• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2014 Offseason Plans Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2m Dear Cubs, I'm pretty close with a guy who is willing to do some traveling and would make a great manager........... ;)

She can shut up....Her dad better not be leaving.

She can shut her filthy whore mouth.

Last edited by a moderator:

lainey12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2m Dear Cubs, I'm pretty close with a guy who is willing to do some traveling and would make a great manager........... ;)

She can shut up....Her dad better not be leaving.

ummmm, completely inappropriate tweet

darrylgann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Notice there are no stands behind the LF wall ... just a woods. I remember coming home from school and turning on the TV and seeing it live.

TRIVIA -- Who is the guy who saved the 1962 series and is the only player to win the WS MVP playing for the losing team?
How about who was the MVP of a Super Bowl and was on the losing team?

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Notice there are no stands behind the LF wall ... just a woods. I remember coming home from school and turning on the TV and seeing it live.

TRIVIA -- Who is the guy who saved the 1962 series and is the only player to win the WS MVP playing for the losing team?

Are you talking about Richardson? I did not really pay attention to the WS since we had lived in DC at the time and the Senators stunk. Then moved to Hawaii and they did not have live telecasts until the Michigans St - Notre Dame 10-10 game. But I would listen on the radio and my first to really remember was the 1964 WS when the Cards beat the Yankees in 7 games. I became a Bob Gibson and Lou Brock fan. And I remember Ken Boyer hitting a grand slam to win one game 4-3. I hated the Yankees even back then.

lainey12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If it means Nolan ends up leaving, then oh well. Maddux and JD have had more to do with the pitching being improved than Nolan telling guys they need to deeper into games. That is unless you truly believe that being scared of Nolan Ryan mean mugging you from the owner's box makes guys pitch better.

I really don't care if Ryan leaves.
I'm saying, it's not a wise thing to do/say on your way out.

Windingmywatch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Are you talking about Richardson? I did not really pay attention to the WS since we had lived in DC at the time and the Senators stunk. Then moved to Hawaii and they did not have live telecasts until the Michigans St - Notre Dame 10-10 game. But I would listen on the radio and my first to really remember was the 1964 WS when the Cards beat the Yankees in 7 games. I became a Bob Gibson and Lou Brock fan. And I remember Ken Boyer hitting a grand slam to win one game 4-3. I hated the Yankees even back then.

Crap ... that was too easy I guess. I remember Bobby Richardson's leap that stole McCovey's drive and ended game seven. But he was the MVP of the 1960 series. The NY media didn't like that PIT won the series and did all they could to favor their Yankees.

I was a Dodger fan back then ... Brooklyn and then LA. The 1963 series was one of my favorites ... after 1955 of course.

lainey12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was talking about letting him be Wash's right hand man along with the pitching coach. Maddux is ready to coach though IMO.

not a bad idea, I'd love to know who's making these pitching decisions

for instance warming the pen, when it's too late. It's always made me crazy
you don't have to warm them at full speed, but you do get them up.

It seems to me, having MLB streaming and getting the other team feeds, the opposing Managers get guys up at the first sign of trouble (ya know, assuming it's a little later in the game...for the most part)

and I'm constantly like wow, wouldn't that be nice...we won't do it until it's too late
:L

Tharvot

Crusader for Truthiness
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clearly, they need to get another bat or 2.

Ideally, I would take the team as presently constituted & re-sign every pitcher. Our pitching staff is absolutely loaded. We could even use 1 or 2 arms in a trade deal in the offseason.

I would want to keep most of the position players too. Re-sign Cruz, might be able to get him for cheap considering his suspension this yr and his history of injury issues. Dump murphy for sure though.

I hear that the Rangers will be major players for McCann. If we get him, dump AJ.

Need another bat besides McCann and Cruz, not sure what the market is. Would love to trade for Stanton (I'd ship Harrison and Profar if they wanted). We also need better production from 1st base/DH, but if we had McCann, Cruz, and Stanton, I'd be fine with Moreland at 1st again.

That's my wishlist anyhow. Wash stays, despite his poor game management at times he got 90+ wins out of a team that was battered with injuries all year long.

Al Falfa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Bobby Richardson?

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clearly, they need to get another bat or 2.

Ideally, I would take the team as presently constituted & re-sign every pitcher. Our pitching staff is absolutely loaded. We could even use 1 or 2 arms in a trade deal in the offseason.

I would want to keep most of the position players too. Re-sign Cruz, might be able to get him for cheap considering his suspension this yr and his history of injury issues. Dump murphy for sure though.

I hear that the Rangers will be major players for McCann. If we get him, dump AJ.

Need another bat besides McCann and Cruz, not sure what the market is. Would love to trade for Stanton (I'd ship Harrison and Profar if they wanted). We also need better production from 1st base/DH, but if we had McCann, Cruz, and Stanton, I'd be fine with Moreland at 1st again.

That's my wishlist anyhow. Wash stays, despite his poor game management at times he got 90+ wins out of a team that was battered with injuries all year long.

We are also the early frontrunners for Abreu, the Cuban 1st baseman. The money is there to spend. I expect another great line-up next year.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We are also the early frontrunners for Abreu, the Cuban 1st baseman. The money is there to spend. I expect another great line-up next year.

I'm not sold on slugging Cuban FA's. This guy has never seen major league pitching. But, if our scouts say he's good enough then I trust them. They sure got it right with Darvish.

Al Falfa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Crap ... that was too easy I guess. I remember Bobby Richardson's leap that stole McCovey's drive and ended game seven. But he was the MVP of the 1960 series. The NY media didn't like that PIT won the series and did all they could to favor their Yankees.

I was a Dodger fan back then ... Brooklyn and then LA. The 1963 series was one of my favorites ... after 1955 of course.

I recall Roger Maris making a perfect relay throw in that game that possibly saved a run. Also, I think Ralph Terry was the winning pitcher in that 7th game and also the pitcher who gave up the Mazeroski homer.

Al Falfa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I remember bits an pieces of the 55 WS. What I remember most is that Robinson was out on the steal of home. The ump blew it.

Windingmywatch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I'm not sold on slugging Cuban FA's. This guy has never seen major league pitching. But, if our scouts say he's good enough then I trust them. They sure got it right with Darvish.

Would still start him out at AA like Martin did ... if TEX were to go all out for him.

The Cuban guys have raw talent but have shown to have technique gaps on the field. Dominican and Venezuelan guys get better instruction as they develop that the Cubans miss out on.

Status
Not open for further replies.