• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2014 Offseason Plans Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lets use the Stars OT thread lol. Cluttering this up with hockey.

lainey12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lainey employed a straw man anyway. She knows that's now that I meant. She's just giving me a hard time.

yeah I was just messin
however it is true...and it was a strawman

I think the idea is you don't want the Rangers to sign guys that still have contracts after the age of
????

32? 33? I got that.
Sometimes, with the right player, that's tough.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah I was just messin
however it is true...and it was a strawman

I think the idea is you don't want the Rangers to sign guys that still have contracts after the age of
????

32? 33? I got that.
Sometimes, with the right player, that's tough.
Just very wary of giving guys that have a lot of miles multi year deals. There are a few exceptions, but for the most part I think it's wise business sense. Last year going after Berkman was awful business sense, but not because of his age. It was the injury, and I fell for it...I won't fall into that trap again.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Always wanted to go to Toronto and Montreal, going to put that on the list
I went to the Niagara falls when I went to Toronto. It was the first day of spring and it was 25 degrees outside. I was frozen to my core, but I've never seen anything more beautiful.

Montreal was amazing fun!

ESPN Refugee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Always wanted to go to Toronto and Montreal, going to put that on the list

I'm a frequent goer to that area. When you decide to go let us know and I can tell you some cool places to go and things to do.

ESPN Refugee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I went to the Niagara falls when I went to Toronto. It was the first day of spring and it was 25 degrees outside. I was frozen to my core, but I've never seen anything more beautiful.

Montreal was amazing fun!

Went to Niagara Falls the first time in May and yes it was fantastic. I was on the Canadian side(which is better) and I didn't realize just how developed and how much there is to do there. On my drive there from Toronto I also saw a ton of wineries which I wish I knew beforehand. I would have gotten my wine drinking on lol.

lainey12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Turned 60 last Saturday. It gets harder and harder to remember yesterday let alone 30.

Meh, with medical technology and some awareness, 60 is the new 48

Dad is 63 and I look at him and he doesn't act, or (according to him) feel much different than he did when he was he was in his 40's. (maybe a few aches, but he doesn't complain of anything)
he looks good too, it's a different time now.
you're young!!
90, that's old.

:D

lainey12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is the season getting close? :) I'm having Oct withdrawals,

they typically pass by Nov

lainey12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dodgers gone home and Red Sox going to the WS after LAD bailed them out of a bunch of shitty contracts to help them get there. Guess if I have to root for someone it would be for the Cards unless there is a way they can both lose

I'm reluctantly going for the Cards too, I didn't want to pull for either team....I just can't bring myself to root for Boston. I didn't really have anything against the Cards until that Series

I'm going to write the Narrative so it's more palatable.
The Cards sweep the RSox, (or almost sweep) and all we hear is "unlike the great 2011 Rangers team....."

yeah, they won't get swept, but if I have to root for the Cards, then sweep them for the reason stated above. We're going to hear about it one way or another.

Last edited by a moderator:

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just very wary of giving guys that have a lot of miles multi year deals. There are a few exceptions, but for the most part I think it's wise business sense. Last year going after Berkman was awful business sense, but not because of his age. It was the injury, and I fell for it...I won't fall into that trap again.

so the Rangers offer a 30-year player a 3-year deal because we don't want to give him more than that because of his age and other teams offer him 5 year deals, do you think he would take the Rangers deal?

lainey12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm a frequent goer to that area. When you decide to go let us know and I can tell you some cool places to go and things to do.

Will do, might be a year or so, but we're going

Last edited by a moderator:

lainey12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so the Rangers offer a 30-year player a 3-year deal because we don't want to give him more than that because of his age and other teams offer him 5 year deals, do you think he would take the Rangers deal?

No, I don't see JD doing a 5 year deal, and he'll go to someone else

Too bad, like to have him...I'd go 4 for sure, but it's not my money.
(well some of it is)

Status
Not open for further replies.