• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2014 Offseason Plans Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

terpsfball09

Crabcakes and ACL tears
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does price have a no trade clause to any team anybody? I just couldn't believe he wouldn't wanna get out of tampa bay, that stadium, and that division but who knows

slugger82685

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does price have a no trade clause to any team anybody? I just couldn't believe he wouldn't wanna get out of tampa bay, that stadium, and that division but who knows

I am pretty sure he doesnt because he hasnt signed any other contract after his rookie contract....his salary is arbitration money, so I dont think there is a no trade clause he could have.

I believe that is all correct anyway lol

terpsfball09

Crabcakes and ACL tears
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel like those same people who don't care about getting price must feel the same about getting cano right? We have a 2b who hasn't even gotten a chance yet. He's cheap and is probably gonna be a star. I'd rather trade for price then spend a ton of money on cano to be honest. We get cano, then choo is completely out of the question.

Although I will say if we did manage to get cano, then that opens up the possibility of a profar and moreland trade for someone HUGE. Like a Cargo or a stanton

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not as much because Cano would fill a pressing need where price is a luxury in the truest definition.

terpsfball09

Crabcakes and ACL tears
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the dilemma is what is something that we WANT most that we dont NEED. Another big bat, or another awesome arm. We all know about the outfield opening, but I think the board is divided on whether another middle of the order bat is as important right now as another middle of the order arm. With the arm we trade, with the bat we spend $

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the dilemma is what is something that we WANT most that we dont NEED. Another big bat, or another awesome arm. We all know about the outfield opening, but I think the board is divided on whether another middle of the order bat is as important right now as another middle of the order arm. With the arm we trade, with the bat we spend $
Agree Terps but adding arms won't push runs across the plate and bats do. The decision should be clear after last year and we should be able to afford one more. Just my thoughts. Don't really know.

BLeslie59Rangers

I hate the Angels...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know I want a top or middle of the order bat as top priority - cash or farm should be used there first. Only entertain pitching if a deal is too good to pass up - to fill out the rotation and provide insurance in case Harrison is not ready, Ogando doesn't hold up, etc...

slugger82685

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah, I am on the fence with Price. I feel it would give us a great rotation obviously, but its not what we truly need and if we are going to pony up the cost to get him we should use those resources to fill a bigger need.

I like Cargo and Stanton, but they are both said to be not going anywhere (although an offer including Profar would have to be considered regardless) and also they have shown signs of being injury prone so that is worrisome as well.

I would be happy if the only thing we did the rest of the offseason is sign Choo, I think that would nicely round out the team and give us the best balance.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree Terps but adding arms won't push runs across the plate and bats do. The decision should be clear after last year and we should be able to afford one more. Just my thoughts. Don't really know.

Well same thing could
Be said for pitching.. You can't give up runs either

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah, I am on the fence with Price. I feel it would give us a great rotation obviously, but its not what we truly need and if we are going to pony up the cost to get him we should use those resources to fill a bigger need.

I like Cargo and Stanton, but they are both said to be not going anywhere (although an offer including Profar would have to be considered regardless) and also they have shown signs of being injury prone so that is worrisome as well.

I would be happy if the only thing we did the rest of the offseason is sign Choo, I think that would nicely round out the team and give us the best balance.

Well we could get price and choo I think

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well same thing could
Be said for pitching.. You can't give up runs either

I think DT's point is that last season Yu lost 4, 1-0 games, so no one can really pitch much better than that. And it wasn't just Darvish, but that's amazing to think one guy lost 4 games 1 zip.

darrylgann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Though the arm we are referring to will cost money, very much money, say in two years. Regardless of where he goes to this year, Price will want to be one of the highest priced pitchers ever I would imagine. Not sure I would want to see that then. Choo is what, 31? He probably won't want to sign another contract after this. It's a tough dilemma either way.

Keep the info coming Terps if you find out more. But don't put yourself or your friend in jeopardy.

Status
Not open for further replies.