• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2014 Offseason Plans Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As I've stated before Choo and Morales would cost us a 1st and 2nd round pick, but we'd get a pick back for someone signing Cruz, so the effect is mitigated

Good point and you never know but we would have to make other moves with these signings and could possibly even gain a 2nd round pick back.

Broseidon

M.F.C.E.O.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope the A's overpay for nelly. I liked him, but I'd be fine with seeing him go. He's the streakiest hitter in our division

Josh Hamilton might have something to say about that

Broseidon

M.F.C.E.O.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, we are kinda limited what we can offer TB, Terps. Makes me really hate that Garza trade. Four prospects there waisted and we still miss the playoffs. Dang it. That pitcher we gave the Cubs would have looked good here.

Just let it play out. We'll know when we know.

CJ Edwards will haunt us, but luckily there are still a few arms in the cupboard

Broseidon

M.F.C.E.O.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Choo:

I think he's an interesting case bc his value is mainly from his on base skills, which makes him the love child of the stat-heads. However, stat-heads are very unlikely to offer a ludicrous contract be it in years or AAV. Of course it just takes one team to money whip him into pinstripes

Broseidon

M.F.C.E.O.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good point and you never know but we would have to make other moves with these signings and could possibly even gain a 2nd round pick back.

Arguably, JDs best picks have been in the compensatory round, rather than the 1st

terpsfball09

Crabcakes and ACL tears
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ya the Garza trade looks to be biting us. It would be MUCH easier to contemplate packages including mike olt, moreland, and LJ

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ya the Garza trade looks to be biting us. It would be MUCH easier to contemplate packages including mike olt, moreland, and LJ

Had we waited to deal Olt, we would've recieved nothing, as his eye issues are still unresolved

Neil Ramirez has been an exercise in frustration,

CJ Edwards plus the 2 lost causes above for Garza is an acceptable loss for Garza's rental

Edwards is the only one that would've helped us land Price

Last edited by a moderator:

Broseidon

M.F.C.E.O.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Had we waited to deal Olt, we would've recieved nothing, as his eye issues are still unresolved

CJ Edwards plus the 2 lost causes above for Garza is an acceptable loss for Garza's rental

gagreed, I don't think Olt would have moved the needle at all for TB.

Broseidon

M.F.C.E.O.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Rangers forum is by far the most active of any DFW sports teams on sportshoopla. Mavs and Stars are ghost towns, and this thread alone is on comment 5k+.

it seems baseball really is a talkin sport

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Rangers forum is by far the most active of any DFW sports teams on sportshoopla. Mavs and Stars are ghost towns, and this thread alone is on comment 5k+.

it seems baseball really is a talkin sport

don't you know? Dallas is not a baseball town

ESPN Refugee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Truth be told....Dallas (DFW) is a winners town
least for my 50 plus years it seems to be

Truth be told, every town these days need to be winners town for people to care. Sure there a few few exceptions but for the most part that's just the reality.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And most of us really thought Garza could help push us to the division champs myself included. So I understand what they did and why they did it. Hindsight is 20-20. So we just move forward.

Broseidon

M.F.C.E.O.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the truth is being told here, I think Dallas fans, generally speaking, show up late to every game.

Status
Not open for further replies.