• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2014 Offseason Plans Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kind of laughed when I read that. You are right about that.

Good. Let me ask, has anyone in any sport on planet earth ever sought out a contract of this magnitude? It's insane.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't help wonder if JD is looking at Matt Kemp as well if there is a kick back on the salary much like the Fielder deal.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't help wonder if JD is looking at Matt Kemp as well if there is a kick back on the salary much like the Fielder deal.

Cant see why he would be looking at a guy who if the Rangers made it to the postseason wouldn't be able to play because he can't stay on the field for the whole season?

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Said he was gonna do everything he could for that sixth ring and then handcuffed his team from being able to sign any pieces to do that. I don't really care either way, I cant stand the Lakers or Kobe but he definitely didnt increase his odds of winning another championship. Coming off that injury as well just seems like an absurd thing to do for the Lakers FO

I agree. Screw the Lakers. But he had no choice but to sign. Honestly, if the Lakers had approached this with a cold, calculated business standpoint, looking toward the future, they would have amnestied him.

darrylgann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Really doubt LA would give up Kemp. I think they are trying to move Ethier and the other outfielder.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good. Let me ask, has anyone in any sport on planet earth ever sought out a contract of this magnitude? It's insane.

No, the largest sports contract ever was Arod's 275 million

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cant see why he would be looking at a guy who if the Rangers made it to the postseason wouldn't be able to play because he can't stay on the field for the whole season?

I go back and forth on this guy. He is 29 years old. The Dodgers themselves from what I have read are nervous about the fact he could be tearing it up for another team and that would just be a kick in the gut. If he is healthy it would be a real coup for the team that picked him up. I know it is the Talus bone and a minor cleanup procedure was to have been done so it is a tricky situation.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, the largest sports contract ever was Arod's 275 million

Question was,"has anyone sought out," and even A-Roid didn't seek $310 mil. He got the $250+ because Tom Hicks is a fool. But he never asked for that amount of money. If memory serves, Hicks gave him at least $25 mil more to sign with TX.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Question was,"has anyone sought out," and even A-Roid didn't seek $310 mil. He got the $250+ because Tom Hicks is a fool. But he never asked for that amount of money. If memory serves, Hicks gave him at least $25 mil more to sign with TX.

Not that I know of but I remember reading that it was thought Clayton Kershaw could be offered a contract over 300 mill.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I go back and forth on this guy. He is 29 years old. The Dodgers themselves from what I have read are nervous about the fact he could be tearing it up for another team and that would just be a kick in the gut. If he is healthy it would be a real coup for the team that picked him up. I know it is the Talus bone and a minor cleanup procedure was to have been done so it is a tricky situation.

I have no doubts if the guy could stay healthy for a few years he would put up some great numbers but he hasn't proven to be able to do that and its just been one injury to another the last few years. You said if the Dodgers ate some of that contract as well, but looking here it is still a pretty rich contract to take on.

List of largest sports contracts - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not that I know of but I remember reading that it was thought Clayton Kershaw could be offered a contract over 300 mill.

Numbers I saw are $200; which is insane for a pitcher. Didn't Verlander get $180, which is the highest ever?

But no, even the Dodgers aren't giving Clayton $300 mil.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have no doubts if the guy could stay healthy for a few years he would put up some great numbers but he hasn't proven to be able to do that and its just been one injury to another the last few years. You said if the Dodgers ate some of that contract as well, but looking here it is still a pretty rich contract to take on.

List of largest sports contracts - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I knew it was around 20 mill a year which was why I threw in the deal much like what we did with Fielder.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Numbers I saw are $200; which is insane for a pitcher. Didn't Verlander get $180, which is the highest ever?

But no, even the Dodgers aren't giving Clayton $300 mil.

The Los Angeles Dodgers offered left-hander Clayton Kershaw essentially a lifetime contract in the range of $300 million -- "an A-Rod deal" -- earlier this season, according to a source with knowledge of its scope and structure.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well until now i don't think anyone was dumb enough to say they were looking for 300+ Million, he can "seek" that all he wants but you have to find someone willing to pay that and I don't see any team in any market willing to go that high, but who knows maybe the Dodgers would. I don't think it was a good marketing campaign to start out with by saying "I'm looking for over 300 million".

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He could get it too, but he says he's not sure if he wants to sign a 10 year deal.

Someone needs to get in that guys ear. Not sure? What is he thinking. 30 mill a year for 10 years. Jump all over that deal.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really doubt LA would give up Kemp. I think they are trying to move Ethier and the other outfielder.

Did not realize darryl and Justin that they were thinking about keeping him. So too bad if that is true. Below is what I saw out on MLBTR this morning.

The Dodgers' biggest risk in weighing Matt Kemp trades isn't deciding to hang onto him and finding out he's no longer an MVP-caliber player, opines Tim Brown of Yahoo Sports. Rather, the biggest risk facing the Dodgers is learning that Kemp indeed still is that player, but finding out by seeing him prove it in a Mariners, Red Sox or Rangers uniform. Brown feels it's in the Dodgers' best interest to hang onto Kemp.

Status
Not open for further replies.