangers have the resources to pull off both. At least w/o gutting the system.

As for Cashner - I like him.... but his home/away splits have me worried.

Like I said before, I view the "lack of resources" as a smoke screen. Until the off - season is over i think anything is possible