• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2014 Offseason Plans Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We all know he would upgrade any rotation, but there's 3 problems. One was just mentioned by Darryl. Another is that puts 4 lefties in our rotation (unless one is included). Plus, I doubt JD trades a lot of prospects for 2 years of Price. I don't see any reason why Price would sign an extension.

If we did trade for him and had to include a major league ready pitcher, I would trade Holland before I would trade Perez. Durrett mentioned it could be Ogando. I doubt he would entice the Rays, but maybe.
That's why Price isn't super attractive to me at this point and our rotation has not been the problem.

darrylgann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm afraid Terps whetted our expectations somewhat. Which is great, Terps, if you're out there. I would personally love it if JD were talking all this time to Colorado say about CarGo or something. The Choo thing will drag on, I think.

Broseidon

M.F.C.E.O.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We all know he would upgrade any rotation, but there's 3 problems. One was just mentioned by Darryl. Another is that puts 4 lefties in our rotation (unless one is included). Plus, I doubt JD trades a lot of prospects for 2 years of Price. I don't see any reason why Price would sign an extension.

If we did trade for him and had to include a major league ready pitcher, I would trade Holland before I would trade Perez. Durrett mentioned it could be Ogando. I doubt he would entice the Rays, but maybe.

How is having 4 quality lefties in the rotation a problem?

I also think all the 1-0 games last season were an anomaly. If you can improve your pitching, at reasonable costs, you should always do it.

Broseidon

M.F.C.E.O.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not a huge fan of trading within your division, but I wonder what it would take to get Jason Castro from Houston?

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I also think all the 1-0 games last season were an anomaly. If you can improve your pitching, at reasonable costs, you should always do it.

The key words being, "at a reasonable cost".

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Not really an anomaly at all. Texas' offense was very inconsistent. They lost way too many games where they scored less than 3 runs a game last year. I am so over David Price, and have been for a while. I was in favor of a deal with St. Louis, but that ship as too passed. Texas needs to focus on signing Choo or Beltran right now. Price is not a pressing need.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not really an anomaly at all. Texas' offense was very inconsistent. They lost way too many games where they scored less than 3 runs a game last year. I am so over David Price, and have been for a while. I was in favor of a deal with St. Louis, but that ship as too passed. Texas needs to focus on signing Choo or Beltran right now. Price is not a pressing need.
Right. The number you put up speak for them selves.

Broseidon

M.F.C.E.O.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I wasn't advocating getting Price, just don't think having 4 good LHP in the rotation is a problem. Although, I would much rather have Price over Beltran. Now Choo is a different story

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wasn't advocating getting Price, just don't think having 4 good LHP in the rotation is a problem. Although, I would much rather have Price over Beltran. Now Choo is a different story

In a vacuum, sure. But the means to acquire each player respectively are very different, and frankly, not mutually exclusive.

Broseidon

M.F.C.E.O.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In a vacuum, sure. But the means to acquire each player respectively are very different, and frankly, not mutually exclusive.

That's real talk. I'd be fine with Beltran at DH, but that's about it.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's real talk. I'd be fine with Beltran at DH, but that's about it.

I have a feeling Beltran will want to play some defense. If I had my way I'd sign choo and Napoli and call or lineup set unless someone presents us with a can't miss opportunity.

Broseidon

M.F.C.E.O.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mavericks just pissed that game away, ugh.

Broseidon

M.F.C.E.O.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have a feeling Beltran will want to play some defense. If I had my way I'd sign choo and Napoli and call or lineup set unless someone presents us with a can't miss opportunity.

I don't see JD signing Napoli, but that would be cool.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah why does it matter if you have 4 dominate left
Handers??

Texas wouldn't have 4 dominate LHP nor do they. Also, I am quite sure most teams have more right handed hitters than left handed hitters. You want balance.

Broseidon

M.F.C.E.O.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As I said in the other thread, they suck. I don't care how many regular seasons games they win. The aren't a good team.

They will look better with Devin Harris taking Mekels minutes and Brandan Wright back on the bench. That 4th qtr was terrible tho, and absolutely the last person I want taking a crunch time shot is Vince Carter.

Status
Not open for further replies.