• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2014 Offseason Plans Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

terpsfball09

Crabcakes and ACL tears
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Terp, you know I kept saying "why would Price sign an extension?"
It wasn't you, but somebody said I can think of 150 million reason why.

He is going to get a lot more than that as a FA and he gets to CHOOSE his destination. Sorry Terp, I know you wanted Price.

They thought that by playing for a contender right now they could get him to sign. It was worth a shot.

terpsfball09

Crabcakes and ACL tears
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So that means no price?

Not necessarily. But it DOES mean, at least in my honest opinion, that its not worth trading for him now. I only wanted him if he would sign, but if we're getting two years for price when we could get more years of a #3 or #5 hitter and just try to keep developing our young guys, then its a no brainer.

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope that JD has a trade in the works because you can't start the year with Martin, EA, Profar, Choice , and Moreland all in the line-up. That's a waste of a good rotation.

Since Moreland isn't going to TB now, that helps in a trade to another team.

Broseidon

M.F.C.E.O.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Terp, you know I kept saying "why would Price sign an extension?"
It wasn't you, but somebody said I can think of 150 million reasons why.

He is going to get a lot more than that as a FA and he gets to CHOOSE his destination. Sorry Terp, I know you wanted Price.

That was me, sir.

But, if Price is expecting to get close to Kershaw money, he'll be disappointed.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oakland just made yet another trade. Acquired Luke Gregerson from the padres for Seth Smith

They are still the team to beat as the current division champs and they are getting better as we speak it seems

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not necessarily. But it DOES mean, at least in my honest opinion, that its not worth trading for him now. I only wanted him if he would sign, but if we're getting two years for price when we could get more years of a #3 or #5 hitter and just try to keep developing our young guys, then its a no brainer.

Yep. You're exactly right

Broseidon

M.F.C.E.O.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Longer TB waits to trade Price the less leverage they have right? I mean he's too expensive for them during his arb years.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any of these guys that we picked up make a trade with STL possible again?

darrylgann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So that means no price?

Damn well means no Price. LAD will pay Kershaw a sky rocketing amount of money and Price will want that plus one. Don't need that crap here. Shame.

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was me, sir.

But, if Price is expecting to get close to Kershaw money, he'll be disappointed.

He's not, but he wants Kershaw and the 250-300 million he will get to shoot the price tag up for him. Price will command 180+ on the market.

Broseidon

M.F.C.E.O.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They are still the team to beat as the current division champs and they are getting better as we speak it seems

I know that I've been waiting for the A's to regress for 3 years now, but, seriously, no way they keep it up!

terpsfball09

Crabcakes and ACL tears
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They are still really trying to trade him, and I'm not saying that we WONT, I'm just saying that the price for him likely dropped. no pun intended. We could still trade for him, but he won't be signing an extension, so I'd expect a lot of fans to be disappointed if we pulled it off

terpsfball09

Crabcakes and ACL tears
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The A's bullpen has gotten SIGNIFICANTLY better in the past 24 hours

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They are still really trying to trade him, and I'm not saying that we WONT, I'm just saying that the price for him likely dropped. no pun intended. We could still trade for him, but he won't be signing an extension, so I'd expect a lot of fans to be disappointed if we pulled it off

I will be one of them, especially if Perez and/or Gallo goes in the trade. I know Moreland would be a piece.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn well means no Price. LAD will pay Kershaw a sky rocketing amount of money and Price will want that plus one. Don't need that crap here. Shame.

I honestly don't think Price has had any interest whatsoever in being traded to Texas and certainly had no interest in signing an extension for them. The way he talked about beating the Rangers in game 163 and the apparent hatred he had for losing to us in the playoffs the previous years has made me think he would have no choice if traded here, but certainly wouldn't like it.

terpsfball09

Crabcakes and ACL tears
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any of these guys that we picked up make a trade with STL possible again?

I don't really see how the pieces fit for stl anymore. They don't need moreland, they don't need any mif's, so I don't really know what they'd even ask for

darrylgann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Really, TB list of suitors has to going down. They may be stuck with him for two years. Don't really think LAD will bite now. Maybe the Yankees.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You want to start the year with Choice in LF as opposed to trading or signing for one? I think Choice is something to fall back on if we don't include him in a trade.

Exactly

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I honestly don't think Price has had any interest whatsoever in being traded to Texas and certainly had no interest in signing an extension for them. The way he talked about beating the Rangers in game 163 and the apparent hatred he had for losing to us in the playoffs the previous years has made me think he would have no choice if traded here, but certainly wouldn't like it.

You know this how

Status
Not open for further replies.