• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2014 Offseason Plans Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This was that asshole bone3421. He can't stop shitting on SportsHoopla but keeps trying to get back in. Pathetic.

Well thanks for disposing of him

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This was that asshole bone3421. He can't stop shitting on SportsHoopla but keeps trying to get back in. Pathetic.
Thanks for the heads up. Fooled me.

Broseidon

M.F.C.E.O.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Man I wish Padres would go back to their old colors.

ESPN Refugee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Did I miss something? Did this just happen recently?

Broseidon

M.F.C.E.O.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Has anyone heard anything about Granderson?

The Commish

Texas Rangers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would have hoped if I was a yankee fan they would have addressed the pitching issue more, though I'm sure they will try and outbid every team for Tanaka as the posting fee doesn't go against the luxury tax.

They're talking about setting a max posting fee so small market clubs aren't out by default. If multiple teams bid the max, the team with the worst record would get rights to the player.

Broseidon

M.F.C.E.O.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They're talking about setting a max posting fee so small market clubs aren't out by default. If multiple teams bid the max, the team with the worst record would get rights to the player.

I don't see why NPB would agree to that, unless each NPB club gets to name the price for each particular player, rather than an universal fee.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I did see that the other day, thanks for reminding me. Makes it more fair for small clubs but then they have to pay the player as well and most small market team are set on keeping their payroll down so the player might get less money in the long run. I guess the player could always choose not to accept the teams offer and stay with their club

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last edited by a moderator:

BLeslie59Rangers

I hate the Angels...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of all the signings/trades made so far, the only one I regret the Rangers not being involved in is the Fister deal. Our Fielder trade was in my opinion the most intelligent trade of the offseason so far.

We should run from any deal with Choo at or above $100 million. What a joke that Ellsbury deal is. Good for Jacoby, he just robbed the Yanks!

I think we look at Arencibia as a backup catcher ( yeh, he's not great), and I think we look into Braun. The guys a jerk, but I want a World Series, and he would get us to that level. I'm also back to Hellickson as a back of the rotation starter, but the Rays may want too much for him...

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of all the signings/trades made so far, the only one I regret the Rangers not being involved in is the Fister deal. Our Fielder trade was in my opinion the most intelligent trade of the offseason so far.

We should run from any deal with Choo at or above $100 million. What a joke that Ellsbury deal is. Good for Jacoby, he just robbed the Yanks!

I think we look at Arencibia as a backup catcher ( yeh, he's not great), and I think we look into Braun. The guys a jerk, but I want a World Series, and he would get us to that level. I'm also back to Hellickson as a back of the rotation starter, but the Rays may want too much for him...
After what I'm seeing, I wonder what is too much.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That's no joke. What do you know? The Yankees are fucking shit up for the rest of the league. Go figure.

Broseidon

M.F.C.E.O.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I always liked Ben Zobrist for some reason. Despite the fact he looks exactly like Dax Shepard

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

There isn't such a thing as too much according to the player (s). All it takes is one team to make an outlandish offering, and everyone else takes their wallets and goes home. And thank goodness we did on the Ells deal. This man has averaged 74 games a season for 3 years (not a good long term investment IMO).

But guys, in general, there's several months left to make an awful lot of noise, front page news, and for me, I don't see us slinking into the night.

Status
Not open for further replies.