• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2014 Offseason Plans Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last edited by a moderator:

lainey12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ESPN radio has all been the talk on this, and this tweet:

Todd Wills@wtwills09 1h
Rangers bench coach Jackie Moore on his firing: "You look for reasons and I haven't found any, other than me being a Nolan guy."

Holy....
Here we go

"a Nolan guy?"
WOW, shot fired back...this may not be pretty. Now I assume Ryan is leaving as well.

Last edited by a moderator:

Al Falfa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
nevermind....hammer away on washington. That superior talent point wasn't working to well for you and Lord knows you haven't a clue for a replacement

Excellent point. Wash has lead this team to 4 straight 90 win seasons, two AL championships and two WS appearances. You don't make changes just for changes sake so you better have someone lined up that either has done the same or is capable of continuing that run. Unfortunately, most of those are dead.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Holy....
Here we go

"a Nolan guy?"
WOW, shot fired back...this may not be pretty. Now I assume Ryan is leaving as well.

It sounds like Moore is mad, and trying to stir shit up on his way out.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
nevermind....hammer away on washington. That superior talent point wasn't working to well for you and Lord knows you haven't a clue for a replacement

From what I am reading is that Moore was let go because he was suppose to help RW with his in game strategy and that they still feel that is RW's weakness. So they hope to find someone who can help him with that. Goes along with what many of us are saying is that he is a great clubhouse manager but not a good in game manager. And those types of things will cost a team some games.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's up with throwing Nolan in there? Oh to be a fly...
Jackie is a Nolan guy. That's the only reason he has the job. Wash never wanted Art Howe to leave, but Texas removed him in 2008 and installed Moore.

Windingmywatch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
fun, I could watch clips like that all day...

Notice there are no stands behind the LF wall ... just a woods. I remember coming home from school and turning on the TV and seeing it live.

TRIVIA -- Who is the guy who saved the 1962 series and is the only player to win the WS MVP playing for the losing team?

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lainey- I heard about it earlier today on "the fan" and they were talking about how Wash was not happy.

lainey12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jackie is a Nolan guy. That's the only reason he has the job. Wash never wanted Art Howe to leave, but Texas removed him in 2008 and installed Moore.

I get that, I'm speaking to the comment on his way out. He drags Ryan into it? I'm with Romeo, all that does is stir shit up

Windingmywatch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
From what I am reading is that Moore was let go because he was suppose to help RW with his in game strategy and that they still feel that is RW's weakness. So they hope to find someone who can help him with that. Goes along with what many of us are saying is that he is a great clubhouse manager but not a good in game manager. And those types of things will cost a team some games.

... more than that.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get that, I'm speaking to the comment on his way out. He drags Ryan into it? I'm with Romeo, all that does is stir shit up
If it means Nolan ends up leaving, then oh well. Maddux and JD have had more to do with the pitching being improved than Nolan telling guys they need to deeper into games. That is unless you truly believe that being scared of Nolan Ryan mean mugging you from the owner's box makes guys pitch better.

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mike Maddux needs to be more than the pitching coach. Let Wash hug him after Mike tells him who to warm up, and when to bring them in.

lainey12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lainey- I heard about it earlier today on "the fan" and they were talking about how Wash was not happy.

I'm sure he wasn't...I understand it, and will grant him that.
Wash himself admitted he was worried about his job in Sept, (last game presser he admitted that it was in an interview anyway) so I'm not sure how surprised he really is.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If it means Nolan ends up leaving, then oh well. Maddux and JD have had more to do with the pitching being improved than Nolan telling guys they need to deeper into games. That is unless you truly believe that being scared of Nolan Ryan mean mugging you from the owner's box makes guys pitch better.

Nolan was a big part of the culture change regarding what was expected of Texas pitchers. Now that the culture had taken hold Nolan's departure wouldn't have nearly as adverse of an effect as some think. Who knows? Nolan may be doing a :wtf: to Moore's comment as well.

Like I said, it sounds like some have been trying to draw up sides behind the scenes. Moore may have been one of those guys and that may have been part of the reason he's gone now.

Al Falfa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haaaaa ... only you and me remember. The Greatest Home Run Ever.

The Greatest Homerun Ever: Bill Mazeroski (Longer Version) - YouTube

Bet it gets lots of play in PIT the next week or more.

Was thinking of Berra at C as opposed to Berra in LF. Hector Lopez ... now there is a name everyone has forgotten.

I was a die hard Yankees fan in those days and that HR made that winter the longest of my life. Never will forget it. The Yankees dominated the series offensively and still lost on that bleeping HR.

Status
Not open for further replies.