• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2014 Offseason Plans Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It shouldn't be a surprise to anyone. Hicks is a moron, and the worst thing to happen to DFW sports.

As far as the Rangers, I'd say yes and no. Yeah, he screwed up. But if he hadn't, we'd never have had Nolan/JD, and the ownership team which allowed the aforementioned to have the fabulous success they've had.

He was a true blessing in disguise to the franchise IMO.

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
THANK YOU.....I was beginning to wonder about me again. But I knew I saw this on DMN.

I appreciate you "paying" attention. As depressing as the correct news is.

So, it's about $5 mil per. Is this part of JD's budget he's speaking of?

I wondered the same. I doubt it has any bearing on what JD can spend.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As far as the Rangers, I'd say yes and no. Yeah, he screwed up. But if he hadn't, we'd never have had Nolan/JD, and the ownership team which allowed the aforementioned to have the fabulous success they've had.

He was a true blessing in disguise to the franchise IMO.
SO TRUE

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That makes me want to give up on life

I'm not trying to drive your bus off the cliff. But, the 2 largest contracts signed in history belong to Capt Alex. According to Wikepidia, his $275 mil with the Rangers is #1 and #2 is the $225 mil he signed with the Yanks.

Now, get away from the railing on your balcony.

Hey Lainey....another one of those truly blessed/gifted one's. I'd sold my soul to have half of what Bonds or this guy had in their genes.

darrylgann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
oh, great.
that seems fair, they get off the hook and we don't

:L

And think of the money the Yankees could put on other players. The players we would want. :L indeed.

lainey12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On the subject of Arod, how about this oldie but-not-so-much-goodie....... if you didn't know before, this may be one of the douchiest things I'd ever read
I'm probably supposed to be more skeptical, but the guy is so off the rails...I believed the unnamed Rangers

Details on Alex Rodriguez's alleged pitch-tipping with Rangers - MLB - SI.com

SI.com: How did this pitch-tipping originate?
Selena Roberts: "I don't know the history of how it has worked in the major leagues, but from my reporting and the people I spoke with on the Rangers, what they noticed was a pattern of behavior by Alex over a pretty lengthy period of time, two or three years, where it just became more noticeable that his mannerisms on the field were different in games that were already over, its 10-2, something like that. When games were already decided, they noticed this behavior with Alex where he would do very obvious signs, presumably to an opposing hitter who would be a middle infielder on an opposing team, where they believed that he would tip the signs"

If you aren't already familiar with the allegation, you should read the whole article
still owe THIS guy money

darrylgann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On the subject of Arod, how about this oldie but-not-so-much-goodie....... if you didn't know before, this may be one of the douchiest things I'd ever read
I'm probably supposed to be more skeptical, but the guy is so off the rails...I believed the unnamed Rangers

Details on Alex Rodriguez's alleged pitch-tipping with Rangers - MLB - SI.com

SI.com: How did this pitch-tipping originate?
Selena Roberts: "I don't know the history of how it has worked in the major leagues, but from my reporting and the people I spoke with on the Rangers, what they noticed was a pattern of behavior by Alex over a pretty lengthy period of time, two or three years, where it just became more noticeable that his mannerisms on the field were different in games that were already over, its 10-2, something like that. When games were already decided, they noticed this behavior with Alex where he would do very obvious signs, presumably to an opposing hitter who would be a middle infielder on an opposing team, where they believed that he would tip the signs"

If you aren't already familiar with the allegation, you should read the whole article
still owe THIS guy money

He needs to be banned from the game. But banned just starting next season so the Yankees hands are tied this offseason.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He needs to be banned from the game. But banned just starting next season so the Yankees hands are tied this offseason.

I disagree. The Yankees signed a contract. I hope he plays and they owe him every penny. Making A-Rod the scapegoat for Selig's incompetence is lame.

lainey12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree. The Yankees signed a contract. I hope he plays and they owe him every penny. Making A-Rod the scapegoat for Selig's incompetence is lame.

