• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2014 Offseason

darrylgann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Urgh!

Bob Nightengale@BNightengale [ame="[MEDIA=twitter]540213352392568834[/MEDIA]"]4m4 minutes ago[/ame]
The #Rangers are now exploring the possibility of pursuing free-agent OF Michael Morse now that Torii Hunter has signed with the #Twins.

Last edited by a moderator:

WilltheThrill

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Urgh!

Bob Nightengale@BNightengale 4m4 minutes ago
The #Rangers are now exploring the possibility of pursuing free-agent OF Michael Morse now that Torii Hunter has signed with the #Twins.

I know we are in need of some power, but do we really need to bring in a very awkward and injury-prone Neanderthal who can't field his position to save his life? Watching Michael Morse play in the field is as painful as watching Bengie Molina running the bases used to be.

Please no.

Last edited by a moderator:

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know we are in need of some power, but do we really need to bring in a very awkward and injury-prone Neanderthal who can't field his position to save his life? Watching Michael Morse play in the field is as painful as watching Bengie Molina running the bases used to be.

Please no.

They might be thinking DH.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Please no.
That question belongs to JD.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Please no.

:lol: It is so funny because it is true.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
according to MLB Trade Rumors, Dodgers are looking hard at signing Ogando

WilltheThrill

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Moreland Fielder Choo will probably dh. How many more do we need? If they keep Rua, he too will possibly dh.

Exactly. Why would we want to sign a guy who is such a liability in the field that he is strictly a DH? If he could hit like Big Papi, then yeah. But he's just a very average hitter- good to very good power but just an ok contact hitter. I'd rather roll with the Fielder-Moreland-Rua-Smolinski-any other roster player rotation than spend millions to sign such a one-trick pony (and a gimp one at that).

Michael Morse injured himself in batting practice and missed a month. No, no, and no.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Buster Olney ranked his top 10 pitchers, and Darvish was first up in the honorable mention category.

Here's the blurb on Yu.

Honorable mention: Where do we start? Here are a handful of pitchers I considered:

Yu Darvish, Texas Rangers: In 2013, he struck out 277 batters, and in 144 2/3 innings in 2014, he whiffed 182. His injury issues limited him to just 22 starts this season -- really, some of his absence was a case of the Rangers wanting to save bullets in a lost season -- so I'm taking that diminished workload as an easy out, but I'm not feeling good about it.

WilltheThrill

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Buster Olney ranked his top 10 pitchers, and Darvish was first up in the honorable mention category.

Here's the blurb on Yu.

Honorable mention: Where do we start? Here are a handful of pitchers I considered:

Yu Darvish, Texas Rangers: In 2013, he struck out 277 batters, and in 144 2/3 innings in 2014, he whiffed 182. His injury issues limited him to just 22 starts this season -- really, some of his absence was a case of the Rangers wanting to save bullets in a lost season -- so I'm taking that diminished workload as an easy out, but I'm not feeling good about it.

He had Corey Kluber in his top 10. I know he had an outstanding 2014 and won the Cy Young, but I would still much rather have Yu since he's put up great numbers for multiple seasons. I don't know how you can say that Kluber is a better pitcher than David Price, Cole Hamels, Yu Darvish, Masahiro Tanaka, and Jose Fernandez based on one year of stats.

Also, Johnny Cueto is not the 5th best pitcher in all of baseball. He is not a better pitcher than Adam Wainwright.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That has been my whole issue as well with signing a guy who is below average in the field and your best hope with his is as a DH. We have too many who will need to DH from time to time depending on health.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That has been my whole issue as well with signing a guy who is below average in the field and your best hope with his is as a DH. We have too many who will need to DH from time to time depending on health.

Agreed.....And we haven't even discussed the possibility that Fielder may "have to be" a full time DH soon.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He had Corey Kluber in his top 10. I know he had an outstanding 2014 and won the Cy Young, but I would still much rather have Yu since he's put up great numbers for multiple seasons. I don't know how you can say that Kluber is a better pitcher than David Price, Cole Hamels, Yu Darvish, Masahiro Tanaka, and Jose Fernandez based on one year of stats.

Also, Johnny Cueto is not the 5th best pitcher in all of baseball. He is not a better pitcher than Adam Wainwright.

Fernandez, when healthy, has got to be in the top 10. But I think Olney took into consideration injuries. He admitted it about Yu.

I agree totally on Wainwright.

From reading the entire article, I kind of got the feeling he was taking the past, present and future approach to his rankings.