• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2014 Offseason Plans Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

lainey12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The fact is, as much as we all like gentry, we never made any trades last year in the hopes of making a bigger one. Its difficult to compare the two. Last year we were looking at 30 different options, but we never had an inclination of whether we were leaning towards a certain direction.

This year, we actually made a trade to get some prospects so we can trade some other prospects. We have that protection now. EVERYONE IN BASEBALL knows what JD is doing, and I'm sure his phone is ringing off the hook. I doubt he would do this unless he was certain he could make a trade go down.

I hope so

lainey12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
[VINE][/VINE] I'm not going to let you have it. Don't like it either. The trade is not a bad one. My dislike is shipping him off to Oakland. But I know business is business. In my working career I'd seen it all. Dog eat dog world.

That's why I said I could live with if it wasn't the A's...it's a disgusting feeling.

darrylgann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The fact is, as much as we all like gentry, we never made any trades last year in the hopes of making a bigger one. Its difficult to compare the two. Last year we were looking at 30 different options, but we never had an inclination of whether we were leaning towards a certain direction.

This year, we actually made a trade to get some prospects so we can trade some other prospects. We have that protection now. EVERYONE IN BASEBALL knows what JD is doing, and I'm sure his phone is ringing off the hook. I doubt he would do this unless he was certain he could make a trade go down.

So you think it's either CarGo or Price down the road here, Terps? Possibly. Was Price's people receptive to an extension?

Broseidon

M.F.C.E.O.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apparently Crisp is a FA after 2014, so maybe they expect that turd to leave...probably move to the Angels just to spite me!!!!

I don't think they'll pay Crisp market rate, but then I didn't think they'd pay 10 mill a year for a 5th starter and a closer. Oakland going hard for a new stadium.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just have to wait for the dust settles before I can make an opinion. There has to be more to what is going on but of course if it ended like this I would not be happy about it. Time will tell.

Broseidon

M.F.C.E.O.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you think it's either CarGo or Price down the road here, Terps? Possibly. Was Price's people receptive to an extension?

Hope the Rockies go full rebuild and send us Rosario as well. Obviously, won't happen

Broseidon

M.F.C.E.O.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Either a trade or signing a FA LF.

Broseidon

M.F.C.E.O.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just have to wait for the dust settles before I can make an opinion. There has to be more to what is going on but of course if it ended like this I would not be happy about it. Time will tell.

I think Texas was going to have to pick either Gentry or Engle Beltre for the 25man. With Engle out of options, and Gentry being 30 and his value at its highest (its only decreasing if you move him to COF) it made sense to move kitten face, especially for a high ceiling prospect and hometown kid in Choice.

Broseidon

M.F.C.E.O.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just rather go with choice if its either

Depends on who they trade for, certainly not Andre Eithier...that's not what I meant at all. I don't want any Dodger OF except Puig.

terpsfball09

Crabcakes and ACL tears
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Don't think he was interested in signing an extension at this time. Word is that he wants kershaw to sign first

terpsfball09

Crabcakes and ACL tears
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oakland just made yet another trade. Acquired Luke Gregerson from the padres for Seth Smith

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't think he was interested in signing an extension at this time. Word is that he wants kershaw to sign first

Terp, you know I kept saying "why would Price sign an extension?"
It wasn't you, but somebody said I can think of 150 million reasons why.

He is going to get a lot more than that as a FA and he gets to CHOOSE his destination. Sorry Terp, I know you wanted Price.

Status
Not open for further replies.