• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2014 Offseason Plans Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

terpsfball09

Crabcakes and ACL tears
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll be honest. I've texted him twice and he hasn't answered haha. Sometimes I get really antsy I guess when talking to him because I really wanna know something and I feel like I'm bothering him. So I'll just wait til tonight because its very possible that he's just really busy.

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll be honest. I've texted him twice and he hasn't answered haha. Sometimes I get really antsy I guess when talking to him because I really wanna know something and I feel like I'm bothering him. So I'll just wait til tonight because its very possible that he's just really busy.

I'm sure I would bug the shit out of someone, if I knew someone in the organization.

terpsfball09

Crabcakes and ACL tears
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hahaha you shouldve been there for the greinke signing. Greinke is my favorite baseball player of all time and I wanted him here so bad. Pretty sure the guy would've blocked my number if we weren't friends since we were kids

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thought I would share this as it is a great reason to want Choo to come to Texas:

Shin‐Soo Choo, OF: Among active players with at least 2,000 plate appearances, here are the ones with better on-base percentages than Choo: Joey Votto, Albert Pujols, Lance Berkman, Joe Mauer, Jason Giambi and Miguel Cabrera. That’s five MVPs and a six-time All-Star. Now, OBP isn’t everything. Choo’s aptitude at getting on base, however, separates him from those below him. Move Choo back to his natural right field, stick him at the top of the lineup and watch him pile up runs for the next half-decade.

terpsfball09

Crabcakes and ACL tears
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Choo has grown on me this offseason, that's for sure. He seems like a cool clubhouse guy in all his interviews too. I don't know if I'd give him 20 mil a year like so many reports are suggesting, but 16 or 17 is a good comfort zone for 5 years

terpsfball09

Crabcakes and ACL tears
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Somewhere in the talks today there was a roadblock. He has been busy because once it hit the roadblock some of the scouts were assigned to meet together and discuss alternatives for the trade. He got off at 7 eastern time (where he's at) and now they get tomorrow off, so don't expect any big news tomorrow unless its JD doing it by himself. Texted him and asked what the roadblock was and he said he wasn't sure he was allowed to say. That's all that happened today

For some reason I feel like the rays were obviously pushing to get LJ involved but JD didn't want to. Just speculating

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Choo has grown on me this offseason, that's for sure. He seems like a cool clubhouse guy in all his interviews too. I don't know if I'd give him 20 mil a year like so many reports are suggesting, but 16 or 17 is a good comfort zone for 5 years

I've been a Choo fan for a while, only thing turning me off was Boras' contract demands, but with McCann gone now, thats the most effective use of FA dollars at this point

terpsfball09

Crabcakes and ACL tears
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's a good point though, he is a boras client. And boras does have a tendency to wait things out til he gets his money

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been a Choo fan for a while, only thing turning me off was Boras' contract demands, but with McCann gone now, thats the most effective use of FA dollars at this point

The more I look at what he has done in the past and his tools the more I would like for the Rangers to sign him. He sure would kick our rear-ends when we played Cleveland.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As I've stated before Choo and Morales would cost us a 1st and 2nd round pick, but we'd get a pick back for someone signing Cruz, so the effect is mitigated

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As I've stated before Choo and Morales would cost us a 1st and 2nd round pick, but we'd get a pick back for someone signing Cruz, so the effect is mitigated
I see your idea signing these two but are you contemplating Moreland being gone? We don't need Prince, Morales and Moreland at 1st and d/h.

darrylgann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Somewhere in the talks today there was a roadblock. He has been busy because once it hit the roadblock some of the scouts were assigned to meet together and discuss alternatives for the trade. He got off at 7 eastern time (where he's at) and now they get tomorrow off, so don't expect any big news tomorrow unless its JD doing it by himself. Texted him and asked what the roadblock was and he said he wasn't sure he was allowed to say. That's all that happened today

For some reason I feel like the rays were obviously pushing to get LJ involved but JD didn't want to. Just speculating

Well, we are kinda limited what we can offer TB, Terps. Makes me really hate that Garza trade. Four prospects there waisted and we still miss the playoffs. Dang it. That pitcher we gave the Cubs would have looked good here.

Just let it play out. We'll know when we know.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see your idea signing these two but are you contemplating Moreland being gone? We don't need Prince, Morales and Moreland at 1st and d/h.

Moreland is probably gone, based on everything I've been seeing and reading

Status
Not open for further replies.