• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2014 Offseason Plans Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He responded to the question in such an irritantingly cliche manner. "I promise you that we have already considered every possibility. And I mean every one of them."

Sounds like you might be wearing out your welcome with him a bit.

terpsfball09

Crabcakes and ACL tears
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, it would certainly debilitate our farm. I'm having trouble believing that the brewers would give him up simply to the team that would take on his already team friendly contract. We wouldn't have anyone anymore for a few years. Now that might be okay, considering that our outfield would be locked up for the near future, but we wouldn't really have any options to improve at the trade deadline or add pitching depth if we needed too (and in the past we DEFINITELY have needed to).

I just have a lot of difficulty believing that darvish, perez, holland, and harry is that formidable of a playoff rotation. I just don't see what other people see. Idk if I'm undervaluing or if other people are overvaluing. I like braun just as much as the next guy, but if we can't add a pitcher by acquiring him then I'd rather just get Choo

terpsfball09

Crabcakes and ACL tears
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like you might be wearing out your welcome with him a bit.

haha we've been friends since we were kids. He wants to come over and watch the stars game with me tomorrow. But you are right that I do have to be careful. I don't want him to feel like I'm using our lifelong friendship just to be an insider.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, it would certainly debilitate our farm. I'm having trouble believing that the brewers would give him up simply to the team that would take on his already team friendly contract. We wouldn't have anyone anymore for a few years. Now that might be okay, considering that our outfield would be locked up for the near future, but we wouldn't really have any options to improve at the trade deadline or add pitching depth if we needed too (and in the past we DEFINITELY have needed to).

I just have a lot of difficulty believing that darvish, perez, holland, and harry is that formidable of a playoff rotation. I just don't see what other people see. Idk if I'm undervaluing or if other people are overvaluing. I like braun just as much as the next guy, but if we can't add a pitcher by acquiring him then I'd rather just get Choo

It's a really good rotation maybe not the best one though.

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't know why you think we won't have to give up a lot of our farm to get Price. I agree we need to add a starter, but I don't think our rotation is anywhere close to our line-up in terms of need. Our rotation with Perez in there is stronger than our opening day rotation last year.

terpsfball09

Crabcakes and ACL tears
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's a really good guy. I think if I can get away with how much I bothered him last year with Greinke I could get away with anything. I think the reason he said that is because he was trying to answer a lot of questions I had at once. If I had followed up with "what about cargo?" He had already covered that with his answer. At the meetings they were at I'm assuming they talked about every possibility possible.

terpsfball09

Crabcakes and ACL tears
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know why you think we won't have to give up a lot of our farm to get Price. I agree we need to add a starter, but I don't think our rotation is anywhere close to our line-up in terms of need. Our rotation with Perez in there is stronger than our opening day rotation last year.

Not necessarily even price. But I think that, even if we had made the playoffs last year, the vast majority of teams had stronger rotations with us. The tigers aren't worried about anything by trading prince because their rotation is so strong already. The red sox winning the WS was completely shocking to me because I thought their rotation wasn't that good, but the reason they won is because their pitchers were dominant. All of them were. I think you need strong pitching to win a ring. Teams don't get away with winning it with mediocre pitching...

I disagree with what you said though because coming into last year we had harrison, darvish, holland, and whoever else. I'm very confident in perez, but I just am not very confident that it is strong enough to dominate in the playoffs when you have rotations like verlander, scherzer and porcello, or wacha, wainwright, and lynn, or price, moore, and whoever they would have pitching 3rd.

darrylgann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No I honestly have no idea. I can't imagine we complete a trade for Price without surrendering a starter though.

Holland or Ogando has to be the choices. Still can't see us making this trade without giving up a Jackson or Profar or Perez. And I hope it won't prohibit us from pursuing Choo, Beltran. But JD knows what he's doing.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not necessarily even price. But I think that, even if we had made the playoffs last year, the vast majority of teams had stronger rotations with us. The tigers aren't worried about anything by trading prince because their rotation is so strong already. The red sox winning the WS was completely shocking to me because I thought their rotation wasn't that good, but the reason they won is because their pitchers were dominant. All of them were. I think you need strong pitching to win a ring. Teams don't get away with winning it with mediocre pitching...

I disagree with what you said though because coming into last year we had harrison, darvish, holland, and whoever else. I'm very confident in perez, but I just am not very confident that it is strong enough to dominate in the playoffs when you have rotations like verlander, scherzer and porcello, or wacha, wainwright, and lynn, or price, moore, and whoever they would have pitching 3rd.

Darvish is the best one out of those pitchers so there's that. By the way porcello is meh. Sanchez is a lot better. Lets just put it this way. Our rotation is competitive. It's strong enough to compete but I don't know about it winning it all

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Holland or Ogando has to be the choices. Still can't see us making this trade without giving up a Jackson or Profar or Perez. And I hope it won't prohibit us from pursuing Choo, Beltran. But JD knows what he's doing.

I'm fine with ogando

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So you disagree and you think our rotation was stronger last year because we had Harrison, Holland , and Yu. Those 3 are still in the rotation this year with the addition of Perez who I think will be better than Holland and Harrison. We still have Ogando who was in the rotation last year.
Yes, the Red Sox pitchers pitched well, but I believe their line up had a lot to do with it.

Broseidon

M.F.C.E.O.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Let me start with i dont think Braun will get moved, but if Milwaukee was to trade Braun, I could see it as trying to get out from under his contract and his poor image. If this was the case, it could conceivably cost less being that you're getting a douche that cheated and was a complete ass about it, rather than a MVP. Especially if you're taking on the entire contract.

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let me start with i dont think Braun will get moved, but if Milwaukee was to trade Braun, I could see it as trying to get out from under his contract and his poor image. If this was the case, it could conceivably cost less being that you're getting a douche that cheated and was a complete ass about it, rather than a MVP. Especially if you're taking on the entire contract.

Yes. I think the price for Braun would be pretty close to the price for Price, in terms of trade pieces. Price will cost more than Braun if he gets the extension he would require. I'm not sure why Terps thinks we wouldn't be able to do anything else if we traded for Braun, but not Price.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Terps I don't know why you're saying we have a medicore rotation that isn't true. This team has very good starters maybe not enough elite talent. That's why adding price could help

terpsfball09

Crabcakes and ACL tears
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you disagree and you think our rotation was stronger last year because we had Harrison, Holland , and Yu. Those 3 are still in the rotation this year with the addition of Perez who I think will be better than Holland and Harrison. We still have Ogando who was in the rotation last year.
Yes, the Red Sox pitchers pitched well, but I believe their line up had a lot to do with it.

Well, we had perez too, until he got hurt in spring training. And we had a harry that was coming off a great year, not a harry that didn't pitch for a year.

Status
Not open for further replies.