• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2014 Offseason Plans Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm talking about before the Prince trade. I'm sure it was for scherzer or fister

there was an article during the playoffs about the possibility of the Tigers making Scherzer available, which is probably why JD reached out to them initially I might think

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not saying a trade WILL happen. But I can say it is LIKELY. Now we have more reinforcements for a trade.

Edit: Was just told that the biggest thing about this trade is it probably allows us to keep luke jackson and trade odor instead. That was why it was essential we made it.

Trade Odor to be able to keep Luke Jackson? the hell?

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he hadn't told you it may mean jd is being sneaky and keeping something close to the chest. We'll see.

Romeo how are the GSP's? I owe you a scotch for the heads up on the FastPass otherwise i might have missed it myself as I didn't get an alert from the Rangers site like i have in the past. Sorry they sold out before you got in. Depends on any signings or trades, next year might be better anyway

terpsfball09

Crabcakes and ACL tears
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trade Odor to be able to keep Luke Jackson? the hell?

No sense in keeping someone who's blocked off like we did profar. Our pitching in our system is really weak, and we have sardinas and odor. I like the move

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wait so is Braun really available??

Something about Braun and Ike Davis before that had folks talking about Milwaukee looking to move Braun. This time of year you hear all sorts of things, the truth is probably who knows but for the return they are looking for I would think they'd listen to offers

darrylgann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Price likely off the table with no extension
Cargo likely not an option after Fowler goes to Houston
Marlins continue to say no to moving Stanton

Leaves a Choo signing or move for Braun as a few real upgrades or retaining Cruz a possibility I guess

It really looks that way to me. Still makes todays trade odd still.

darrylgann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No sense in keeping someone who's blocked off like we did profar. Our pitching in our system is really weak, and we have sardinas and odor. I like the move

What is that picture there, Terps. Your Avator. Looks like a familiar actor/comedian.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'd rather trade Sardinas than Odor

And Odor is a couple years away, who's to say what we need then

Odor is going to be a stud at 2B and if we trade him we'll regret it more than trading Jackson

Profar is only at 2B b/c he's blocked at SS and 3B, but once he fills out, he would make an excellent candidate for 3B, with Odor at 2B

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Why is it odd to you? Gentry was a 4th OF here. We got an upcoming prospect, who JD feels he can fall back on if other things don't go his way.

A big part of Gentry's game is his speed. He is 30 years old. It's all down hill from here.

terpsfball09

Crabcakes and ACL tears
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What is that picture there, Terps. Your Avator. Looks like a familiar actor/comedian.

John C. Reily playing Dr. Steve Brule. He plays a news reporter who is basically retarded. The ways he pronounces words are the funniest things I've ever heard.

terpsfball09

Crabcakes and ACL tears
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ocEouB1gi14]Tim and Eric: "Brule's Rules Focus on Genders" (Awesome Show) - YouTube[/ame]

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Guess Choice may have a higher ceiling than Gentry in the long run, and I think the Bostich for Lindblom was good as I didn't think Linblom was going to pan out here but the trade did come from "left field" today no pun

Status
Not open for further replies.