• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2014 offseason thread

JMedlock5186

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some FA's that I'm interested in. I was actually surprised. There are a lot of guys that I would at least like to bring in for an interview and try to work out a salary cap friendly deal.

Jarius Bryd - (He's going to demand a high price, but I'm very interested. With him and Reid in that secondary! Holly crap).
Eugene Monroe (could he possibly be had for cheap?
Arthur Jones
Drayton Florence
Eben Britton (loved this guy coming out of college)
Alex Mack (another high priced guy, but one of the best Centers in football. He's worth bringing in for a vist at the very least)
TJ Ward
Malcolm Jenkins
Willie Colon
Nick Folk
Nate Allen
Larry English (Clyde's guy)
Peria Jerry
Eric Decker (probably too expensive from the benefit of Manning throwing his way)

Probably too expensive but it would be good to get a guy like him.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Tarell Brown - DB - 49ers

49ers CB Tarell Brown is expected to test free agency.

Brown, 29, was the 49ers' No. 2 cornerback for most of the season, finishing with 32 tackles and 10 pass deflections over 13 games. Rather than re-sign Brown, San Francisco gave Tramaine Brock a four-year $16 million extension in November, but they haven't completely closed the door on bringing him back for 2014. ESPN.com's Bill Williamson believes Brown would have to settle for a team-friendly deal to return.
Source: ESPN.com

Jan 25 - 3:05 PM

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Noooooooooo!!! :gaah::omg:
I hope you mean FS not corner

Chris Culliver - DB - 49ers

CSN Bay Area considers 49ers CB Chris Culliver (knee) a candidate for a starting role in 2014.

Culliver missed the entire 2013 season with a torn ACL, but is on track to participate in the team's offseason program. With Carlos Rogers, Tarell Brown, and Eric Wright all not expected back, Culliver will be in the mix for one of the 49ers' top three cornerback spots. San Francisco also figures to add competition through the draft or free agency.
Source: CSN Bay Area

Jan 25 - 4:08 PM

h0ckeysk83r

Haters gonna hate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Noooooooooo!!! :gaah::omg:
I hope you mean FS not corner

Chris Culliver - DB - 49ers

CSN Bay Area considers 49ers CB Chris Culliver (knee) a candidate for a starting role in 2014.

Culliver missed the entire 2013 season with a torn ACL, but is on track to participate in the team's offseason program. With Carlos Rogers, Tarell Brown, and Eric Wright all not expected back, Culliver will be in the mix for one of the 49ers' top three cornerback spots. San Francisco also figures to add competition through the draft or free agency.

Jan 25 - 4:08 PM

Are you not giving culliver a shot at all this year? I'm looking forward to see what he can do. He def needs to take the next step this offseason. Looks like he's motivated

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Are you not giving culliver a shot at all this year? I'm looking forward to see what he can do. He def needs to take the next step this offseason. Looks like he's motivated

All we're going to hear next season after each game is, "ohhh he's still rusty. He hasn't have real live game action for a full season, let's not hold that against him". Blah blah blah. In all my times being a 9ers fan I have never seen more excuses given for a bad or mediocre player in the history of this franchise. Geezus, I thought the Alex Smith apologist were bad.

sjballer03

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
All we're going to hear next season after each game is, "ohhh he's still rusty. He hasn't have real live game action for a full season, let's not hold that against him". Blah blah blah. In all my times being a 9ers fan I have never seen more excuses given for a bad or mediocre player in the history of this franchise. Geezus, I thought the Alex Smith apologist were bad.

I have no opinion about Culliver one way or another. It really seems like you have an issue with him. Maybe it might help to educate us in terms of game tape? I mean if you are so against him, you must have some objective evidence, right? But please don't just regurgitate some plays from the Super Bowl. Some actual analysis would be nice.

Last edited by a moderator:

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I have no opinion about Culliver one way or another. It really seems like you have an issue with him. Maybe it might help to educate us in terms of game tape? I mean if you are so against him, you must have some objective evidence, right? But please don't just regurgitate some plays from the Super Bowl. Some actual analysis would be nice.

I've done that ad nauseam in 2012. Don't be lazy and go back and look for those threads yourself.

h0ckeysk83r

Haters gonna hate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He wasn't great in the Super Bowl but who even was on defense?

I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt. But he needs to show he's ready this offseason.

sjballer03

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I've done that ad nauseam in 2012. Don't be lazy and go back and look for those threads yourself.

Yes, I remember those days and I've read em all. I haven't actually seen anything that I would call objective, however.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Patrick Willis - LB - 49ers

Patrick Willis recently underwent surgery on his left thumb and is in a cast.

What was exactly wrong with Willis' thumb is unknown; he wasn't on the injury report ahead of the NFC Championship game. It's possible he suffered the injury in Seattle. Either way, Willis should be ready for minicamp in June.
Source: Sacramento Bee

Jan 26 - 11:55 AM

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Jonathan Goodwin - C - 49ers

CSN Bay Area expects the 49ers to let C Jonathan Goodwin walk in free agency.

Goodwin turned 35 last month, but is "open" to re-signing with the 49ers. According to reporter Matt Maiocco, however, San Francisco wants to get younger at center, mentioning Daniel Kilgore and Joe Looney as possibilities. The Niners could also look for a long-term replacement in the draft. Goodwin has been an NFL starter since 2008, but has become a liability in pass protection.

Jan 27 - 5:04 PM

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Perrish Cox - DB - 49ers

CSN Bay Area reports the 49ers are unlikely to tender offers to restricted free agents CB Perrish Cox and DE Demarcus Dobbs.

Cox was an important fill-in during the 49ers' playoff run, but isn't worth $1.323 million. Dobbs' playing time tailed off late in the year, and he fared poorly in Pro Football Focus' ratings across 300 snaps.

Jan 27 - 4:19 PM

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Donte Whitner - DB - 49ers

CSN Bay Area expects impending 49ers free agents SS Donte Whitner and CB Tarell Brown to reach the open market.

The 49ers franchise tagged S Dashon Goldson in 2012, but appear ready to let Whitner and Brown walk unless they're willing to accept team-friendly deals. There's little reason for either to do so before getting a whiff of the open market. In between doling out his trademark illegal hits and mulling changing his last name to "Hitner," Whitner had a strong 2013, grading out as Pro Football Focus' No. 6 safety. Appearing in all 16 games for the third time in four years, Whitner notched 73 tackles, two picks and two forced fumbles. Whitner turns 29 in July.

Jan 27 - 4:12 PM

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With Tank coming on, healthy, I expected Dobbs to be a casuality first over TJE...