This article really isn't about Selig, it was intended to show the levels of narcissism that the guy is capable of. I agree and suspect most non-Yankee fans would including darryl, would actually like the Yankees pay, fans were not complaining when they brought home a Ring. Nor do I think anyone in that F.O. cared that he was using, as long as he was helping them win. There are teammates that cared or at least have complained about his behavior and his narcissism affecting the clubhouse. Wait until he finally is gone, some stories are already bad enough, it's probably the tip of the iceberg.

Of course Yankee fans are screaming now, he's declined...the contract is an obvious albatross,
Whether we agree with the way the Biogenesis 'investigation' was carried out... the other players accepted, admitted guilt and are trying to move on. Not Arod of course, still the perpetual victim. The idea that this guy is trying to save his 'reputation' teeters on crazy, it's as if he doesn't even understand there is no reputation to save.

Is he really a scapegoat, or is it the fact that there is reportedly so much more evidence connecting him with repeated ordering for years from Bosch, and they thought/think it's more fair that he serves a longer sentence than the others? I don't know the answer for sure

As if right now, there is no proposal to ban him from the game from the MLB, only that he serve his sentence. It's in arbitration as you know, and our opinions wont matter anyway

regardless, he is scum, doubtful that he's ever really cared about his team or his teammates, or fans with or without the steroids, that's my opinion and it's highly unlikely to change.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This article really isn't about Selig, it was intended to show the levels of narcissism that the guy is capable of. I agree and suspect most non-Yankee fans would including darryl, would actually like the Yankees pay, fans were not complaining when they brought home a Ring. Nor do I think anyone in that F.O. cared that he was using, as long as he was helping them win. There are teammates that cared or at least have complained about his behavior and his narcissism affecting the clubhouse. Wait until he finally is gone, some stories are already bad enough, it's probably the tip of the iceberg.

Of course Yankee fans are screaming now, he's declined...the contract is an obvious albatross,
Whether we agree with the way the Biogenesis 'investigation' was carried out... the other players accepted, admitted guilt and are trying to move on. Not Arod of course, still the perpetual victim. The idea that this guy is trying to save his 'reputation' teeters on crazy, it's as if he doesn't even understand there is no reputation to save.

Is he really a scapegoat, or is it the fact that there is reportedly so much more evidence connecting him with repeated ordering for years from Bosch, and they thought/think it's more fair that he serves a longer sentence than the others? I don't know the answer for sure

As if right now, there is no proposal to ban him from the game from the MLB, only that he serve his sentence. It's in arbitration as you know, and our opinions wont matter anyway

regardless, he is scum, doubtful that he's ever really cared about his team or his teammates, or fans with or without the steroids, that's my opinion and it's highly unlikely to change.

He is the fall guy for all of Selig's failures regarding the steroids era. It's never been more clear than last year. You have to be a special kind of bastard for me to agree with A-Rod and hope he wins a case. The precedence this can set can have a devastating affect on baseball going forward.

I don't need any articles to know the guy is an ass. You cannot ban someone from baseball for being an ass. If that were the case Ty Cobb wouldn't have had a career.

Hiding behind the nebulous language of a CBA to get guys that your testing process couldn't nab is downright nefarious.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Navarro signed a 2 year deal with the jays pending a physical.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Navarro signed a 2 year deal with the jays pending a physical.

Just saw that and Chris Stewart is going to the Pirates. I know that Stewart had no offense last year but when we played the Yankees I was very impressed with his defense and how quickly he got rid of the ball and with accuracy.

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So it's Salty or Soto. I would just stick with Soto. I will probably regret it about a month into the season.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So it's Salty or Soto. I would just stick with Soto. I will probably regret it about a month into the season.

It better be Soto and someone else. We haven't a back-up as it stands today.

Status
Not open for further replies.