• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2014 Offseason Plans Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
JP Arencibia just became expendable as the Jays will use Thole to catch Dickey. Dude has pop and has hit well in this park in the past. Might be a viable backup with limited PAs.

lainey12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is the fall guy for all of Selig's failures regarding the steroids era. It's never been more clear than last year. You have to be a special kind of bastard for me to agree with A-Rod and hope he wins a case. The precedence this can set can have a devastating affect on baseball going forward.

I don't need any articles to know the guy is an ass. You cannot ban someone from baseball for being an ass. If that were the case Ty Cobb wouldn't have had a career.

Hiding behind the nebulous language of a CBA to get guys that your testing process couldn't nab is downright nefarious.

Well, we are off on to two different subjects. I'm not a fan of the Biogenisis case and the way it was handled, I said from the beginning and still hold that it's a slippery slope, I don't know that there is much difference in the way we think about it. "A devastating affect on baseball"...Admittedly, I'm not at that level of concern
I don't ever remember advocating that he be banned, nor has there been any proposal to as far as I know. I don't even call him Aroid, never have
I don't know whether he'll prevail or not.... but it was never my point.

When RA Dickey replied to the accusation, I tend to agree with his stance, "if that's true...it's worse than using PED's, because you are intentionally harming another person" (that's pretty close, you can read the further links to the article to see his respsonse)

The only point in posting it, was that we were talking about Arod, and I wondered if all Ranger fans had seen those allegations when they came out.
There is no excuse, absolutely none, to deliberately betray your own pitcher's trust and your teams, and that kind of behavior has nothing to do with PED's.

It's wholly reprehensible on it's own

lainey12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
JP Arencibia just became expendable as the Jays will use Thole to catch Dickey. Dude has pop and has hit well in this park in the past. Might be a viable backup with limited PAs.

well, one thing is for sure, I would think JD has to have a plan for a back-up...

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It better be Soto and someone else. We haven't a back-up as it stands today.

I wouldn't be surprised if JD trades for JP Arencibia. He has been interested in him before.
He just lost his job in Toronto. They have 4 catchers now. JP sucks IMO, but could just need a change of scenery. Throw in Bautista and we have a deal!

Edit: I went to shower and came back without refreshing the page. Rev obviously beat me to it.

darrylgann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@JonHeymanCBS: #bluejays are working on possible trades for jp arencibia after agreeiing to sign navarro. JP: big power but had rough '13

Broseidon

M.F.C.E.O.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

We have had success trading for catchers with pop from Toronto, but I wonder if he is expendable considering they traded D'Arnaud for Dickey.

Edit: And apparently he is available

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Was just thinking the same thing.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He has pop like Rev said, but the man has never got on base more than 28% of the time in his career.

If he's backing up Soto I'm not as concerned about it. That said, is he or anyone else available really that much of an upgrade over chirinos as a backup, if at all?

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he's backing up Soto I'm not as concerned about it. That said, is he or anyone else available really that much of an upgrade over chirinos as a backup, if at all?

Not really in the long run. JPA has 3 years left of team control. That would be a bridge til the Legend is ready to role. He apparently frames pitches pretty well, and if the make or break spot on your roster is a backup catcher, then you probably have a pretty weird team anyway.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not really in the long run. JPA has 3 years left of team control. That would be a bridge til the Legend is ready to role. He apparently frames pitches pretty well, and if the make or break spot on your roster is a backup catcher, then you probably have a pretty weird team anyway.

That's what I'm saying. If we're going to roll with Soto as the primary catcher anyways let chirinos back him up and save your bullets for something else.

Xx srs bsns xX

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,409.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Peter Gammons: Feliz en route to regain Rangers? closer role - GammonsDaily.com

As the Rangers greet Prince Fielder and move Jurickson Profar to second base, their eyes have been on the Dominican. There, Neftali Feliz has struck out 6 of the 10 batters he’s faced and is reportedly 95% back from Tommy John Surgery, en route to regaining his closer role. And Robbie Ross has been sitting 93, not only showing his glove side fastball and slider that makes him so good out of the pen, but pitching in to righthanders very well. He could be a fifth starter and put Alexi Ogando in the pen, or vice versa.

Status
Not open for further replies.