• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2014 Offseason Plans Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Makes sense, Kemp wouldn't have been my first choice...but if they would eat some of that salary, I'm good....then it's back to what do you trade

I think you're argument for Braun has merit, I just haven't heard a lick that makes me believe they want to trade him
little that may mean...

they'd have to eat a lot of that contract for Kemp and even then it would be too much for an injury-riddled OF'er who had 2 surgeries on his shoulder and another on his ankle just during the last season.

lainey12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As I said when I first brought him up yesterday.... I really don't like him as a person, but I love him as a ballplayer. He is a game changer, and a 5 tool player. If he brings 7 WINS to the team then I'm all for it. If you can get the best LF in the game for cheaper (salary wise) than the FA's I would do it.

it's compelling, I wonder if JD called them? Not that we'll ever know

lainey12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
they'd have to eat a lot of that contract for Kemp and even then it would be too much for an injury-riddled OF'er who had 2 surgeries on his shoulder and another on his ankle just during the last season.

just thinking of options if we can't get Choo, Kemp was never my choice
that's why I was trying to think of DH only options...

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No way on Kemp.

darrylgann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Yankees supposedly said no way to Cano dragging it out, he has a time frame to decide but of course, we don't know what that is.
But, it helps us if it's true, at least we know more about Choo ideally sooner (as I already mentioned)

I guess the overall point is now I'm looking at the Yankees moves on Beltran and Cano...as much as our own

If NYY actually passes on Cano they will go all in on Beltran and Choo which would drag up their price. I'm hoping they put all their money in one basket (Cano and even Tanaka) and leave us Choo. Granderson is also a possibility for us.

lainey12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If NYY actually passes on Cano they will go all in on Beltran and Choo which would drag up their price. I'm hoping they put all their money in one basket (Cano and even Tanaka) and leave us Choo. Granderson is also a possibility for us.

EXACTLY, I want them to sign Cano and Beltran

or Cano and Tanaka, give us the option for Beltran if Choo is too much money.

Choo is my very first choice, but, ya know

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I asked Terps to ask his "person" if Braun's name has ever come up. The guy told Terps that they have looked at every possible situation.

not sure if i believe this:

According to Matthew Cerrone of MetsBlog.com, the Milwaukee Brewers are ready to deal Ryan Braun. Cerrone writes, "Braun is guaranteed $113 million over the next seven seasons, and buzz from Milwaukee suggests they'll pay a good chunk of it to force a change of scenery."

in my book they'd have to eat at least 30-40M of that contract and take low level prospects

Broseidon

M.F.C.E.O.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only way I could see the Brewers being motivated to move Braun is because they don't think they will be competitive and figure that he will be an uber distraction for the team, and this way they could unload a black cloud, lots of money and restock the farm...but, even then, trading him now doesn't make any sense bc his value has to be at an all time low, so why wouldn't they at least wait until he starts crushing baseballs again to drive the price up. I think the Braun talk is just a way to increase page hits.

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
not sure if i believe this:

According to Matthew Cerrone of MetsBlog.com, the Milwaukee Brewers are ready to deal Ryan Braun. Cerrone writes, "Braun is guaranteed $113 million over the next seven seasons, and buzz from Milwaukee suggests they'll pay a good chunk of it to force a change of scenery."

in my book they'd have to eat at least 30-40M of that contract and take low level prospects

I saw that too, and I saw an article that shot that one down. Someone said that they were going to trade Ike Davis for Braun. I'm not sure if it was Matthew Cerrone.

Broseidon

M.F.C.E.O.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw that too, and I saw an article that shot that one down. Someone said that they were going to trade Ike Davis for Braun. I'm not sure if it was Matthew Cerrone.

Good grief! Does Melvin want to get fired or something?

lainey12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's forget about an OF for now, are there any other DH only types that we could pry away?

If only Trumbo didn't play for the Angels, that would be a decent DH option that could spell Fielder at 1st once in awhile.
Who are we missing?

darrylgann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's forget about an OF for now, are there any other DH only types that we could pry away?

If only Trumbo didn't play for the Angels, that would be a decent DH option that could spell Fielder at 1st once in awhile.
Who are we missing?

The Napster. Napoli.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Napster. Napoli.

He'd be an excellent fit, both on and off the field. But I'm thinking Boston is going to try their best to wrap him up.

What would you be willing to offer Nap for a contract?

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Who are we missing?

Kendrys Morales will be much more willing to be a primary DH than Napoli.

lainey12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with most that Braun is a DB, certainly throwing some tester guy under the bus...when he was guilty, and the denials killed him.
However, I think fans of any team need to be careful about being too sanctimonious in regards to PED's, (no one on this board per say, I watched the Cardinals fans throw a fit about Peralta and thought they were being ridiculous)
My reasoning is this, be careful because all of a sudden the guy you like and swear is clean, get's popped.

honestly, Biogenesis may have slowed the search for testosterone (in particular) down, but I still believe there are many players beating the system. The league may get better at testing, but the players can get smarter about the timing of using testosterone and pass the tests.

Status
Not open for further replies.