• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2014 Offseason Plans Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really don't see what Cano was thinking. It wouldn't surprise me if the Cano negotiations cause players like Kevin Durant to drop JayZ and hire actual competent sports agents.

I can't imagine any of us can think, what he was thinking. Think about it. He's 30 years old, rich-famous, living in one of the world's most glamorous cities, and he's thinking without thinking. He's playing a game which he loves, is very-very good at, and living a life beyond imagination.

As Springsteen wrote, "poor men want to be rich/rich men want to be kings."

Broseidon

M.F.C.E.O.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Naw, seriously, there's some kind of fork lore regarding this War Eagle thing.

But truth be told, I don't give a shit. I'm a VOL fan, so screw em both!

Oh, yes, absolutely I've heard many diff stories about the war eagle ranging from actual birds to a metal eagle pin. Again, I was just saying WE is their yell/motto, and not their mascot.

But, yeah....gold jacket, green jacket: who gives a shit.

Broseidon

M.F.C.E.O.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't imagine any of us can think, what he was thinking. Think about it. He's 30 years old, rich-famous, living in one of the world's most glamorous cities, and he's thinking without thinking. He's playing a game which he loves, is very-very good at, and living a life beyond imagination.

The Boss, aside. Dropping the games best agent for a rap mogul, with zero experience, the year before becoming the top free agent on the market, knowing its probably the one chance to negotiate a mega deal is a little curious.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mobile. A great place.

Been there don't know it. Glad you enjoyed it for sure.

I lived in a bunch of places, and for the most part and my take is, if you try a little to blend, the community will accept ya and life is pretty good.

Salt Lake, Memphis, Nashville, NO, KC, Suck Louis (ain't going back there), Tikrit, etc.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Cano and Jay Z is why I can't go to the game and have a beer and peanuts. Can have one or the other. LOL.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I lived in a bunch of places, and for the most part and my take is, if you try a little to blend, the community will accept ya and life is pretty good.

Salt Lake, Memphis, Nashville, NO, KC, Suck Louis (ain't going back there), Tikrit, etc.
GYPSY?

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Boss, aside. Dropping the games best agent for a rap mogul, with zero experience, the year before becoming the top free agent on the market, knowing its probably the one chance to negotiate a mega deal is a little curious.

It's silly and incomprehensible to you. Understandable, yet, my point exactly.

Broseidon

M.F.C.E.O.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I've always wanted to join the circus

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cano and Jay Z is why I can't go to the game and have a beer and peanuts. Can have one or the other. LOL.

Com'on Now....you can have all the peanuts/beer you want. But you gotta take out a loan to do it.

I literally laughed out loud at your response.....thanks.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fair enough. Illuminati is hard to understand for mere mortals.

Ya know....I seriously think you've got much to contribute here. You're a good egg, as some of us old boys would say.

Welcome....hope you had a good Turkey Day.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've always wanted to join the circus

Forget it...I ain't hiring!

Actually, I've got a few other "landing spots" but then, why would I want to expose these now?

Broseidon

M.F.C.E.O.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ya know....I seriously think you've got much to contribute here. You're a good egg, as some of us old boys would say.

Welcome....hope you had a good Turkey Day.

Thank you, sir.

I concede I know next to nothing about advanced metrics, and am simply a fan of the Rangers. I really enjoy this site, it has helped alleviate my ESPN classic message board withdrawals.

Turkey day was solid, minus catching a cold. Hope it was good for you and your kin.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thank you, sir.

I concede I know next to nothing about advanced metrics, and am simply a fan of the Rangers. I really enjoy this site, it has helped alleviate my ESPN classic message board withdrawals.

Turkey day was solid, minus catching a cold. Hope it was good for you and your kin.

Very welcome.....metrics be damned.....you'll be a welcome addition here. Glad you're aboard. Sorry about the cold.

Later....good night.

terpsfball09

Crabcakes and ACL tears
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting news indeed, Terps. Do you know the pieces that would be involved on our side? Any part of the present rotation?

No I honestly have no idea. I can't imagine we complete a trade for Price without surrendering a starter though.

terpsfball09

Crabcakes and ACL tears
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Terps...Will you ask your friend if Braun's name has ever come up?

He responded to the question in such an irritantingly cliche manner. "I promise you that we have already considered every possibility. And I mean every one of them."

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He responded to the question in such an irritantingly cliche manner. "I promise you that we have already considered every possibility. And I mean every one of them."

Ok. Thanks for asking.
Now ask him why Braun isn't already penciled in as our LF for next year. :yahoo:

Last edited by a moderator:

terpsfball09

Crabcakes and ACL tears
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its an interesting possibility for sure, as Braun is probably a better hitter than prince. We would have to take on basically all of the contract though in order for it not to be THAT costly prospect wise. It would significantly increase our payroll, so I'm sure that's what is holding them back. If you trade for braun, that pretty much deletes every other opportunity, as it will be costly both prospect wise AND $$$ wise. Almost like signing a free agent and trading for somebody at the same time.

We get braun, you can forget choo, cano, price, grandy, hart, and everyone else. It would be the last move we make.

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its an interesting possibility for sure, as Braun is probably a better hitter than prince. We would have to take on basically all of the contract though in order for it not to be THAT costly prospect wise. It would significantly increase our payroll, so I'm sure that's what is holding them back. If you trade for braun, that pretty much deletes every other opportunity, as it will be costly both prospect wise AND $$$ wise. Almost like signing a free agent and trading for somebody at the same time.

We get braun, you can forget choo, cano, price, grandy, hart, and everyone else. It would be the last move we make.

I'm sorry but that's not exactly true. Go to the website I posted. His contract is very favorable,especially over the next 5 years. He would cost less than Choo will for those 5 years. He would only cost us 10M next year.

How much would Ryan Braun get now? - Baseball Nation

Status
Not open for further replies.