• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2014 Offseason Plans Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Someone needs to get in that guys ear. Not sure? What is he thinking. 30 mill a year for 10 years. Jump all over that deal.

Yeah, hell i'd be on that like Michael Irvin on cocaine.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Los Angeles Dodgers offered left-hander Clayton Kershaw essentially a lifetime contract in the range of $300 million -- "an A-Rod deal" -- earlier this season, according to a source with knowledge of its scope and structure.

OK....don't remember this. Do you know where this info is coming from? Swear I don't remember this.

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did not realize darryl and Justin that they were thinking about keeping him. So too bad if that is true. Below is what I saw out on MLBTR this morning.

The Dodgers' biggest risk in weighing Matt Kemp trades isn't deciding to hang onto him and finding out he's no longer an MVP-caliber player, opines Tim Brown of Yahoo Sports. Rather, the biggest risk facing the Dodgers is learning that Kemp indeed still is that player, but finding out by seeing him prove it in a Mariners, Red Sox or Rangers uniform. Brown feels it's in the Dodgers' best interest to hang onto Kemp.

You never know. If the deal is right and makes sense they would have to listen. With the money they would have to throw in though, it might make more sense for them to hold on to him and hope he returns to MVP form.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You never know. If the deal is right and makes sense they would have to listen. With the money they would have to throw in though, it might make more sense for them to hold on to him and hope he returns to MVP form.

Yeah, they are between a rock and a hard place. If it falls apart they are on the hook for 20 mill a year. That is the tough part about those long contracts.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree. If that's what it takes to retain him they would pay it.

OK....then we agree to disagree. No worries.

That's what sites like this is all about. One of those tomato's tamato's kind of things.

Hell, if I was always right, I'd not only be gorgeous and rich, I'd be king too.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks.....ya know, about half the time - maybe a little more - when I'm positive I haven't seen something, someone sends it to me and I've seen it before. Oh well.

I can relate to that. It was also funny in that article it stated that A-Rod's contract was the largest at 10 yr $275 mill with incentives that would take it to $305 mill. No wonder they want to get him out of baseball. What a savings for the Yankees that would be. They talked about how stupid we were when we signed him to that big contract and they turn around and did something even worse. Guess you could call it Dumb and Dumber.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Choo, Morales & Navarro

I am guessing that Morales would be the DH unless him and Fielder switch out every now and then since you would have two players who both play 1B and DH.

Broseidon

M.F.C.E.O.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wish more players cared to win, basketball players care about winning more than money IMO

The mlb players union almost encourages its players to sign for top dollar to help
Future players. The NBA not so much bc it's contracts are capped

Broseidon

M.F.C.E.O.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't imagine that there isn't a gap. He's "looking for" $310,000,000.

I think the Yanks are more in control of this situation more than most think. And he's not getting anything remotely close to 10 yrs at $310.

Cano made a terrible decision to dump Boras

Broseidon

M.F.C.E.O.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Choo, Morales & Navarro

Would Morales cost a pick? I'd like Texas to take a flier on Morse, but I don't think he'd be positionally flexible enough for Wash to have him on the bench

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would Morales cost a pick? I'd like Texas to take a flier on Morse, but I don't think he'd be positionally flexible enough for Wash to have him on the bench

Morales is a FA, so no pick

Status
Not open for further replies.