• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2014 Offseason Plans Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

lainey12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dangit, the DMN link doesn't work for me, can someone copy and paste?
Can't copy for some reason but two things of interest. 1. Gina Miller and Emily will be leaving sports broadcasting. 2. Wash tells Murphy his role is diminishing. More talk of responsibilities at farm levels and bench and 1st base coaches. Hope this helps a little.

Jcouch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see why so many people want Brian McCann as the long term catcher. The guy is going to get 5-6 years and around 15 million dollars. McCann is a good catcher, but from what I have seen watching the Braves he calls a below average game with the pitchers and nothing to go crazy about with a bat. Why not try to resign AJ for 2 yrs and 12-15 million while Alforo continues to develop.

As for Ian Kinsler and the Profar situation it can unfold into so many different possibilities.
1. Move Kinsler to first base/left field stick Profar at second.
2. Trade Profar and possibly another prospect for David Price or Max Scherzer.
3. Sign Robinson Cano for 7yrs 175 mil. move Ian to first base. Then trade Profar with Mitch Moreland for a solid bat or frontline starter. (Least likely to happen Obviously).
4. Trade Elvis Andrus and stick Profar at SS where he belongs. Profar is not a 2nd baseman.

As for 1st baseman I really do believe in Mitch and like his cheap contract, but if he doesn't produce quickly it won't be good. Why not try to sign Abreu from Cuba and put him in AAA for the first half of the season. Hopefully he will be ready to face big league pitchers by the All star break at that time JD can decide if Mitch has what it takes to play 1st base or not. If By miracle Mitch does put it all together we have a solid first baseman and a full time DH.

I really have no ideas for left field, but if Cruz is not re-signed we have to find some power. I would much rather the ranger not commit to Cruz and McCann and use that money to go after Robinson Cano. He would be an animal in the Rangers Ballpark hitting right in front of Beltre.

Well that's my two cents. Go ahead and rip it to shreads, but it is my first post on this site and figured I would just throw it all out there from the start. Have a nice day everyone! :-)

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rangers have re-sign Jason Frazor. 1 year, 1.75M + incentives

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see why so many people want Brian McCann as the long term catcher. The guy is going to get 5-6 years and around 15 million dollars. McCann is a good catcher, but from what I have seen watching the Braves he calls a below average game with the pitchers and nothing to go crazy about with a bat. Why not try to resign AJ for 2 yrs and 12-15 million while Alforo continues to develop.

As for Ian Kinsler and the Profar situation it can unfold into so many different possibilities.
3. Sign Robinson Cano for 7yrs 175 mil. move Ian to first base. Then trade Profar with Mitch Moreland for a solid bat or frontline starter. (Least likely to happen Obviously).
4. Trade Elvis Andrus and stick Profar at SS where he belongs. Profar is not a 2nd baseman.

As for 1st baseman I really do believe in Mitch and like his cheap contract, but if he doesn't produce quickly it won't be good. Why not try to sign Abreu from Cuba and put him in AAA for the first half of the season. Hopefully he will be ready to face big league pitchers by the All star break at that time JD can decide if Mitch has what it takes to play 1st base or not. If By miracle Mitch does put it all together we have a solid first baseman and a full time DH.

I really have no ideas for left field, but if Cruz is not re-signed we have to find some power. I would much rather the ranger not commit to Cruz and McCann and use that money to go after Robinson Cano. He would be an animal in the Rangers Ballpark hitting right in front of Beltre.

Well that's my two cents. Go ahead and rip it to shreads, but it is my first post on this site and figured I would just throw it all out there from the start. Have a nice day everyone! :-)
Welcome aboard!!

Jcouch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sorry alfalfa but I can not see which quote you are referring to, but I am glad it provided you with a laugh. Frazor for another a year at that price is great for the Rangers!

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sorry alfalfa but I can not see which quote you are referring to, but I am glad it provided you with a laugh. Frazor for another a year at that price is great for the Rangers!

Welcome

He was quoting a JTA post, not yours :suds:

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree on Frasor.

Jcouch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks for the welcomes!!

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks for the welcomes!!

welcome.....there are no wrong answers when opinions are given

questions....
why is trading kinsler not an option above?
if Profar isn't a second baseman, why #1?
also.......IYO, is Profar a 3rd baseman?

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think most of us are in the "sign McCann if its reasonable" boat, no one is willing to sign him at all costs, and if you or he thinks he's getting 5-6 years, you are sorely mistaken, at least at that AAV

Why not AJ? b/c he's a swing happy douchebag that makes McCann look like a gold glover

Last edited by a moderator:

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think everyone is in the sign McCann if its reasonable boat, no one is willing to sign him at all costs, and if you or he thinks he's getting 5-6 years, you are sorely mistaken, at least at that AAV

Why not AJ? b/c he's a swing happy douchebag that makes McCann look like a gold glover

exactly on both your points

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think everyone is in the sign McCann if its reasonable boat, no one is willing to sign him at all costs, and if you or he thinks he's getting 5-6 years, you are sorely mistaken, at least at that AAV

I tend to agree. He swings too early, too often, and is unwilling to even consider being any other than what he is with the bat. He's also a total douchebag and it seems - at least today - we'll need to sign Soto to catch Yu if AJ comes back. Which frankly, I'm all in favor of this regardless of what mainstay catcher we get.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I tend to agree. He swings too early, too often, and is unwilling to even consider being any other than what he is with the bat. He's also a total douchebag and it seems - at least today - we'll need to sign Soto to catch Yu if AJ comes back. Which frankly, I'm all in favor of this regardless of what mainstay catcher we get.

Just like I was last year, I'd be willing to bring back Soto to be the main catcher and a solid defensive catcher to back him up

Soto will probably hit between .200 and .250 and strikeout a lot, but he'll probably still have a higher OBP than AJ and is way better with the glove and for a catcher, I'll take that

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just like I was last year, I'd be willing to bring back Soto to be the main catcher and a solid defensive catcher to back him up

Soto will probably hit between .200 and .250 and strikeout a lot, but he'll probably still have a higher OBP than AJ and is way better with the glove and for a catcher, I'll take that

can't see Soto as a primary

Status
Not open for further replies.