• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2014 Offseason Plans Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

lainey12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Napster. Napoli.

I think Boston re-signs him, but I'm certainly okay with having him back
trying to think of names posters haven't mentioned

lord knows I love him, but like Cruz, he's streaky as heck, one season great, the next...splat...but you can say that about a lot of DH types.

Broseidon

M.F.C.E.O.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's forget about an OF for now, are there any other DH only types that we could pry away?

If only Trumbo didn't play for the Angels, that would be a decent DH option that could spell Fielder at 1st once in awhile.
Who are we missing?

If you are going the trade route, I think Adam Lind would do well here. I don't think JD would trade for a DH only though.

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's forget about an OF for now, are there any other DH only types that we could pry away?

If only Trumbo didn't play for the Angels, that would be a decent DH option that could spell Fielder at 1st once in awhile.
Who are we missing?

I thought of one that nobody has mentioned. Raul Ibanez.

lainey12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you are going the trade route, I think Adam Lind would do well here. I don't think JD would trade for a DH only though.

Lind is a name I haven't seen, you're probably right about the DH, but...if we are out of options in the OF for whatever reason, just thinking of a way to get more power in.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Choo helps our current situation, but not anywhere near as much as Braun would.

Do we even know which Braun we are getting? WHich Braun put 7+ WAR seasons? The PED infused Braun, or not? Maybe both were, maybe neither... who's to say I'd invest a few years (2-3) in a guy like that but not 7-8

Then throwing in prospects too, no way

lainey12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The short porch would be nice for him. He would be cheap and wouldn't cost us a pick. He hit 29 HR's last year. The problem is he's 41

I was just looking at his numbers, last year...WHOA
41! oh boy.

:D

EDIT!
lol, I was looking at Linds numbers last year, had them both pulled up

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do we even know which Braun we are getting? WHich Braun put 7+ WAR seasons? The PED infused Braun, or not? Maybe both were, maybe neither... who's to say I'd invest a few years (2-3) in a guy like that but not 7-8

Then throwing in prospects too, no way

His WAR every year speaks for itself. So unless he has used every year and never been caught I think it's irrelevant. There's no denying he's a great player.

Broseidon

M.F.C.E.O.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Corey Hart could do some damage here.

lainey12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His WAR every year speaks for itself. So unless he has used every year and never been caught I think it's irrelevant. There's no denying he's a great player.

I agree, he's been a great player, testosterone isn't going to give you that all around ability on it's own, we are't talking about a guy that's size has changed...or anything to suggest something stronger

that's why it's stupid, these already good players that use....I don't get it, why take that chance? The on-the-cuff-players, I understand the temptation for a boost

lainey12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do like Hart. The fact that he didn't play last year worries me a little, but I wouldn't mind him in the 5 hole.

Hart a FA?
how about a relatively cheap DH and an upgrade to the OF (offensively)

you know, because it's so simple to pull that off. (making fun of myself)

oh lord, get Choo JD

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hart a FA?
how about a relatively cheap DH and an upgrade to the OF (offensively)

you know, because it's so simple to pull that off. (making fun of myself)

oh lord, get Choo JD

I wouldn't get your hopes up. I doubt JD spends 80-100M on Choo. That's just too much for a guy that doesn't hit lefties.

Broseidon

M.F.C.E.O.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree, he's been a great player, testosterone isn't going to give you that all around ability on it's own, we are't talking about a guy that's size has changed...or anything to suggest something stronger

that's why it's stupid, these already good players that use....I don't get it, why take that chance? The on-the-cuff-players, I understand the temptation for a boost

To go from good to great. And to get paid.

lainey12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't get your hopes up. I doubt JD spends 80-100M on Choo. That's just too much for a guy that doesn't hit lefties.

Then I think we are looking at another power-outage, Fielder can't fill it on his own.

That brings me back to Beltran, 2-3 years...if you overspend, it's at least a short term deal

Status
Not open for further replies.