• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2014 Offseason

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FYI - fanfest tickets can be purchased.

Fast Passes are available for $500. Up from like $300 last year.

That's a large pill to swallow this year. Still worth it - but damn.

Got my fastpass and tickets for the 4th year in a row, I'm a sucker.

Its at the ballpark again this year vs A. Convention Center which makes for more walking but its a good time for the fans. You basically get to see the whole ballpark inside and out. You don't have to do the fastpass and it is still a good time.

WilltheThrill

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Congrats to Nellie. I am glad he is getting paid well. We had several huge contributors around here in the early part of this decade who helped us get to two World Series. Almost all have left. Some are hated by most Ranger fans and some aren't. I am glad when they get rewarded.

I think most former Rangers are still revered. I know for me personally I only detest CJ and Josh because of what egomaniacal delusional douchebags they are as people. I still wish the best for Nelly, Murphy, Napoli, Koji, etc. except for when they're playing against us.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's another reason Niese is intriguing. He is controllable for four more years and is only 28

Niese or Syndergaard would make me happy but i think its doubtful

WilltheThrill

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Niese or Syndergaard would make me happy but i think its doubtful

It would take a lot to get Syndergaard, I'm afraid. I would love it though if JD could pull that off.

Xx srs bsns xX

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,409.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Got my fastpass and tickets for the 4th year in a row, I'm a sucker.

Its at the ballpark again this year vs A. Convention Center which makes for more walking but its a good time for the fans. You basically get to see the whole ballpark inside and out. You don't have to do the fastpass and it is still a good time.

Yeah I did it last year - was planning on doing it again this year... but have prior commitments on the 24th.
Having that fastpass was/is a thing of beauty.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It would take a lot to get Syndergaard, I'm afraid. I would love it though if JD could pull that off.

might have to send EA and eat some of the dollars until his option years

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I did it last year - was planning on doing it again this year... but have prior commitments on the 24th.
Having that fastpass was/is a thing of beauty.

I just went back and bought a second fastpass, don't know what the hell for but I guess I will figure something out. It may prove to be a valuable commodity later

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
might have to send EA and eat some of the dollars until his option years
Well get him a one way ticket on the first train leaving town.:lol:

saddles

Bring up Blaine Crim #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's another reason Niese is intriguing. He is controllable for four more years and is only 28

What would you give up for Niese in terms of prospects?

Xx srs bsns xX

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,409.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just went back and bought a second fastpass, don't know what the hell for but I guess I will figure something out. It may prove to be a valuable commodity later

Sell the autographs.
Or have someone pay you X amount for "so & so's autograph".

IE... I have a few things signed by Elvis... so having him sign another ball would just add to the collection... orrrrrrr if someone wanted to pay say $50 or so (which is a fairly large discount for what they go for online) for it... then by all means...

Hell, with 2 FP's.. you're looking at 2 autographs from every player. So use the 2nd opportunity as a funding source to recover the cost of both passes. Fielder + Choo + Beltre + Pudge could net you an easy $400-500+.

But that's the opportunistic side coming out in me.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think most former Rangers are still revered. I know for me personally I only detest CJ and Josh because of what egomaniacal delusional douchebags they are as people. I still wish the best for Nelly, Murphy, Napoli, Koji, etc. except for when they're playing against us.

I have a feeling that if we really got to know these ballplayers personally that we would have a hard time liking a lot of them. I still like all of them for what they did for us. The one I have the most problem with is Kinsler not wanting to help out the younger players. I even remained an ARod fan for a few years after he left. Now, the one I had the most problem with all time was Kevin Brown.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Sell the autographs.
Or have someone pay you X amount for "so & so's autograph".

IE... I have a few things signed by Elvis... so having him sign another ball would just add to the collection... orrrrrrr if someone wanted to pay say $50 or so (which is a fairly large discount for what they go for online) for it... then by all means...

Hell, with 2 FP's.. you're looking at 2 autographs from every player. So use the 2nd opportunity as a funding source to recover the cost of both passes. Fielder + Choo + Beltre + Pudge could net you an easy $400-500+.

But that's the opportunistic side coming out in me.

I'd be happy to pay for the following autographs.

Beltre, Darvish, and Pudge.

Xx srs bsns xX

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,409.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd be happy to pay for the following autographs.

Beltre, Darvish, and Pudge.

See...:suds: Like I said... haha. Opportunistic.
As for Darvish - he wasnt at last years....but maybe the higher price means he'll be there this year? Idk.

I'll add to this - depending on if I go to Sherlocks in December or not (Newberg's book event) - I have my gf's World Series Game 4 ticket that I need Holland to sign (he's already signed mine). So if you were willing to do that...i'd like to see what it would take to make that happen. :nod:

Darvish would be the only one I'd want otherwise... I have everyone else already.
Probably Gallo/Alfaro/Thompson too...

darrylgann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Buster_ESPN: The Rangers have continued in conversations to sign Torii Hunter.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
See...:suds: Like I said... haha. Opportunistic.
As for Darvish - he wasnt at last years....but maybe the higher price means he'll be there this year? Idk.

I'll add to this - depending on if I go to Sherlocks in December or not (Newberg's book event) - I have my gf's World Series Game 4 ticket that I need Holland to sign (he's already signed mine). So if you were willing to do that...i'd like to see what it would take to make that happen. :nod:

Darvish would be the only one I'd want otherwise... I have everyone else already.
Probably Gallo/Alfaro/Thompson too...

Lots of options I would guess, other than just selling it outright. Yeah Darvish is about the only one I don't have and he could be there this year because he has committed to stay in Texas for his offseason training.

Could get Gallo to sign his game worn RR jersey that I won on an online auction(Claudio as well). I have had Derek sign multiple items for me over the years, so his might be available. I will be around here and keep you guys posted in case there is any interest

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have a feeling that if we really got to know these ballplayers personally that we would have a hard time liking a lot of them. I still like all of them for what they did for us. The one I have the most problem with is Kinsler not wanting to help out the younger players. I even remained an ARod fan for a few years after he left. Now, the one I had the most problem with all time was Kevin Brown.

Arod lost me when he said he wanted out of Texas cause he didn't want to play here cause it was like playing with a bunch of kids. CJ and Josh are what they are, they've shown their true colors as well as Ian did. There are others though that you might expect are very humble, down to earth truly good people. Craig Gentry and David Murphy are great and Holland is still a Ranger but he is another that you would enjoy hanging out with

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well get him a one way ticket on the first train leaving town.:lol:

If he nets you a #1-2 starting pitcher I will pony up the cash for the train ticket. Like I said earlier though it is probably doubtful. JD would have to get real creative probably to make it happen

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Arod lost me when he said he wanted out of Texas cause he didn't want to play here cause it was like playing with a bunch of kids. CJ and Josh are what they are, they've shown their true colors as well as Ian did. There are others though that you might expect are very humble, down to earth truly good people. Craig Gentry and David Murphy are great and Holland is still a Ranger but he is another that you would enjoy hanging out with

I cut ARod some slack for that comment because Hicks promised him it wouldn't be that way when he signed. He promised ARod that he would keep spending even after ARod got here and Hicks tightened up the purse strings instead. I don't blame ARod because Hicks lied to him.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I cut ARod some slack for that comment because Hicks promised him it wouldn't be that way when he signed. He promised ARod that he would keep spending even after ARod got here and Hicks tightened up the purse strings instead. I don't blame ARod because Hicks lied to him.

You shouldn't blame him for that, though I said thats when I began to dislike him. There are plenty of other reasons not to like the guy. Most of, if not all were brought upon by himself, though he could care less I am sure because thats the kind of person he is.