• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2014 Offseason Plans Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

slugger82685

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well Texas already dealt with Cruz. I would welcome Braun if he helped Texas win. That's how I view guys like that. I didn't care for Milton Bradley, but he had a hell of a year as a Ranger. I never thought Braun was a cheater as much as I thought he was an ass. Then again I don't care what guys shoot up, rub, ingest, etc.

I mean I guess we just have different opinions on the matter which is perfectly fine....I am still upset about Cruz because we really could have used his bat down the stretch and to me it just shows that he was pretty selfish about the whole thing because his cheating led to a big missing piece for us that we needed. I am just really not an advocate to the players who are cheating and I think Braun is a really good ballplayer even without the PEDs, but I am just not sure I care to have that on the team.

I do believe people make mistakes and a second chance is worth giving, but the way Braun handled his whole situation really puts a question mark on him for me. I mean I would love it if he could be off PEDs and perform well for us, but if he came in and did not play well, to me, it would just be a major letdown for team morale and the media would jump at the chance to question the Rangers FO judgement to bring him in.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean I guess we just have different opinions on the matter which is perfectly fine....I am still upset about Cruz because we really could have used his bat down the stretch and to me it just shows that he was pretty selfish about the whole thing because his cheating led to a big missing piece for us that we needed. I am just really not an advocate to the players who are cheating and I think Braun is a really good ballplayer even without the PEDs, but I am just not sure I care to have that on the team.

I do believe people make mistakes and a second chance is worth giving, but the way Braun handled his whole situation really puts a question mark on him for me. I mean I would love it if he could be off PEDs and perform well for us, but if he came in and did not play well, to me, it would just be a major letdown for team morale and the media would jump at the chance to question the Rangers FO judgement to bring him in.
Nicely stated but I must ask would you feel the same if they bring in Cruz? Actually I feel Cruz did hurt this team. Braun is not guilty as is Cruz.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nicely stated but I must ask would you feel the same if they bring in Cruz? Actually I feel Cruz did hurt this team. Braun is not guilty as is Cruz.

I would not have a problem with Cruz coming back, although I totally agree with you regarding how he cost us last season. And there's no doubt he sank our ship. But I have no interest in him if he's thinking 4 @ $70 mil.

Rev said it pretty good earlier about liking Braun, but he seems to be a totally narcissistic ass. He destroyed the life of the sample taker - who has forgiven him incidentally - but it left a bad taste at the very least.

terpsfball09

Crabcakes and ACL tears
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does it scare anybody that braun might not be the same player now that he was while taking steroids?

slugger82685

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I stated that I think players are deserving a second chance, but I think their contract should show that. meaning Cruz should not be rewarded for using PEDs like Peralta was. No way should he be given a 4 year/$70+ mil contract with his name now linked to PEDs. his second chance should be a 1 or 2 year contract at the most at a value certainly under $10 mil/year. IMO it is just not right to reward the players after they have been suspended for cheating, but that is my take on it. I hated that the cardinals gave Peralta that contract and maybe a lot of you dont care about it, but to me I just dont like it.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would not have a problem with Cruz coming back, although I totally agree with you regarding how he cost us last season. And there's no doubt he sank our ship. But I have no interest in him if he's thinking 4 @ $70 mil.

Rev said it pretty good earlier about liking Braun, but he seems to be a totally narcissistic ass. He destroyed the life of the sample taker - who has forgiven him incidentally - but it left a bad taste at the very least.
My point is not about Cruz coming back. I was wanting Slugger's view on Cruz. Would it be the same as Braun? There should be IMO. Cruz killed this team and Braun in no way hurt it.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Load of crap IMO. The Kinsler trade had zero to do with Adrian Gonzalez. Daniels decided that Profar+Fielder was better than Kinsler+Moreland. I

OR, JD is a huge fan of Profar and wanted to move Kinsler if possible and Fielder fell in his lap

slugger82685

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does it scare anybody that braun might not be the same player now that he was while taking steroids?

yes exactly, which is why to me it is a big risk even if it might not cost us a whole lot in terms of players....I mean I dont think he had always taken PEDs, but at the same time who knows what kind of player he really is off of them? At what point in his career did he start taking them? He seems like a solid ballplayer dont get me wrong, but would he really be an MVP type player without the PEDs?

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well it does somewhat but it also does for Cruz as well or anyone for that matter. However that is not to say they will not perform as well b/c they are no longer on PEDS.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My point is not about Cruz coming back. I was wanting Slugger's view on Cruz. Would it be the same as Braun? There should be IMO. Cruz killed this team and Braun in no way hurt it.

I don't blame Cruz a bit for what he did. He didn't deserve a suspension in the first place. I don't care if he did break the rules, they didn't catch him in the prescribed manner. Neither he or Peralta ever failed a test. I also know I am in a small minority with this opinion.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OR, JD is a huge fan of Profar and wanted to move Kinsler if possible and Fielder fell in his lap

Yeah the GM of a baseball team moved Kinsler, because he's a fan of an unproven prospect. Sounds legit to me.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

No. He was hurt last year and then was suspended, but his OBP and Walk rate were both damn good despite that.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

OK.

Isn't it pretty hard to do harm to Milwaukee these days? They finished 14 games under .500 and even with Braun it wouldn't have made much of a difference IMO.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK.

Isn't it pretty hard to do harm to Milwaukee these days? They finished 14 games under .500 and even with Braun it wouldn't have made much of a difference IMO.
You're right. It wouldn't have.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It will be nice to have something to discuss. This waiting game is getting tiring.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If memory serves me right Teagarden is with Baltimore and we did not offer Baker a contract. Odor and Sardinas need to get every day playing time at AA. They are not big league ready.

I was just using Odor or Sardinas as trade pieces and Teagarden is a FA and we didn't offer Baker a contract but he is still available as a FA as well

Status
Not open for further replies.