• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2014 Offseason Plans Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The A's bullpen has gotten SIGNIFICANTLY better in the past 24 hours

and their rotation may be the best in the division and young as well and we all know that they find some way to score runs with their slew of 220-240 hitters

Broseidon

M.F.C.E.O.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I honestly don't think Price has had any interest whatsoever in being traded to Texas and certainly had no interest in signing an extension for them. The way he talked about beating the Rangers in game 163 and the apparent hatred he had for losing to us in the playoffs the previous years has made me think he would have no choice if traded here, but certainly wouldn't like it.

Playoff series creates rivals. we eliminated them twice before and RBIA had been a house of horrors for him. He was understandably pumped after that game, but I don't think he'd like pitching half his games here before free agency.

terpsfball09

Crabcakes and ACL tears
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's not, but he wants Kershaw and the 250-300 million he will get to shoot the price tag up for him. Price will command 180+ on the market.

Right. He doesn't really wanna beat kershaw's deal. I think he wants him to sign for because he is fairly certain that kershaw will get around 250 million. He can say, Kershaw got this much, look at our numbers, this is what I want. I'm the second best lefty in the game. So I should get money that at least compares to that. Its all about precedent in the free agent game. The best lefty gets 250-300, then the second best lefty can then ask for 225-275

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and their rotation may be the best in the division and young as well and we all know that they find some way to score runs with their slew of 220-240 hitters

You really think best pitching staff!?

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know this how

I don't know it as fact which is why I said 'I don't think" and it i just based on something I remember about the way he was talking about beating the Rangers in the play-in game and his actions on the field that made me feel like he really doesn't like the Rangers(obvious playoff rivalry in past). Just personal opinion but may be based on the fact that until that game he hasn't pitched very well in Arlington in the past.

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ill stick with my previous picks. Our 4 options that I could see us trading for: Stanton, CarGo, Kemp, and Braun.
Stanton was my choice a 1.5-2 years ago, then I moved on to CarGo, but everyone was afraid of his splits. Then he had a great year. My latest one being Braun that I just brought up a few days ago. They are all game changers.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ill stick with my previous picks. Our 4 options that I could see us trading for: Stanton, CarGo, Kemp, and Braun.
Stanton was my choice a 1.5-2 years ago, then I moved on to CarGo, but everyone was afraid of his splits. Then he had a great year. My latest one being Braun that I just brought up a few days ago. They are all game changers.

I would love Braun or gonzo. Great all around games. Even Stanton would
Be huge

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure the A's have gotten that much better. Their bullpen may be a bit better, but I think losing Balfour and gaining Johnson is a sideways move. I don't think Kazmir is going to work out as planned for them, and was overpaid. They also lost Seth Smith who isn't anything special but had a bunch of clutch hits for them in the last 2 years.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You really think best pitching staff!?

I think our rotation if healthy rivals theirs but Sonny Gray, Jarrod Parker, Scott Kazmir, Tommy Milone, Dan Straily and Brett Anderson who they seem to be looking to move is a pretty good start. Looks like they will probably move on from Bartolo but who knows? I think it is better than what the Mariners, Angels and Astros throw at everyone

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know if anyone saw me post it last night, but keep your eyes on Daniel Hudson. He is a JD type of guy. He was non-tendered last night.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Playoff series creates rivals. we eliminated them twice before and RBIA had been a house of horrors for him. He was understandably pumped after that game, but I don't think he'd like pitching half his games here before free agency.

Exactly

terpsfball09

Crabcakes and ACL tears
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Difference between our rotation and theirs is we have a number 1. They got a lot of really good pitchers, we have a GREAT pitcher. I wouldn't say our rotation is better though...

Broseidon

M.F.C.E.O.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right. He doesn't really wanna beat kershaw's deal. I think he wants him to sign for because he is fairly certain that kershaw will get around 250 million. He can say, Kershaw got this much, look at our numbers, this is what I want. I'm the second best lefty in the game. So I should get money that at least compares to that. Its all about precedent in the free agent game. The best lefty gets 250-300, then the second best lefty can then ask for 225-275

My thinking is that Kershaw's contract is going to be irrelevant to Price because Kershaw is so much better than Price. So, if Price signs now he's almost assured a contract in Felix's or Verlander's neighborhood, 7/175 and 7/180. There's no guarantee he will be the second best lefty 2 years from now.

terpsfball09

Crabcakes and ACL tears
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
dammit. astros just got dexter fowler. I've always liked him lol

Edit: they had to trade barnes and lyles to get him though. I've always liked lyles too

terpsfball09

Crabcakes and ACL tears
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My thinking is that Kershaw's contract is going to be irrelevant to Price because Kershaw is so much better than Price. So, if Price signs now he's almost assured a contract in Felix's or Verlander's neighborhood, 7/175 and 7/180. There's no guarantee he will be the second best lefty 2 years from now.

That's how negotiation works I guess. His party is gonna compare him to other left handed pitchers, the rays will compare him to pitchers in general that compare to him, regardless of what hand they are

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
dammit. astros just got dexter fowler. I've always liked him lol

Edit: they had to trade barnes and lyles to get him though. I've always liked lyles too

Guess that changes their needs for Cargo a bit now

terpsfball09

Crabcakes and ACL tears
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
according to mlbtr, royals probably gonna get beltran

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That Dexter Fowler trade is not a good one for the Rangers. That's a COL outfielder. I doubt they would trade CarGo too, unless they're going into re-build.

Status
Not open for further replies.